Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar lessons for beginners

• 30-04-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

anyone here know someone good who does guitar lessons 1to1 basis in Waterford :cool: Trying to kill some time and always wanted to learn guitar so if anyone could be of help would be nice

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

Johnathan Kelly is brilliant! He's a friends cousin! I'll PM his number to you if ya like! Heres a Video with him playing every instrument in it and merging it together! Good singer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

KeelanM90 wrote: »
    Johnathan Kelly is brilliant! He's a friends cousin! I'll PM his number to you if ya like! Heres a Video with him playing every instrument in it and merging it together! Good singer too

does he do lessons 1 on 1 or groups and does he teach beginners any info appreciated cheers:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭KeelanM90

He only does 1 on 1 as far as I'm aware! He's quite reasonable as far as I'm aware! What I've seen of him he can teach anything! My own experience of him was him playing any song that was listed off! He was actually advertising in the college as beginner guitar lessons so should definitely be good for ya! Do ya want me to get his number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

He only does 1 on 1 as far as I'm aware! He's quite reasonable as far as I'm aware! What I've seen of him he can teach anything! My own experience of him was him playing any song that was listed off! He was actually advertising in the college as beginner guitar lessons so should definitely be good for ya! Do ya want me to get his number?

if ya could that would be nice:cool:thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Johnathan Kelly is brilliant!

Thought you were recommending me there for a second! Turns out I share the exact same name as Jonathan and even went out with his sister for a while (that provided some laughs when I used to be introduced to people!).

But I can vouch for him, he is an excellent musician.

And OP, as it turns out I'm not too shabby either on the guitar so if Jonathan can't teach you I'd be willing to give you lessons. I've been meaning to start giving lessons for years but never took the time to start it up. Been playing about 13 years, have played in a couple of bands both here and in Cork, and I also have a good grounding in musical theory.

By all means look for a seasoned teacher first though. You can always get back to me if you can't find one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement