Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stoneybatter/Oxmantown Rd, safe to leave car?

Options
  • 30-04-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I happened across a thread on another forum about the Stoneybatter area. I have just moved in to Oxmantown Road, and am now a bit worried about being parked on the street. Would anyone know much about the area and whether it's a bit dodge for leaving a car parked here over night?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Yeah should be grand. The family house is in that neck of the wood lots of people have there cars around.

Saying that though if you where right at the top of oxmantown road at the intersection of north circular road (where the shops, chemist, chipper are) and driving a 7 series BMW I would be less confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

:rolleyes:

That's a really good question op.
    Woden wrote: »
    Yeah should be grand. The family house is in that neck of the wood lots of people have there cars around.

Saying that though if you where right at the top of oxmantown road at the intersection of north circular road (where the shops, chemist, chipper are) and driving a 7 series BMW I would be less confident.

Yeah because that's the first car a thief would go for, with bricks etc often bouncing back off the windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Ah don't be pedantic about it I just picked the first expensive car that came into my head I have no idea about its security. It doesn't have to be stolen for there to be hassle, keying etc

I just wish to illustrate the point that if it was at the very top area of oxmantown road near the cross over point between O'Devaney and the Cattler I would be less confident about having the car there then say near the Mount Temple road end.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Pot Noodle =

Dont leave anything of value in it they should leave you alone

Advertisement