Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nikon D60 VS Nikon D40x VS Nikon 40

Options
  • 30-04-2010 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm a student,interested in buying my first dslr camera. I've done some research online and the Nikon D40,Nikon D40x and Nikon D60 seem to keep poping up. Which one would I be best going for and where could I buy it?

Thanks in advance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

The D60 is the better of the 3, it's an update of the D40x really, far as I know. It's the cam I was after until I found a cheaper Sony with extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭hbr

I'm a student,interested in buying my first dslr camera. I've done some research online and the Nikon D40,Nikon D40x and Nikon D60 seem to keep poping up. Which one would I be best going for and where could I buy it?

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for second hand? If so, try adverts.ie I think all of those models are discontinued, but you might find old stock lying around. The closest equivalent I can think of is the Nikon D3000 or if you want to spend a bit more, the D5000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 GirlWith1Eye

preferably new but since they are discontinued,I know thats probably not gonna happen. Wouldn't mind buying second hand if they were in good condition. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

There's always D60s about on used sites. They seem to hold their value pretty well so they're not always great prices. The D3000 is basically the D60 updated, one of those new might be better? though strangely they dropped the eye sensor for it.

Thanks in advance.

€419.99 from Argos for D3000 with 18-55mm lens. The best I could find on eBay from UK or Irish sellers was around €400 delivered.

Other on-line sellers:
    Pixmania: €429
    Dabs.ie: €484
    connscameras.ie: €449.99

Oops Sorry! Right answer, wrong thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 GirlWith1Eye

hbr wrote: »
    €419.99 from Argos for D3000 with 18-55mm lens. The best I could find on eBay from UK or Irish sellers was around €400 delivered.

Other on-line sellers:
    Pixmania: €429
    Dabs.ie: €484
    connscameras.ie: €449.99

Oops Sorry! Right answer, wrong thread.

haha,no thats perfect. Is that Argos in Ireland or Argos uk delivered?

haha,no thats perfect. Is that Argos in Ireland or Argos uk delivered?

From your local Argos in Ireland. "Home delivery not available on this item".

You can check stock availability in your nearest store at www.argos.ie

They are quite competitive for camera prices. When the time comes for
    buying extra lenses, don't assume they will be equally competitive. I
    didn't look at their Nikon lenses, but their prices for Canon lenses are
    quite high.

Blanchardstown have 1 in stock.
    Dun Laoghaire none in stock
    Ilac Centre 2 in stock
    Jervis Street 2 in stock
    Liffey Valley 2 in stock.......

Advertisement