Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass Effect 2 Player Character

Options
  • 30-04-2010 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

Im just starting into ME2, after completing the first game recently. I played the first as an Infiltrator and by the end I was pretty sick of using the pistol and Sniper rifle and being fairly rubbish with the other weapons.

Is it worth playing the second game as a totally different character and choosing the soldier class, or can I pick up where I left off with my character and actually improve assault rifle and shotgun proficiency?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

ME2 is a bit different with weapons. You don't allocate skill points to weapons anymore, you can either use them or not. Your biotic/tech/whatever powers are where the XP goes now, you can pick up and research weapon upgrades throughout the game. Infiltrator is worth checking out, the sniper rifle is rather improved over the first game. Depending on the skills you pick you can get yourself a couple of seconds bullet time when you zoom in, and an invisibility cloak for extra-powerful first shots. Your imported character should be able to use heavy weapons, the sniper rifle and pistol straight off and later you can unlock one of the other gun types.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Cool. Sounds like it might be worth sticking with it then. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

On a similar note, imported characters are fun in the sense you hear about or experience nearly every one of the choices you made in the previous game. The continuity is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I'm pretty sure you can pick a different class when importing your ME1 character. That way your appearance and decisions will carry over, but you can try a different class

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Another quick question on this. PC version. Do you HAVE to be connected to the Cerberus network at all times to use the DLC? I download the armor and could select it in game when my LAN was on. But when i turned it off, the extras werent available anymore? :confused:

Some people are saying it works fine offline, others say you must be connected all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement