Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Sounds encouraging, particularly liking the sound of
    On Thin Ice
    Gotham's Reckoning (I think this is the theme in the MTV clip)
    Mind If I Cut In
    and
    Why Do We Fall

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Last track is either
    Batman dying or Bruce visiting his parents grave

The track listing may not necessarily be in the order in which they appear in the film, apparently this was the deal with both the BB and TDK soundtracks.
    With Rise, I'd hate to see Bruce die (if that is what happens) on a such a depressing note, it's the same sound used for when his parents were murdered. I think Why Do We Fall would be much more apt if Bruce had to make the ultimate sacrifice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

On Thin Ice
    Mind If I Cut In
    and
    Why Do We Fall

The second one has certain bits very similar to the Original Terminator!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I can't be the only one hearing Scarface in 'Nothing Is Out There'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

On Thin Ice
    Mind If I Cut In
    and
    Why Do We Fall

Is this soundtrack out on sale in any Irish stores yet? They sound really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

stevenmu wrote: »
    Indeed.

I don't LOL much but this actually nearly made me pass out from laughing. well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

New TV Spot: (Warning gives away a tiny bit more.. nothing major. Just that bit more)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Good news:
    The Dark Knight Rises video game.

Bad news:
    Only on iOS/Android.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/06/15/the-dark-knight-rises-coming-to-mobile/
    Given how huge a release The Dark Knight Rises will be, it was a little peculiar that no game tie-in had been announced. That's finally changed as Gameloft has revealed their The Dark Knight Rises mobile game coming to iOS and Android this summer.
    I'm not sure that's exactly the sort of thing fans wanted, but it does look quite pretty in its debut trailer. Of course, making a Batman game now is quite the Herculean task after Rocksteady raised the bar so high in their "Arkham" series. Granted this will be cheaper, portable, and from the teaser trailer, there's not a stupidly dressed female super-villain in sight, so it's got that going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Water Tower Music has reported that the new soundtrack has a release date of the 17th of July.

Full tracklisting here

You thought that the android game was coming up soon, wait till you see this page and the instructions.

I cannot wait for June 19th. I'm so excited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

stevenmu wrote: »
    Indeed.
    Can somebody explain this for me.
    Is it a Stargate joke or am I over thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Mellor wrote: »
    Can somebody explain this for me.
    Is it a Stargate joke or am I over thinking

It's hilarious. If you don't get it. You've missed out.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Gonna wait about 2 months before I see this - fanboy-free screenings ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Renn wrote: »

What difference do the other people in the cinema make?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Less people/less noise/less food = better viewing experience. Remember seeing The Dark Knight when it came out and there were obviously a good few people there that had seen it already and pre-empted a few funny lines (e.g. that opening scene). Went to see it again (don't ask) and the same thing happened.

So that's why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Less people/less noise/less food = better viewing experience. Remember seeing The Dark Knight when it came out and there were obviously a good few people there that had seen it already and pre-empted a few funny lines (e.g. that opening scene). Went to see it again (don't ask) and the same thing happened.

So that's why.

Won't it be more likely for this to occur if you go to it later in its release (given the fact many in the audience will have already seen once)? I have every intention of going more than once. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just go to a morning or afternoon screening. I've seen some huge films on opening day and the cinema was still half empty. I can never understand people saying wait a few weeks to avoid the crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Just go to a morning or afternoon screening. I've seen some huge films on opening day and the cinema was still half empty. I can never understand people saying wait a few weeks to avoid the crowds.

There seems to be more and more of them putting off going on the opening night to avoid the crowds. Only problem is if everyone else also waits a week to see the film to avoid the crowds :p

I'll be there front row, centre. There's always a great atmosphere on the opening night for a film like this and the people who are there tend to be the ones who really want to see it so there's no eejiting going on.

Morning and you can't go wrong. Hell, I even saw prometheus at 4.30pm in cineworld and there wasn't one problem. But i actually take days off for films i really want to see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

What difference do the other people in the cinema make?
    Because some people are noisy jerks. A guy actually answered his phone when I went to The Avengers, I'm quite sure even Hitler wouldn't have done that.
    Some people can't afford to take a day off work to go see a film. I generally don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, chances are I've already waited a few months for the film so what's an extra couple of weeks if it's going to be a better viewing experience? But the problem with Batman will be avoiding spoilers.

• Advertisement

^ That's just obnoxious though, not fanboism. Tbh the only time I've ever come across fanboism is when, of all films, I saw the expendables. In general, I don't think fanboism in the cinema exists in ireland. I think Renn is just on the wind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

^ That's just obnoxious though, not fanboism. Tbh the only time I've ever come across fanboism is when, of all films, I saw the expendables. In general, I don't think fanboism in the cinema exists in ireland. I think Renn is just on the wind up.
    Ah, didn't realize we we talking fanboism. I'm in North America so bouts whooping is a definite concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I went to an open day showing of Avengers and the majority of the people there were fellow comicbook readers. It was one of the best atmospheres I had been to in many years. I'll be doing the same for all comic book related movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fanboys are usually the best people to see movies like this with, they shut up during the parts they're meant to and laugh at the parts they're supposed to. I saw Avengers on opening day and it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Jeez, Anthropophobia much?

Who gives a toss how full the cinema is? If scumbags are really that much of an issue take your business to a proper cinema. I don't think I've ever encountered one of these cinema fanboys ruining the show in my life - if there were such a thing they'd surely be the last ones to disrupt the movie. Go see the film you want to see when you want to see it regardless of other people. If on a very rare occasion another patron is spoiling your experience, tell them to shut the hell up. If you don't get satisfaction, walk out and ask for a refund telling the management why.
    Some people can't afford to take a day off work to go see a film. I generally don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, chances are I've already waited a few months for the film so what's an extra couple of weeks if it's going to be a better viewing experience? But the problem with Batman will be avoiding spoilers.

Legend has it cinemas occasionally open at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

As I posted above, that's not true.
    It's released in the US on the 20th.
    It's released in Australia (and a few other countries) on the 19th. there's definitely midnight showings in Oz. With time zones, that means it'll be nearly two days ahead of the US premiere.

So if cinemas in Dublin aren't having midnight showings, its not because of the american premiere being first.

We have it on the 19th too...

YEAH!

IMAX

Thursday, 19 July 2012
    12:01am*
    3:30am*
    7:00am*
    10:45am*
    2:15pm*
    5:45pm*
    9:10pm*

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Huh. That was a hastily removed 'nerd' comment.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I fupping love this shot

tumblr_m52qz7rodr1r5r8duo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Rabies wrote: »
    We have it on the 19th too...

YEAH!

IMAX

Thursday, 19 July 2012
    12:01am*
    3:30am*
    7:00am*
    10:45am*
    2:15pm*
    5:45pm*
    9:10pm*

Now seeing evening listings for Wednesday 18th :D

Edit: fvck, it's for the original dark night. They used a new poster to advertise.
    Bah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Advertisement