Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I will be rocking one of these tshirts when I go see it:

arise-mens-front-0x0-b-fff.jpg

comefromthedark-mens-front-1-0x0-b-fff.jpg

YEAH!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

I like the qwertee, ^those tees are pretty sweet too. Always feel a little nerdy wearing a fan tee to a film though :pac:

Resisting watching that new trailer. Have seen enough to get me uber excited for this already and I don't want to know anything more. Must book tickets soon, can't fupping wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

what is the story with no midnight viewings in the omniplex in cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

maximoose wrote: »
    I like the qwertee, ^those tees are pretty sweet too. Always feel a little nerdy wearing a fan tee to a film though :pac:

Resisting watching that new trailer. Have seen enough to get me uber excited for this already and I don't want to know anything more. Must book tickets soon, can't fupping wait.

Wore my Captain America tshirt to the Avergers, picking up my Captain America 3d glasses.

Worse my Iron Man tshirt to the second viewing of Avengers, with the Iron Man 3d glasses.

NNNNNNNNNNNNERD:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

I'm not one to let possible spoilers bother my enjoyment of a film, so found the below interesting.

A lad on another site reckons he has insight.................

gotham becomes a prospering safe city, so batman retires.
    Bane turns up, police are helpless, bane is too strong and smart for them. to make a statement he kidnaps Gordon, holds him captive in the sewers, where he and his men hideout.
    Bane gets distracted and Gordon escapes (barely) he's found by the police. they take him to hospital. In his hospital room Batman sneaks in, through the window, Gordon tells him he has to come back, gotham needs him. Batman forms a plan (in the batcave) to take down Bane. Batman searches the sewers, Finally finding bane discussing his plans with his men. Finally banes men leave, Batman attacks, banes too strong though overpowers him, Bane beats batman and leaves him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,201 ✭✭✭maximoose

Wore my Captain America tshirt to the Avergers, picking up my Captain America 3d glasses.

Worse my Iron Man tshirt to the second viewing of Avengers, with the Iron Man 3d glasses.

NNNNNNNNNNNNERD:D

Nice :pac:

I have done it before myself plenty of times. Sometimes you do get the odd "look at that nerd!" look from someone haha, but tbh it's the other side of the scale that puts me off doing it more - that odd awkward nod/wink/smile that another fellow nerd gives you after spotting your tshirt or whatever and feels obliged to let you know they like the same things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

im starting to really think we wont see the famous back breaking scene as in the comics. i believe bruce is in a state due to the fall at the end of the dark knight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

She looks super hot.
    198229_3515206758576_1077599313_n.jpg
    A mixture of Julie Newmar and Diana Rigg.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I will be rocking one of these tshirts when I go see it:

arise-mens-front-0x0-b-fff.jpg
    Where can I get this? Class t-shirt never noticed the picture of batmans face at the bottom before looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Where can I get this? Class t-shirt never noticed the picture of batmans face at the bottom before looks amazing!

http://www.designbyhumans.com/arise-t-shirt-dark-knight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

sheehy83 wrote: »
    No I don't own or work for Qwertee :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with harry potter haha

you sure?! ;)

fcnolv.jpg

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

http://www.onlinecinematickets.com/index.php?s=LHSMITHF&p=details&eventCode=7527

Wow look at the screening time. I don't know if watching it in a zombie like state will improve it or not though. :pac:

e_e wrote: »
    Thats for the Smithfield market workers.. early houses are very 90's. it's all cinema these days :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Squ wrote: »
    Thats for the Smithfield market workers.. early houses are very 90's. it's all cinema these days

or its because Warners wont allow it to be shown earlier because of the US time difference

krudler wrote: »
    or its because Warners wont allow it to be shown earlier because of the US time difference
    or that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I can imagine people going before work on Friday so that they can torment their colleagues about it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah, would be a tough few hours with all those arrogant Voldemort kills Alfred spoilers.
    This post contained spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

ooh I'm tempted to go to that, never been to lighthouse before - would anyone rate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

krudler wrote: »

Surely there'll be the previews before it, like there was for The Dark Knight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

5am! No thanks, don't want to see it that badly.

BTW I may just kill anyone who posts spoilers and doesn't use spoiler tags, you have been warned :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,795 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't wait for joseph gordon levitt to break out his Robin costume!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Savman wrote: »

BTW I may just kill anyone who posts spoilers and doesn't use spoiler tags, you have been warned :mad:

Robin dies;)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

al28283 wrote: »
    Robin dies;)

robin never existed in this batman universe!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

unplayable wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Really? Thanks for letting me know buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can't wait for joseph gordon levitt to break out his Robin costume!

Pfft. Bane is clearly a very disgruntled Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

what is the story with no midnight viewings in the omniplex in cork?

No midnight screenings anywhere as Warners have a ban and want New York to get to see it first. Or at least judging by the 5am screening, they don't want anyone seeing it before New York.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Will the copper topper Coleman Reese be in this movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Savman wrote: »

thats why Im going to see it first thing in the morning its out, there'll be spoiler all over the place from that day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

No midnight screenings anywhere as Warners have a ban and want New York to get to see it first. Or at least judging by the 5am screening, they don't want anyone seeing it before New York.

apart from the countries that have it before America, like Australia.

Advertisement