Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

Lighthouse is lovely btw.

But 5am???

I am half tempted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Why would you ruin the movie by going to see it at 5am feeling tired, absolutely crazy.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Why would you ruin the movie by going to see it at 5am feeling tired, absolutely crazy.

Stay up all night snorting coke, you'll be grand :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

JGL's role is pretty clear for the most part and the following has been drawn by trailers and tv spots, that's it. He's a cop in awe of how Gordon has cleaned up Gotham, yet is skeptical in regards to Batman's true nature. Bats gets a hiding from Bane in the full view of Catwoman and once she realises Bats is Bruce, her belief system is thrown into chaos. She tries to flee Gotham, only to be nicked by Blake. She spills on what she witnessed.

Blake attempts to save Bats but is ultimately thrown into the pit by Christopher Judge's character.

Beyond that Blake's fate is unclear, we just know one thing for certain: he's just a decent cop trying to do right, that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

New promo poster up now

darkknightrisespromoposter1.jpg

That machine looks pretty big don't you think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jeez, that looks pretty awful; somebody clearly went a bit overboard on the airbrush in Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

pixelburp wrote: »
    Jeez, that looks pretty awful; somebody clearly went a bit overboard on the airbrush in Photoshop.

It looks like an image that should be on the front of the toy box.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭veXual

That has to be fake. Pardon my french but it's fúcking shíte!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Looks fake tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

It looks like an image that should be on the front of the toy box.

There's a whole run of them. They're the promotional material for the toys.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is genius: http://imgur.com/a/kxR1j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

pixelburp wrote: »

i read up on that promotional poster. it was made to be aimed at children and to also buy the toy.

this is another poster that was aimed at children

f37f1f96d22978433fdd0accf2698753-576x873.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

4 weeks today lads. never remember being this excited about a movie.nolan is the man.gonna watch memento, prestige,both batmans and inception in next few weeks in preparation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the viral marketing is heating up nicely

go01.jpg

go02.jpg

go03.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I haven't seen the Prestige, must look at it over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I'll just leave this here lads.
    Fella named Barry "Jazz" Finnegan. Amazing stuff from him. Really enjoy watching his videos of his drawings coming together. Awesome artist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

ooh I'm tempted to go to that, never been to lighthouse before - would anyone rate it?
    Comfortable seats, good image quality, reasonable prices and nice modern look to it. Lovely cinema!

I'd go myself but I'll be down in Kilkenny for the whole weekend. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

The ad for Rykindata is interesting. Go to http://www.rykindata.com/ and enlarge the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

MJ23 wrote: »
    I haven't seen the Prestige, must look at it over the weekend.

its fantastic his best movie in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Hmm, I may be reading too much into that viral newspaper.... But.....
    Alarm bells started ringing for me when I noticed Wayne's contribution towards a new wing of the library. Perhaps the new wing links to the new batcave. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Virgo horoscope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

All of the horoscopes give hints I think. Anyone know any signs we could associate with particular characters?

Apparently Bruce Wayne's is either Feb 19 or April 7.
    Edit: The more I look the more birthdates there are for him, first day of spring, april 14th etc. Any clues given in the Knightfall arc?

TDKRhoroscopes.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

And the patent application on rykindata.com

TDKRrykin.png

krudler wrote: »
    Virgo horoscope

Most likely
    Ra's Al Ghul (In flashback of course)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

6sMlb.jpg

nicklauski wrote: »

I'll just leave this here lads.
    Fella named Barry "Jazz" Finnegan. Amazing stuff from him. Really enjoy watching his videos of his drawings coming together. Awesome artist.

Wow, That is epic stuff from Barry. I am delighted to see that video now.

You probably have not seen this one of Heath Ledger as the Joker have ya.

According to his linkedin profile; Barry used to be educated in the IADT in Dun Laoghaire.

"Now that's impressive". (Jim Carrey).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Most likely
    Ra's Al Ghul (In flashback of course)

Really? To me it would make more sense that this tech would be used by the corporation (assuming they are working for bane / the LOS) on batman after he has been sent to exile for 8 years. Completely remove any mention of the batman and give it 8 years you will pretty much wipe out the man and turn him into myth. Makes that scene with gorden levit drawing the bat symbol on the ground make sense.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Really? To me it would make more sense that this tech would be used by the corporation (assuming they are working for bane / the LOS) on batman after he has been sent to exile for 8 years. Completely remove any mention of the batman and give it 8 years you will pretty much wipe out the man and turn him into myth. Makes that scene with gorden levit drawing the bat symbol on the ground make sense.

I was talking about the Virgo horoscope in the paper :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Mellor wrote: »
    It's Christopher Judge

judge_darkknighttrailer-e1335951334840.jpg

I'm not saying that its not the official line from the cinema. I'm saying that its makes no sense. Sydney IMAX will be 38 hours before New York's midnight showing.

There's a midnight showing in Chicago IMAX and they're a few hours behind, so it's not a synchronised release

• Advertisement

The Dark Knight Rises day will be on 19th of July in preparation for the upcoming movie the day after.

There will be a special free comic book on the day in your local comic book retailer called Batman EARTH ONE Special Preview Edition.

http://www.comicshoplocator.com/Home/1/1/57/608?articleID=122757

DC will only distribute 500,000 copies of the comic as the final bit of the movie's marketing campaign on a first - come, first - served basis.

The participating shops located in Ireland are in Dublin & Cork only

DUBLIN

FORBIDDEN PLANET

5 & 6 Crampton Quay
    Dublin 2

Phone 01 671 0688

SUB-CITY

2 Exchequer Street
    Dublin 2

Phone 01 677 1902

CORK

OTHER REALMS