Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

I think they should cut all advertising now and save money. I am sick of seeing trailers and posters now. Anyone who doesn't know the film is coming out or is not sure if they want to see it, shouldn't be allowed into the cinema fullstop.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

FrostyJack wrote: »
    I think they should cut all advertising now and save money. I am sick of seeing trailers and posters now. Anyone who doesn't know the film is coming out or is not sure if they want to see it, shouldn't be allowed into the cinema fullstop.

Joking surely?

Over 3,000 posts more or less a whole month before the movie comes out. With boards' 10,000 post-per-thread limit, will this be the first film to have a "thread part deux" on boards?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't think everyone does know the film is coming out. I know several people who recently said to me "did you know they are making a new Batman?" One of them even asked me who was playing the Riddler. He hadn't even seen the trailer.

Speaking of which, I've yet to the see any of the trailers in the cinema.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Over 3,000 posts more or less a whole month before the movie comes out. With boards' 10,000 post-per-thread limit, will this be the first film to have a "thread part deux" on boards?

I'm planning to lock this thread and create a new one once the film is released anyway. It will make it easier for people to read responses to the film from the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Joking surely?

Kind of, if you didn't like the 1st two you won't like this, so no point in going then except to complain.

I don't think everyone does know the film is coming out. I know several people who recently said to me "did you know they are making a new Batman?" One of them even asked me who was playing the Riddler. He hadn't even seen the trailer.

Speaking of which, I've yet to the see any of the trailers in the cinema.

Well then he must never get a bus or pass bill boards. How could you not have seen the trailer in the cinema? I have barely gone this year and I have seen it in every film bar the Avengers (could be been on then but forget). The only trailer I have seen more is the new Spiderman, which looks even more kack everytime I see it. The marketing is having a reverse affect.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

This trailer;
    Every hero has a journey, every journey has an end.
    The epic conclusion to the dark knight lengend.
    :rolleyes:

The self hype and marketing of these films is way OTT, and it is really arrogant to call it 'epic' when it hasn't even been released yet.

'Epic' used to be a title that was awarded to films for the excellence of their stories and story telling.
    Now it's just something that is pejorativly being (self)ascribed to anything that's overly long or overly profitable.

Blue Sky's next animated film is literally called 'Epic'. Try to calm down lad. Marketing is marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

100,000 posts per thread i thought.

Either, it should defo be locked and a post release discussion be opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,677 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Or keep this thread open (but no spoilers) and start a new thread where you can talk about the film without
    this grey sh*t taking up 90% of 90% of posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

bane_randy_marsh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

To summarize: Batman is bigger than Jesus.

But if Bane is bigger than Batman....is he God? To the Religion & Spirituality forum this thread must surely go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Bro-down :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That's the good thing about a new thread, no spoiler tags.

The obvious flaw with leaving this one open is that people will not all be aware that its to be spoiler free.

It might be a good idea to ban me on the 18 and 19th July tbh incase I post in the wrong thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Tickets booked for Dun Laoghaire IMC! Won't be long now.

*Rubs hands!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I was looking up to see what film had influenced the style of rises going back to the Blade Runner and Heat influences that Nolan has talked about in the past from the first two films and I found this link, interesting theory!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/patriautism/news/?a=43308

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mwnger3

That's interesting alright, but as someone said in the comments, Modine's part was originally offered to Treat Williams who had to turn it down due to his TV commitments.

Treat Williams starred in a movie years ago called Prince of the City. Wally Pfister mentioned in an interview before the shoot that that movie was going to influence the visual style of TDKR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

never seen Prince of the City, always liked treat williams though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Can confirm Vue will be doing a 06:01 (6am) showin to tie with the American midnight release

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

If I'm honest I'm a bit worried about this, as reason dictates that eventually Nolan (huge fan, went mental when I first seen memento, blew my mind!!!!) will miss (ok maybe insomnia)....

After TDK then inception I just can't see 3 blockbusters in a row.....

Hope to god I'm wrong though as I've been anticipating this so much!!! And Tom hardy is severely talented!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

If I'm honest I'm a bit worried about this, as reason dictates that eventually Nolan (huge fan, went mental when I first seen memento, blew my mind!!!!) will miss (ok maybe insomnia)....

After TDK then inception I just can't see 3 blockbusters in a row.....

Hope to god I'm wrong though as I've been anticipating this so much!!! And Tom hardy is severely talented!!!!

I didnt realise The Prestige made as little as it did, 53m on a budget of 40m, thought it was bigger than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I <3 Tom Hardy

• Registered Users Posts: 82,884 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

A well known vendor for my job is furnishing us with a training event they are going to stage at an IMAX theatre next july

Thats right: not only will I be paid to sit in for their hour presentation on a movie screen, but they are getting us all tickets for the Dark Knight Rises midnight launch

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Overheal wrote: »
    A well known vendor for my job is furnishing us with a training event they are going to stage at an IMAX theatre next july

Thats right: not only will I be paid to sit in for their hour presentation on a movie screen, but they are getting us all tickets for the Dark Knight Rises midnight launch

:D

That's great and all, but I don't fancy the year long wait. :pac:

Official synopsis from Warners. I'm not spoiler tagging this as it's official and really doesn't reveal anything that you wouldn't already know from reading this thread, watching trailers, etc.
    It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.

But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.

Source

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Sorry if it's already been posted but just noticed that Cineworld in Dublin is running a Begins/TDK double at 6pm on the 17th for anyone that's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Just booked my tickets for the Savoy on opening night, can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Booked tickets to iSense - Roll on Monday 23rd...

THE FIRE RISES!

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

new poster

bizarre-funny-photos-23.jpg?w=500&h=727

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

This might be interesting to anyone that's planning on seeing it in an IMAX. Crazy amount of effort to get the film ready to screen, and TDKR 70mm film will apparently weigh about 600lb, whatever that is in real measurements, 200-300kg?

Advertisement