Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

e_e wrote: »
    Source?

Here, also has a couple of peoples reactions to the screening

4387956_orig.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

First screenings were yesterday, have avoided reviews so far, don't know how long that will last. :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I like getting a general idea of what a film is like on this forum but I'm not going near any professional reviews for this one. A review I read for The Dark Knight informed me about the
    "death of a major character."
    Man I was really pissed at the rime.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

krudler wrote: »
    shot of the 1/6 scale figure. the armour looks different, huge shoulder pads

582698_10150912831432344_1403134414_n.jpg

It's the same armour. Hot toys are probably still slightly tweaking the look and colour accuracy. If anything the pads are smaller again - they were reduced in the second run along with modifications to the squareness of the mouth opening - than the initial HT TDK release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

one reviewer said if this does not win the oscar for best picture then no comic book movie will ever win one. very positive reviews so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

To your original question - there are things I criticize in every film, but this one measures high on many measures. There will be some surprises but not big ones, the beauty of the film is how well it tells the story. Tom Hardy was incredible as Bane, the storyline was fantastic. I think the Joker is far more iconic than Bane, with more memorable quotes, but this story was great, including Bane's origin. Godfather 3 never happened. Xmen 3 & Spider-Man 3 were awful, this film was the perfect final chapter in the trilogy."

squeeeeee

Just 13 days!

tumblr_m66od6v7tZ1qzjmzmo2_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Sorry lads this may have been discussed or not but...

I'm watching guy pierce in lockout right now and he has bulked up!!! I would have been delighted if he was cast as bane, don't get me wrong Tom hardy will do a fine job but I've always been impressed by guy pierce!!! An with his Nolan/memento ties who's to say he was not considered???

Just wondering what ye think???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Tom Hardy as a stronger screen presence imo.

Every movie I've seen Hardy in he dominates the screen.

I'd put money on him being the next James Bond as well.

• Advertisement

Temaz wrote: »

If Nolan gets to direct a Bond film, something he has said he wants to do, you can put your house on Hardy being 007. That being said, apparently Nolan wants to focus on lower key films for the forseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Here is the full image of that HT Batman. There is a company called Enterbay making a 1/4 scale version.
    901896_press01-001.jpg

Temaz wrote: »

either Hardy or Fasssbender I reckon, either one would make either a great Bond or villain.

tom-hardy-This-Means-War.jpg

michael-fassbender-gq-june-2012-05152012-08.jpg

either one fo them would make a great Bond if they dont go with an unknown (which I doubt they would)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd lean more towards Fassbender, Hardy is a bit too youthful looking for bond imo (even though they're both the same age).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Craig, Brosnan, Moore, Dalton, Connery were hardly household names before Bond. Hardy and Fassbender would seem like big stars in comparison. I know people always talk about big-name actors taking over the Bond role, but there really isn't a chance in hell of either of them doing it. There's no reason for them want to sign themselves up to a franchise for several years when they are doing so well anyway.

And unless Nolan is willing to take a major reduction in pay and influence, I doubt he'll be doing it either. There's a reason the Broccolis get hacks to direct the Bond films: because they want someone they can control. Even Mendes (remember him?) is basically just directing the dialogue scenes with second unit handing the rest. Nolan famously insists on shooting everything himself (with sometimes questionable results). This is why the Batman films take 6 months to shoot.

I don't know why Nolan would want to direct a Bond film anyway given that he's already made several films that are heavily influenced by Bond. He's a writer. If he still hasn't gotten the Bond bug out of his system he can just write another Bond-inspired script. Along with Dick Donner's Superman and Heat, Bond has been a pretty big influence on Nolan's take on Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Very good

Craig, Brosnan, Moore, Dalton, Connery were hardly household names before Bond. Hardy and Fassbender would seem like big stars in comparison. I know people always talk about big-name actors taking over the Bond role, but there really isn't a chance in hell of either of them doing it. There's no reason for them want to sign themselves up to a franchise for several years when they are doing so well anyway.

And unless Nolan is willing to take a major reduction in pay and influence, I doubt he'll be doing it either. There's a reason the Broccolis get hacks to direct the Bond films: because they want someone they can control. Even Mendes (remember him?) is basically just directing the dialogue scenes with second unit handing the rest. Nolan famously insists on shooting everything himself (with sometimes questionable results). This is why the Batman films take 6 months to shoot.

I don't know why Nolan would want to direct a Bond film anyway given that he's already made several films that are heavily influenced by Bond. He's a writer. If he still hasn't gotten the Bond bug out of his system he can just write another Bond-inspired script. Along with Dick Donner's Superman and Heat, Bond has been a pretty big influence on Nolan's take on Batman.

Inceptions snow fortress was as bondian as you could get, was like a scene out of OHMSS. and the TDKR prologue's mid air heist is as well, even it was done before (and brilliantly) in Cliffhanger, its still an amazing looking scene even on the crappy quality youtube vid I saw never mind on the big screen.

The Bond 2nd unit is one of the best in the world at what they do so there's never really much fear they wont shoot some great action scenes. I kinda wish Clive Owen had gotten the gig a few years back he'd make a great Bond, he's too old now though.

anyhoo, back on topic.

less than two weeks to go, I are excite!

Very good

^ 3.55 in "let the games begin!" Hardy looks awesome in this love how he delivers that line, didnt watch past that part as it shows a fair bit but still. cant wait now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

• Advertisement

Liamario wrote: »
    fixed
    do you ever sleep. What was wrong with it. Bloody phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

cursai wrote: »
    do you ever sleep. What was wrong with it. Bloody phone.

Remove the "v="

Liamario wrote: »
    Remove the "v="

Saw Spiderman this evening. Absolute muck. Felt dirty and retarded after it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

e_e wrote: »
    Source?

Who gives a foock if it's true there was a standing ovation somewhere or not.:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Very good

That was very good. Prety sure it shows
    bane as a child
    at the very end there.

tumblr_m5vig6D2MB1qexqmio1_500.gif

alfredgrin.gif

batstarehehe.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 45,842 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Dungarvan cinema is getting a 4k projector in late July so if anyone holds off until the Tueday after batman comes out (24th?) you can see it in 4k.

The following is a bit of surprise, especially to those who think Nolan is predictable in his direction. Not so much a spoiler, as I said, it's more about Nolan's style of direction and what you've come to expect:
    Other quick things: The Bane>Batman beatdown that we all know is coming completely blew me away, more than I thought it would. There's no music backing this scene at all, which makes it all the more powerful.

That's an interesting method and you can see Nolan is trying to give us the gravitas of the situation with no possible distraction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

You know what struck me most about that featurette? In its entirety, I think I saw one green screen [at the bottom of that "well" thing].

12 days left.

Advertisement