Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Anyone can submit info to IMDb. It's worse than Wikipedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Just saw the Camo Tumbler and Bat Pod in Dundrum. Tumbler is a beast but lower than i expected. Tried to get on the bat pod but there were too many bástard kids around to get a looking in :pac:. Got a free comic though.

Saw a guy there in full riddler gear, that is commitment to the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

The Batpod and Tumbler in Dundrum at lunchtime were awesome! The tyres on the Tumbler are huuuge!

480475_4260501035450_324418209_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Yet another new trailer!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Batman with Caine's speech from The Prestige:

Works reasonabley well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Here's the Bat-Pod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Here's the Bat-Pod

When sitting on it, it's more like lying on your belly on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I stopped at the end because I though I was being smart in getting my bike and trying to cut them off where I overheard they were going to take the tumbler. Unfortunately they took it up onto a truck I had failed to notice after they turned it around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Saw the Batpod and Tumbler today. Deadly.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

BATMAN WOULD NEED a parachute to land safely in real life, say physicists

No ****. Wonder how many physicists that took. Slow news day eh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Saw the batpod and Tumler. Absolute beasts and the Tumbler is a monster. Iconic.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

I got to sit on the Bat-Pod... nerdgasmed all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I got to suit on the bat-luas, there was already something on the seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The Batpod looks so cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

any word on midnight showings.? or is the 1pm showing the earliest we will get here.? im in cork by the by.!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No midnight showings. 5am is the earliest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Strange time for first showing. Wonder if there is a legal reason here? Seems to be plenty of cinemas in the US showing at MK.

It's because Warners don't want us seeing it before the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

cheers for the answer even if it was the ball kick i didnt want to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

Anyone know anything regarding the Batman begins/Dark knight showing in cineworld, what kind of break between the two, cant see them being back to back thatd be more than 5 hours :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Ronanc1 wrote: »
    Anyone know anything regarding the Batman begins/Dark knight showing in cineworld, what kind of break between the two, cant see them being back to back thatd be more than 5 hours :eek:

Think it's a twenty minute break

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

krudler wrote: »
    I love that about Nolan that its practical effects unless impossible to do without cgi, given so many lazy techniques are used in movies its nice someone does things old school and uses real stunts, the prologue heist is astonishing.

Dark knight was full of greenscreen. Green screens everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

al28283 wrote: »

Yeah, there were a few dodgy looking scenes from TDKR trailer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

only part that really stands out for me is when the Joker is hanging upside down talking to Batman near the end, cant say many really obvious ones jumped out at me although its been a while since I last watched it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Whats this bat-luas people talking about?

aka the bat-pod?
    or ... is the luas decked out in a big dark knight rises ad? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

"You missed a spot"

*Whack* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I think this is definitely going to have a lot of those moments like the avengers; where you just smile like a kid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nothing wrong with green-screens - or any colour screen for that matter - if it was good enough for the scale-models of Star Wars, it's good enough for Batman. Here, it's all about context & use.

The point I think Krudler was making is that Nolan doesn't rely on the power of computers to as a lazy solution to classic directing problems, like shooting thousands of extras fighting on the streets of New York. He just ... well, shoots thousands of extras fighting in New York. Very old-school; Nolan seems to only add CGI to hide the wires as it were (literally, in the case of the new Bat-VTOL). David Fincher is another good example of a director who uses CGI in a subtle fashion.

Advertisement