Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

You probably will be, I went to a press screening before and they were scanning bags for camcorders etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

e_e wrote: »
    Heh looks like the Lighthouse screening sold out so they're selling tickets for screen 2 there now. :cool:

Was just looking at the screen sizes in Lighthouse there, I always thought they were much smaller than that. 277 people going for unallocated seats, damnit it's gonna be a seriously early start :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Blanch iSense is where I shall be experiencing this, horsing into popcorn no doubt.

I will be avoiding this thread until after this bat fella has risen.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

You guys think it will be completely prebooked for the Savoy on Friday the 20th? Or would you still get tickets if you went and bought some a few hours earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I'd be amazed if there are any left at this stage, pal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

I saw TDK the day of release in the Savoy and only got the tickets a few minutes before. So you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

Just booked 4 tickets there for Screen 1 in the Savoy, Friday 20:30...

Also wonder why they have two sites :confused::confused:

I used the omniplex.ie one, but both were showing available tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Can anyone tell me what the sound is like on the main screen at the UCI/Odeon in Coolock please? I went to see Spiderman there last week and found it to be pretty bad on one of the smaller ones, I fancy watching TDKR with some decent sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Can anyone tell me what the sound is like on the main screen at the UCI/Odeon in Coolock please? I went to see Spiderman there last week and found it to be pretty bad on one of the smaller ones, I fancy watching TDKR with some decent sound.

If its good sound your after, I've only heard great things about isense in the point village...closest thing to IMAX in the country too, screen is 3 stories high..that's where I'm going anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

e_e wrote: »
    I saw TDK the day of release in the Savoy and only got the tickets a few minutes before. So you never know.

Planning on getting mine on Friday for the 6am viewing at the Odeon (Coolock), can't see it being sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

O3ZCK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »
    Anyone know the score from the 3rd trailer?

Found it, not sure if Zimmer actually composes it though and it's not on the soundtrack on the empire site. Excellent piece anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Gave in booked my ticket for the 5am Lighthouse Cinema

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

listened to the whole soundtrack, overall its excellent, Zimmer uses a lot of stuff from other movies he's done, Catwomans theme sounds almost identical to a piece of music from Hannibal, and one action scene sounds like Hard Rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So Currently what's the best cinema in Dublin to see this in terms of Sound and Picture quality? Saw TDK in Vue Liffey Valley in Cinema 1 and found the picture soft and out of focus at times with lots of marks on the negative and this was the Saturday morning of the weekend release!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Vue is all digital now, as is pretty much everywhere, so you don't have to worry about marks on the print. Technically Vue is probably the best place to see it. They have largest screens in Ireland, all of them equipped with 4K projectors. Most digital cinemas are still 2K. iSense may have the advantage in terms of sound though.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

The soundtrack is fantastic. Hope it's nominated for an Oscar. Although listening to it, I can't help but hear certain songs sounding similar to other films scores i.e. Nothing Is Out There sounds an awful lot like the Scarface theme

Anyway

nbdkw3.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Saw this on Reddit this morning, Seems like a final viral marketing campaign for TDKR

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/weo8j/today_a_homeless_looking_man_handed_me_50_and/

Dear Reddit, I work in NYC, and was dragged into a very curious situation today. I was taking the 1 train from midtown to the financial district and as usual, the train was pretty packed. I bumped into a raggedy dressed man as we got on and he shot me a quick smile. I though nothing of it until he went to get off at 14th street and he handed me a $50 bill along with a note. Before I could even open my mouth to ask him a question, he was gone. Below you find pictures of both the front and back of the note.

Front: http://i.imgur.com/ZxcVR.jpg

Back: http://i.imgur.com/akhku.jpg

I've been looking at the note all day, and needless to say, I have no idea what it means. It's handwritten on a 3X3 square piece of paper with no identifying marks and no watermarks. There's a handdrawn grid and at a couple spots, the cells of the grid are combined. The note has random character written throughout it and the bottom quarter is filled with random shapes and numbers.
    Maybe I'm just reading way too far into things, and he was just another crazy New Yorker, but I figured it would be neat to see if anyone has run into this similar situation. Do any of you have any idea as to what the note says if anything?
    EDIT: Just got to my friend's house in Jersey, didn't expect this post to take off, but I've managed to read some of the comments and see that most of you are saying that the letters on the back are the cipher. That was the first thing I tried and it failed; others said that the 50 may have something to do with it, the only thing out of the ordinary that I saw on the bill was a number written along the back of the bill, but the "7" on the bill doesn't match the one on the note. I've taken pictures with my phone:

Front: http://i.imgur.com/9yZo5.jpg

Back: http://i.imgur.com/DtcOU.jpg

I'll be stepping out for the night, but I should be back on later tonight.
    Edit to Edit: There's also some shading on the front of the bill that may mean something

EDIT 2 As solved by SirSpam28:
    It comes out to: There's plenty more money to make figure this out and prepare to meet july 19 fifty sixth and sixth hot dog stand outside [intentional left blank] cafe ask for mister [intentionally left blank]
    Just got home and saw that the code was cracked, I want to say thank you to the reddit community for helping me figure this out. As for what I am going to do, my gut is telling me that I wont be putting myself in danger, but I will be taking precautions by letting my loved ones know where I am going. I will keep Reddit updated on anything that changes.

EDIT 3 After stumbling through the scores of PMs that I've gotten over the last few hours, one in particular stood out and made my mouth drop.

3rd Message down: http://i.imgur.com/6qvBL.png

The message claims to be from the ragged man himself. I would be inclined to believe it was someone trolling me, but the section that has a red box around it is my name how it appears on my bag... Along with the message came another cipher, but after trying the method that SirSpam used, it doesn't seem to follow. The message makes reference to the use of a proxy and how he wants to remain low profile. Below is the plain text of the message:

2220944379I am Mr. Input. expand allcollapse all

[–] from 2220944379 (_) sent 4 hours ago AKC. You may not believe me, but I will remind you of your personalized backpack [personal information redacted] You have recruited the help of friends, the offer is now on the table for them too. I cannot have strangers inquire about me, rather we will use a proxy. Here is the next step: DWY JLRR QUBPKSJ IL NDLM OQD OUCEQMW KGXI CSH RFRM XL WEZUXKJ. YME QLPRBAZ OQD TPVJG HPM UK CQJS H. PPVD BFSRST NJYT KR. BFPU EWP BMHY BTK WL VGB FXK R PXFE DTC GPBQL QWHKI JFA QRPE EJW EYC KLJ HCB JHGN.

I will still try and meet on the 19th as the original note said, but was wondering if this note may change anything/warn me, seeing as he has at least some of my information

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What makes you think it's any thing to do with TDKR?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

• Advertisement

flippin hell, please resize those!

That's mad.

Didn't they have some wild goose chase around New York before The Dark Knight? Also, if the whole thing was a plant (including the Redditor), there's no better place to start a viral campaign than Reddit. It is the front page of the internet after all ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

One of those Redditors pointed out that Gotham Skincare is on the same street. :D

Mellor wrote: »

The meetup is next Wednesday the 18th, The day the press releases are,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

The soundtrack is fantastic. Hope it's nominated for an Oscar. Although listening to it, I can't help but hear certain songs sounding similar to other films scores i.e. Nothing Is Out There sounds an awful lot like the Scarface theme

:pac:

Good to know, the joker theme from TDK also sounded very like a piece from Hannibal

allanb49 wrote: »
    The meetup is next Wednesday the 18th, The day the press releases are,

The meeting is on the 19th at 18:00, no?

The meeting is on the 19th at 18:00, no?

whoops 19th, early morning brain not firing on all cylinders, it's all speculation and could be something to do with the film could be some crazy guy

It is pretty cool either way though, will be following that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

A friend and I were speaking in relation of the movie and was saying that this was the end for Nolan/Bale would they have at the end of the movie like in some of the comics Bales Batman die or something and someone else take the mantle up to be the next batman. Doi not know if this has been discussed so sorry if it has

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Vue liffey valley screen 1 is technically the best cinema in Dublin to see it, for PQ & sound.

Advertisement