Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Absolutely, all of the tracks leave you with wanting more, which is the ultimate compliment to Zimmer I suppose.

There is a part of Mind If I Cut In? which is almost identical to a piece from Hannibal, its around when Pazzi is standing near a phonebox debating whether to call about knowing Hannibal's wherabouts iirc. Zimmer definitely has a sound thats in most of his scores, his collaboration with John Powel on Kung Fu Panda 2 is brilliant. youtube the track Zen Ball Master if you havent seen the movie, there's a rousing section in the middle of it that sounds like it should belong in a Bond movie, huge brass and drums excellent score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

Part of the problem with Zimmer and Horner is that they became popular temp track material. I strongly suspect they frequently come onto films where there's already a temp track in place consisting of their old scores and the director tells them "do it exactly like this". This is how they are able to do 5 scores a year because they aren't really writing any new music, they are just re-scoring old cues.

I dont think he personally composes everything his name is attached to

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Here's how Nolan co-ordinates his stunts:

sYexA.jpg

"pew pew!"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Nolan tore strips off a female reporter at a press conference a couple of days ago for asking a major spoiler question. I wish there was audio for this but he obviously ensured it was cut out.
    Christopher Nolan is annoyed.

The scene: a ballroom at the Beverly Hilton. The occasion: a press conference for the director's upcoming threequel "The Dark Knight Rises." The object of his annoyance: a slight female reporter holding a microphone. The situation: she's just asked a question that references a key reveal near the end of the film, and...Christopher Nolan is annoyed.

"Obviously, you can't ask that question in a press conference, you'll give away the ending of the film," he snaps, interrupting her in mid-sentence.

"Well, I'm assuming everyone here has seen it," she replies, caught suddenly and hopelessly in a downward spiral of public admonishment.

"Well, but who's the press conference for?" he answers back, a slight flush glazing the boyish smoothness of his cheeks. "Come on, I mean seriously."

She returns to her seat then, handing the accursed microphone back to the attendant who'd just awarded it to her, as if removing it from her grasp might somehow make her invisible again. I suppose that it did.

The point of his irritation removed, Nolan slips seamlessly back into the mask of composure that had been broken only slightly just seconds before, agreeing to answer the first, non-plot spoilery section of the shamed woman's two-part question

http://www.hitfix.com/news/dark-knight-rises-director-christopher-nolan-on-bane-grandiosity-and-secrets-revealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

krudler wrote: »
    I love how it uses themes from the previous two movies, every time the chant is worked into the score it makes it even more epic. "Fear Will Find You" is my favourite track.

Imagine the Fire is getting my vote at the mo! I can't wait to see how they tie in with the movie! I have all the images that I have no doubt are a mile off!

Imagine the Fire is getting my vote at the mo! I can't wait to see how they tie in with the movie! I have all the images that I have no doubt are a mile off!

ha yeah, ther version playing in my head is probably nowhere near whats actually going on onscreen. I'd love to know what piece is the score for the batwing/plane thingamagic chasing the camo tumbler from the trailer. Gothams Reckoning is definitely the prologue sequence cos you can hear where
    the plane tips on its front and the guys absail into it

I cant wait to see the prologue sequence on a big screen, it looked amazing even watching a cam version on youtube. A guy I know in the States saw it before Ghost Protocol in IMAX and said it was spectacular.

squeeeeee, 7 days!

Nolan tore strips off a female reporter at a press conference a couple of days ago for asking a major spoiler question. I wish there was audio for this but he obviously ensured it was cut out.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/dark-knight-rises-director-christopher-nolan-on-bane-grandiosity-and-secrets-revealed

fair play to him, idiot journalist.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

bullvine wrote: »
    Just love Begins, I guess at the time hadnt seen that much coverage of it and remember thinking the trailer was poor, went in with low expectation and was just blown away by it.

Yeah same as me. Then I went to see it 3 more times in the cinema :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think I may have to give in and go to one of these 5am screenings...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how much convincing do we need that anne hathaway's (and nolans) cat women is good?

I'm fairly confident at this stage that Nolan has avoided all the obvious pitfalls with Catwoman. What still concerns me is whether he's really captured her conflicted loyalties. I don't want her to become Batman's sidekick.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

fair play to him, idiot journalist.
    +1, it's great to see how much Nolan obviously cares about his film, and the experience that people will have watching it.

That almost reassures me enough to watch the trailers, but not quite :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

There is a part of Mind If I Cut In? which is almost identical to a piece from Hannibal, its around when Pazzi is standing near a phonebox debating whether to call about knowing Hannibal's wherabouts iirc. Zimmer definitely has a sound thats in most of his scores, his collaboration with John Powel on Kung Fu Panda 2 is brilliant. youtube the track Zen Ball Master if you havent seen the movie, there's a rousing section in the middle of it that sounds like it should belong in a Bond movie, huge brass and drums excellent score.

Krudler man, your starting to sound a little too much like patrick batemen talking about phil collins. Im scarred.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Krudler man, your starting to sound a little too much like patrick batemen talking about phil collins. Im scarred.

I do own a Whiteney Houston album, more than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

ha yeah, ther version playing in my head is probably nowhere near whats actually going on onscreen. I'd love to know what piece is the score for the batwing/plane thingamagic chasing the camo tumbler from the trailer. Gothams Reckoning is definitely the prologue sequence cos you can hear where
    the plane tips on its front and the guys absail into it

I cant wait to see the prologue sequence on a big screen, it looked amazing even watching a cam version on youtube. A guy I know in the States saw it before Ghost Protocol in IMAX and said it was spectacular.

squeeeeee, 7 days!

I avoided the prologue completely and tore my mates head off for even watching it in the same room as me on his laptop!

Next Wednesday can't come quick enough!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Lads, on a side note, drew this picture out and just seeing what you think? Kinda based around the joker/batman.

581981_474814572529316_2037854923_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I really like "The End", sounds like Vangelis.

Just listened to this, is it just me or is Bane's breathing heard throughout?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Lads, on a side note, drew this picture out and just seeing what you think? Kinda based around the joker/batman.

I was planning on sleeping tonight but I guess I could give it a miss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Reminds me of Critters crossed with Fraggle Rock. Maaan, you're in trouble if this thing comes for me in my dreams tonight.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Goldstein wrote: »
    Reminds me of Critters crossed with Fraggle Rock. Maaan, you're in trouble if this thing comes for me in my dreams tonight.:pac:

Ha I didn't think it was that scary, the original (before I applied the filter) is much darker.

EDIT: this is the original:

386732_343083119035796_916640251_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Looks a bit Scarecrowesque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Ha I didn't think it was that scary, the original (before I applied the filter) is much darker.

EDIT: this is the original:

386732_343083119035796_916640251_n.jpg

Jesus Christ that's terrifying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Really at odds with myself now.

It didnt take long to for me to get sick of the Rise chant in the trailers, and after listening to the soundtrack, im worried that its going to riun my enjoyment of the film..

Yet after bb and tdk i have so much faith in nolan..

As i say, at odds... worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Squ wrote: »

As i say, at odds... worried.

Going by the reviews so far...there's no need to be worried. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Going by the reviews so far...there's no need to be worried. ;)
    Here's hoping Bob. In Nolan we trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

sweet jesus christ what is it with the media trying to spoil the ending on this, im not gonna post the link unless ye want it but a well known us talk show presenter turns to anne hathaway while live on tv and asked her a certain question about the ending that caused her to squirm and do her best to not spoil the film,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

caspa307 wrote: »
    sweet jesus christ what is it with the media trying to spoil the ending on this, im not gonna post the link unless ye want it but a well known us talk show presenter turns to anne hathaway while live on tv and asked her a certain question about the ending that caused her to squirm and do her best to not spoil the film,

Cheers Caspa :)

And with that... ladies and gentlemen. See you in a few weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

what a sap (Letterman I mean) - can't escape the spoilers though, for the next week it's just youtube for me!

• Advertisement

It's my intention to keep this thread as spoiler-free as possible until the film is released, at which point we're probably going to lock this and start a new thread for post-release discussion. So until then I'd appreciate if people are extra careful if linking to early reviews and that kind of thing. Anything officially released is okay, as is speculation. But if it's something that Nolan wouldn't want you to know beforehand, then it should be considered off-limits in here.

Advertisement