Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It hasn't been too bad up until now but as others have said, by the time Wednesday hits I think it'll be time to unsubscribe from this thread.

Went into TDK knowing nothing and I plan on it being the same deal for TDKR! I really don't understand people who want to know every little detail before they see a film like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭ari gold24

Its great waiting for a film to be released when you just know its gonna live up to the hype!! Just cant see how it could possibly disappoint :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

ari gold24 wrote: »
    Its great waiting for a film to be released when you just know its gonna live up to the hype!! Just cant see how it could possibly disappoint :D

Don't jinx it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Interesting piece from the Guardian talking to the crew behind the camera: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/jul/14/dark-knight-rises-behind-the-scenes

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

If David Letterman has ruined this for me I'll be hugely pissed! I hope it was a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

If letterman has given it away, Warner will be after him like blood thirsty dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Letterman was just making the same assumption practically every other Internet site / general fan is making..

.. if the spoiler is true, it'll be a fluke!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Guys, I think it might be best to leave the Letterman discussion alone, before someone accidentally spoils something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Guys, I think it might be best to leave the Letterman discussion alone, before someone accidentally spoils something.

definetley i only mentioned it to warn people i never actually clicked into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Well I clicked on it and how I laughed, :D:D

Dave loves a good wind up, perfect timing and perfect opportunity!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Booked tickets to the double bill on Tuesday :D

I just hope that they won't just be projecting the DVDs or Blu-Ray :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ManUser

coming soon next week in my country

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

I am going to the Double bill.Do you think they would have tickets on the night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Thankfully I have avoided most if not all trailers and clips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

I just got a glimpse of some post about a Letterman spoiler. Probably nothing but I quickly scrolled down to the end of the page just in case. I'm banning myself from this thread and all other Dark Knight Rises related stuff until the 21st. See you on the other side. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

CL7 wrote: »
    I just got a glimpse of some post about a Letterman spoiler. Probably nothing but I quickly scrolled down to the end of the page just in case. I'm banning myself from this thread and all other Dark Knight Rises related stuff until the 21st. See you on the other side. :D

I won't spoil but what he says appears to be said as a joke, so perhaps shouldn't be taken seriously. But then he says that what he said DOESN'T happen, so either way he spoiled things. Idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what, the possibilty that everyone knows could happen since we've known this film was being made?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

what the possibilty that everyone knows could happen since we've known this film was being made?
    Come again?

I presume he means there's the potential than anyone who worked on the film, or ANYONE saw "an ending" being filmed knows how it will end.

.. I'd say multiple endings were filmed and / or it was filmed on a closed stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,883 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

no i mean there's one ending we all know might occur, that we all have always known. i just made you self spoil

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

can we stop talking about the endings? Thread is getting unreadable

i just made you self spoil
    What are you babbling about? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    gotcha!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Fishooks12 wrote: »

No different to the rest of the thread.

Unsubscribe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

558450_10150950860402887_1461139263_n.jpg

Loving the tee (and whats under it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

errr, I didnt realise the football field scene from the trailer was done practically instead of with cgi, saw a bit of a making of featurette showing it, gaaahhh so hard not to want to watch all this stuff as I love seeing how things are done. 5 days people, 5 days!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    errr, I didnt realise the football field scene from the trailer was done practically instead of with cgi, saw a bit of a making of featurette showing it, gaaahhh so hard not to want to watch all this stuff as I love seeing how things are done. 5 days people, 5 days!

What?!?! Where the ground falls away as he's running? Surely that was CG?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not entirely; if you watch the 13 minute featurette that sprung up a few days ago, you can see part of that scene being filmed & you can clearly make out a fake 'hole' the production crew built in the middle of the stadium. It does look like a CGI though to be fair - the compositing isn't the may-west.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Not entirely; if you watch the 13 minute featurette that sprung up a few days ago, you can see part of that scene being filmed & you can clearly make out a fake 'hole' the production crew built in the middle of the stadium. It does look like a CGI though to be fair - the compositing isn't the may-west.

Ah right, I'll be sure to give that a look after I've watched the film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Mickeroo wrote: »

Combination of practical and CGI, think in the latest Empire they talk about it, they had pits and stuff for the players to fall into and real explosions, so the full field is probably CGI.

Advertisement