Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Combination of practical and CGI, think in the latest Empire they talk about it, they had pits and stuff for the players to fall into and real explosions, so the full field is probably CGI.

Sounds right, I remember seeing leaked footage of explosions on the pitch alright (without players present obviously).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

You know, the more I think about it the more I'm questioning whether Bruce dies. Just watching that Journey trailer, it opens with Alfred telling Bruce that he seeks only one end to his journey, obviously referring to a fear that he feels Bruce is on a path to self destruction. But shouldn't this film be about Bruce 'rising', letting go of his pain and getting off the path of self destruction?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

You know, the more I think about it the more I'm questioning whether Bruce dies. Just watching that Journey trailer, it opens with Alfred telling Bruce that he seeks only one end to his journey, obviously referring to a fear that he feels Bruce is on a path to self destruction. But shouldn't this film be about Bruce 'rising', letting go of his pain and getting off the path of self destruction?

It'd be a bit strange for Bruce to, you know, just get over it

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What?!?! Where the ground falls away as he's running? Surely that was CG?!

the explosion itself is real, the pitch falling away is a mixture of both from what I could see, here's real on set footage:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

al28283 wrote: »

It's just a phase he's going through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah the whole 'rise' aspect of the movie isnt really clear, will find out soon enough..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Does anyone know if Barry O Hanlon will be in this ?

MJ23 wrote: »
    :confused:

al28283 wrote: »

Not really, I think it's fair to say that this film is going to involve Bruce having a moment of self realisation. Bale even alluded to the situation in an interview recently when he posed the question of for how long is this guy going to let pain dominate his life?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

He's playing Bane, sure

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He's in BB:

One of the lads from Apres match pops up as a cop in it at some point too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Well having watched rewatched Batman Begins yesterday and The Dark Knight today, I have to say Batman Begins is my favourite of the two, probably because there seems to be to much going on in TDK and the film focuses more on the Joker then Batman/Bruce Wyane, Harvey Dent/Two Face seemed to be created and destroyed pretty quickly, also I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was miscast as Rachel Dawes. Anyway have great faith in Nolan that the final film will be fantastic finale to his Batman Trilogy!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He's in BB:

One of the lads from Apres match pops up as a cop in it at some point too.

The judge in BB was the pilot in that father ted episode

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah I spotted that when I watched it last week :D Seems to be a lot of Irish actors in it. A good portion of it was filmed in the UK wasn't it? might have something to do with it.

Well having watched rewatched Batman Begins yesterday and The Dark Knight today, I have to say Batman Begins is my favourite of the two, probably because there seems to be to much going on in TDK and the film focuses more on the Joker then Batman/Bruce Wyane, Harvey Dent/Two Face seemed to be created and destroyed pretty quickly, also I thought Maggie Gyllenhaal was miscast as Rachel Dawes. Anyway have great faith in Nolan that the final film will be fantastic finale to his Batman Trilogy!

Watched both films last weekend and having not watched Batman Begins in years I was surprised to find that I actually prefer it overall to TDK.

I think it's just a tighter and more fluid story. The editing is also far superior to TDK. I still enjoy the TDK but watching it straight after BB it felt like it was in a constant rush to squeeze everything into the alloted time and as alluded the editing was grating at times.

Regarding Dent in TDK I think it was handled quite well since Nolan showed his darker side after the attempt on the Mayor's life.

I hope TDKR has a pace more akin to BB or at least doesn't feel like it's hurtling out of control switching and chopping between edits like a maniac. I'm also hopeful there is nothing resembling the, frankly, ludicrous sonar tech used in TDK.

Can't wait for all to be revealed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭2ygb4cmqetsjhx

Just bought my Tickets to watch all 3 Batman movies back to back on the 24th of July. ****ing cannot wait. I loved the The Dark Knight. Ive not seen Batman begins. Starting at 18:45. Wonder what time it will be done at.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Forget about him, hopefully Gotham City shows back up in this one.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Just bought my Tickets to watch all 3 Batman movies back to back on the 24th of July. ****ing cannot wait. I loved the The Dark Knight. Ive not seen Batman begins. Starting at 18:45. Wonder what time it will be done at.

How in the name of God have you not seen Batman Begins???!!:eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

For anyone interested in doing an all-nighter, you can see all three films back-to-back in Vue. A BB/TDK double-bill starting at 11pm on Thursday and finishing at 4.50am, just in time for the 5am showing of TDKR.

My viewing is 6am, wonder if they'll be selling popcorn at that time. :P

• Advertisement

My viewing is 6am, wonder if they'll be selling popcorn at that time. :P

No way I'll be buying their extortionately priced grub, gonna smuggle my own supply in ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ChtuluDawn

Ive not seen it either and only saw TDK a couple months ago.Meh.

ChtuluDawn wrote: »
    Ive not seen it either and only saw TDK a couple months ago.Meh.

Get out of here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Kamjana

I havent seen it either,and i havent seen a whole lot of the dak knight either :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Kamjana wrote: »
    I havent seen it either,and i havent seen a whole lot of the dak knight either :eek:

You can leave too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm still trying to think of my favoruite scene from the dark knight(the first) Think it was
    If not the bit where Harvey's in the police truck, and the joker attacks, the bit with the boat, and Batman's assault on the building where the joker is with the clowns and hostages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

For anyone interested in doing an all-nighter, you can see all three films back-to-back in Vue. A BB/TDK double-bill starting at 11pm on Thursday and finishing at 4.50am, just in time for the 5am showing of TDKR.

Yeah was half thinking about that then I was thinking that you would be fairly wrecked by 5am and I'd say you'd want to be fully awake heading into TDKR at 5. Anyway decided to book the comfy seats for the 5am showing so no one better be in my seat when I get into screen 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Yeah was half thinking about that then I was thinking that you would be fairly wrecked by 5am and I'd say you'd want to be fully awake heading into TDKR at 5. Anyway decided to book the comfy seats for the 5am showing so no one better be in my seat when I get into screen 1!

Which vue?

Does it come in black ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Just booked for 11.15pm on Friday night. Anticipation is too much!

Advertisement