Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Every 5AM screening in the lighthouse in now sold out! I'm mad jealous of anyone who is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Browsed quickly through Chris Tookey's hilarious review this morning on the Daily Mail website...

.. gave it a 2/5 and said that while it was better than The Dark Knight, it's not a patch on Batman Begins (which he 8/10).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

e_e wrote: »
    Every 5AM screening in the lighthouse in now sold out! I'm mad jealous of anyone who is going.

616 people, should be some buzz :)

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

If there's anyone here who uses NeoGAF, I'd stay away until you've seen the movie. There seems to be some sort of planned spoiling of the movie on there. Some guy harvested a few accounts and will likely keep posting the ending up until release.

Just a heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Cant wait until Friday. Here in Cavan there are 4 showings on Friday with the earliest being 10am. I think I will hold out until the 5.15 pm showing though. Will just have to avoid the internet for that day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

I'm out of this thread after the premiere in Dublin tonight. No chance I'm having it even slightly spoiled.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The press screening is, as far as I'm aware, currently underway and the premiere is this evening. Both those who have seen it and those who haven't should probably proceed with caution from this point onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Going to head to the half 1 screening in screen 1 dun laoghaire imc cinema. Can't wait should be great. Although I haven't booked my tickets but I've went to many opening day movies such as the avengers and had no problems buying my tickets on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

The press screening is, as far as I'm aware, currently underway and the premiere is this evening. Both those who have seen it and those who haven't should probably proceed with caution from this point onwards.

Good point...and on that note, I'll check back on the 21st! To those going on Friday (whatever time) enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

I've installed Simple Profanity Filter in Chrome, and typed in a list of all the Batman universe characters nad places I could think of. Just to be sure. At the worst all I'll see is ***** killed **** and ***** went to ******...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I've installed Simple Profanity Filter in Chrome, and typed in a list of all the Batman universe characters nad places I could think of. Just to be sure. At the worst all I'll see is ***** killed **** and ***** went to ******...

Yeah but then you'll start counting the asterisks and working it out, soon you'll have Catwoman killing Batman and having a menage a trois with Bane and Robin.

Safest way is to turn off all electrical equipment until after you've seen the film.

No electrical device is safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

The only solution is to pour diesel over your computer and light that bad boy on fire. Can't be too careful these days. I did it last night and haven't seen a spoiler since. Posting from my phone now but I'm about to take a sledgehammer to it in a few minutes so enjoy the movie folks. Talk to ye when I can afford a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

My Expectations are beginning to be put in check by what I'm hearing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hearing from where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

My Expectations are beginning to be put in check by what I'm hearing.

Have to agree, a bit worried by a few of the reviews. Several have said Bane is boring and lacks charisma. A couple reviews said there isn't enough batman, that worries me. Not so worried by the "murky" plot. The reviewers could be just a bit slow to follow it. Probably a good thing my expectations have been lowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Oh here. Good luck to yis! I'm definitely out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Just saw it and it's truly spectacular and very, very satisfying. Not as good as TDK but it pushes it very close.

Unfortunately I'm going to Germany in the morning and won't get a chance to see the movie until tuesday, haha I've some hope of remaining spoiler-free! To everyone who is really looking forward to this movie, I hope it lives up to your expectations and beyond. I know it will live up to mine. We really were blessed, those of us that like these batflicks, to have such a cast and crew working on them. The haters will have their Schumacher-like reboot with a 204 year old Bruce Wayne trying to renew his bus pass once Warners announce a reboot in the next year or so. To the rest of us, this really is the end of an era that began about 10 years ago with the announcement of BB. I really love these movies, flaws and all, enjoy TDKR people and see you on the other side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I'm out!! After seeing BB & TDK in the cinema last night, i'm far too excited for friday

Just saw it and it's truly spectacular and very, very satisfying. Not as good as TDK but it pushes it very close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 indianalien

Just saw the movie myself. Epic epic epic epic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

bane5.jpg

Tom Hardy on set

bane-tom-hardy-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

Now check out the fake muscles in this pic. Either this is a 'Wrath of Khan' prosthetic job, where the seams are (conveniently) covered by wrist and shoulder pads (look at the fake looking wrinkles at the left shoulder), or its Hardy's head super-imposed onto someone elses body. His arms have shrunk by 100% and gained significant fat. Those are not Hardy's delts.

Isn't Bane supposed to dwarf Batman?

Border-Rat wrote: »
    bane5.jpg

Tom Hardy on set

bane-tom-hardy-the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

Now check out the fake muscles in this pic. Either this is a 'Wrath of Khan' prosthetic job, where the seams are (conveniently) covered by wrist and shoulder pads (look at the fake looking wrinkles at the left shoulder), or its Hardy's head super-imposed onto someone elses body. His arms have shrunk by 100% and gained significant fat. Those are not Hardy's delts.

He's completely topless in one of his earlier scenes and I can assure that there's no fake muscles, the guy's massive! I'd say that the promotional image was heavily photoshopped

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Frogo

Frogo wrote: »
    Anyone know which screen the 21.00 showing in Cineworld on Friday is? Booked my ticket for that showing but can't find out if it's Screen 17 or not.
    redmond08 wrote: »
    Cineworld are showing the 9.10 and 12.50 in screen 17, rang them there 10 mins ago. I pre booked my tickets over a month ago and 12.50 was the earlyest time that you could pre book. So thank god its in screen 17 :)

Had to skip the last few posts in case of spoilers. Anyway, just checked, the 21.00 showing on Friday in Cineworld is on in screen 9. Good thing I got tickets for the Savoy as well as a precaution...

Two tickets going for Cineworld screen 9 for obvious reasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

its not fake mucles :P Looks like he went off the steroids. Many an actor has taken 'roids for a part. When you go off them its like a ballon deflating.

Note, the acne on hardys back ... a common side effect for being on them. Cleverly nick-named "back-ne" :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Border-Rat

He's completely topless in one of his earlier scenes and I can assure that there's no fake muscles, the guy's massive! I'd say that the promotional image was heavily photoshopped

baned.jpg

He's hardly completely massive there. Hardy was big in Warrior (Mostly traps) and then signed on for Mad Max IV. He said he wanted Max to be feral and half starved, losing his size. Mad Max was postponed and at the last minute and Nolan called Hardy. Hardy wasn't able to regain his size in that period of time. He looks really small.

Bale is 2 inches taller and built better yet has lower body fat.

baned.jpg

He's hardly completely massive there. Hardy was big in Warrior (Mostly traps) and then signed on for Mad Max IV. He said he wanted Max to be feral and half starved, losing his size. Mad Max was postponed and at the last minute and Nolan called Hardy. Hardy wasn't able to regain his size in that period of time. He looks really small.

Bale is 2 inches taller and built better yet has lower body fat.

He's hidden behind the jacket for much of his scenes but I would be very surprised if there was CGI trickery or anything else behind his topless scene. See for yourself this weekend - I don't think there's any promotional shots of it and I don't want to give the setting away as a spoiler just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Just back myself. Anyone who says that this film is anything short of fantastic is talking out of their arse.

It's a serious emotional roller coaster.

Enjoy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The film shot for 6 months, so I'd imagine Hardy's size fluctuated quite a bit.

Oh and Ricardo Montalban's chest in Wrath of Khan is real, not prosthetic. This has been confirmed many times by numerous people involved in the production.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Whatever about Hardys actual size, in the film he is huge, whatever way they do it.

Advertisement