Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Phony Scott

Ok sorry.

Batman 3 ??? More like Batman 6 or 7 no ?

This is what happens when you **** a stranger in the ass! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Hang on. I re-read that again. You've got Batman listed three times and Batman and Robin listed twice :confused: I'm confused now. Is it:

Batman (1966)
    Batman and Robin
    Batman (1989)
    Just trying to be clear about this but shouldn't the fourth one read Batman: Mask of The Phantasm (?)
    Then the rest are fine except mentioning Batman and Robin again, unless there are two different films of this?
    It's all getting rather out of hand :P

Batman (1943)
    Batman and Robin (1949)
    Batman (1966)
    Batman (1989)
    Mask of The Phantasm (1993)
    Batman Returns (1992)
    Batman Forever (1995)
    Batman and Robin (1997)
    Batman Begins (2005)
    The Dark Knight (2008)
    The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Batman (1943)
    Batman and Robin (1949)

But those were serials rather than features. I'm being pedantic, I know, but just saying.

I wasn't too fond of 'The Dark Knight' compared to 'Batman Begins,' so I hope 'The Dark Knight Rises' is a little bit more like the first film, though no-doubt it will be completely different as the other two were different to each other in tone and look etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stormwarning

the next batman should be 18s with tons of blood and violence then i'll be happy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Huh ?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Huh ?:confused:
    It's a reference to this:

I assume because there has been a similar over-reaction to your post.

I assume because there has been a similar over-reaction to your post.
    Hit the nail on the head Sad Professor. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Rumour:
    Ever since the news broke that Tom Hardy had been cast in The Dark Knight Rises people have wondered what role he would play. Fans across the internet have come up with a lot of ideas, from a Gotham cop, to the main villain. The following information is a rumor, and should be treated as such.

I’ve heard that Tom Hardy is in fact going to play the villain. My source strongly believes that Hardy is going to be playing Hugo Strange. This is the first bit of information from this person that I’m publishing, however they have been accurate in the past. For example, this person told me weeks before the recent Christoper Nolan interview that The Riddler would not be appearing in the film. They also mentioned that Rachel Weisz and Anne Hathaway were in the running for the lead female role a couple of weeks before Deadline posted their list. Given their track record so far, I wanted to post this Hardy news that I received via email. Again, this should just be taken as rumor. I’m posting this for the sake of discussion since we’ve hit a dry spell with The Dark Knight Rises news. What do you guys think? Would you like to see Hugo Strange as the villain?

http://batman-news.com/

This guy's source is apparently 2/2 on previous bits of information given to him.

I do have reservations about the possibility of Strange, but upon reading up on the Prey comic on wiki, it could be brilliant. Either way though, it'd still be Nolan's biggest challenge to date with this franchise to make Strange work in live action.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

From Wiki:
    It is possible that the events of Doug Moench and Paul Gulacy's "Prey" story arc take place at this point. Partly due to Hugo Strange's appearance on TV as a psychological expert, Captain Gordon is ordered to put together a Task Force to capture Batman, with Strange working as a consultant to try to discover Batman's identity. As the investigation continues, however, Strange grows increasingly monomaniacal in his obsession with Batman. His greatest desire is to become Batman. To that end, he has attempts to kill the Caped Crusader, and then take his place. Strange eventually concludes that Bruce Wayne is most likely Batman, brainwashes the head of the police Task Force into becoming a lethal vigilante to turn public sentiment against Batman, and kidnaps the mayor's daughter. He is ultimately caught, shot twice and dumped into a river; it was then assumed he had died.

Could work given what they did with The Joker. Just as long as Hardy gets a meaty role I know he'll deliver.

There's also a bit where
    Strange repeatedly breaks into Wayne Manor where he leaves mannequins of Bruce's dead parents with audio tapes.
    That would be really fcuked up, I'd love to see it though! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Is the Riddler the villain in the next film and does anyone know whos playing the character yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is the Riddler the villain in the next film and does anyone know whos playing the character yet?

The Riddler is not the villain in the next film. Nolan confirmed it himself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Hugo Strange would be a very brave choice...but quite a brilliant one! It'd be a great opportunity to introduce him to fans of the films.

He'll also be in

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

The Riddler is not the villain in the next film. Nolan confirmed it himself

Any idea who is yet? is there any of the same characters returning besides the obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

no confirmations yet

but if the hugo strange rumour proves true

Can I just take a moment to say *CALLED IT!*

from back in 2008!
    Playing up Batman's new status as vigilante then bring in Hugo Stange as a possible villian: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Strange Mostly based off his post crisis design as a psychologist

Hugo Strange would play things from a legal angle as he is brought into the story to support the police in chasing batman down and maybe have him conflict with Gordon and Bruce Wayne more so then with the Batman persona.

Leaving it open for a counter villian for Batman to tie the other end of the film.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56696931&postcount=205

Now just bring in black mask and I'll be a happy bunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I say that if Hugo Strange is in it, everyone should refuse to accept that BlitzKrieg called it. Who's with me? :P

Pfft, I've been calling Hardy for Black Mask even before he was (to my amazement) cast, beat that. :p

Pffffffftttt!! I knew Tom Hardy was going to be cast in this movie all the way back in 1985, everyone laughed at me for 2 reasons:
    1. They didn't know who he was
    2. I was only a baby so chances are nobody understood me and just found my gurgling sounds adorable.............or horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

humanji wrote: »
    I say that if Hugo Strange is in it, everyone should refuse to accept that BlitzKrieg called it. Who's with me? :P

if it ends up with both hugo strange and black mask I think we'd have to form a new religion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Barneslow

This makes me happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,483 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2010/11/30/christopher-nolan-batman-inception/

Looks like this film will be Bale and Nolan's last chapter in the Batman saga

Aye I think that was always going to be the situation, if it matches even BB I think it will go down as one of the finest trilogies ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Rumoured that left over footage of Ledger as Joker may be used.

Link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/687698/the_dark_knight_rises_no_heath_ledger_footage_nolan_confirms_tom_hardy.html

Nolan has already shot down the Ledger/CGI trickery rumour. Even if he wanted to I don't know where he would get the footage from. I only know of one Joker scene that didn't make TDK's final cut and it was very minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Rumoured that left over footage of Ledger as Joker may be used.

Link

Could be done ala cillian Murphy as The Scarecrow in TDK. If they had a scene shot with Heath (Joker) in Prison or Arkham, it could be put into the new movie as a cameo. Would be cool.

It would be cool if Arkham Asylum was in the movie and as they panned around the cells, there could just be a shadow in the form of the Joker in one of the cells.

It would be cool if Arkham Asylum was in the movie and as they panned around the cells, there could just be a shadow in the form of the Joker in one of the cells.

Yea, it would be nice if there was some sort of visual nod to The Joker. As hard as it would be to include him in any small form I'd find it a bigger shame if he was completely forgotten about in the next film. The Joker always makes his presence known in one form or another.

Either way, though, it's not going to make a big impact for me on the movie anyways. I just want a fitting end to the trilogy.

AICN reporting on the Strange rumour now:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47661

It does sound like a potentially fantastic storyline. I still have reservations though, I think they might have to tweak the look of Strange slightly. Plus, I find it awfully cheesey that a villain who is known for being an obsessive weirdo coincidently has the surname Strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Looking forward to it. Am not sure how they will continue on from the end of Dark Night, but if its Nolan directing then no doubt it be be a great movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    AICN reporting on the Strange rumour now:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47661

It does sound like a potentially fantastic storyline. I still have reservations though, I think they might have to tweak the look of Strange slightly. Plus, I find it awfully cheesey that a villain who is known for being an obsessive weirdo coincidently has the surname Strange.

I'm tempted to read but I'm going to resist reading, as much as possible, about the story of the film. I tend to enjoy films more knowing as little as possible. :)

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm tempted to read but I'm going to resist reading, as much as possible, about the story of the film. I tend to enjoy films more knowing as little as possible. :)

True sir, I haven't read the GN that it's supposedly based on but apparently it's being snapped up on e-bay at quite extortionate prices. I'll wait for some confirmation, but if the rumours end up being accurate I'll probably end up buying the GN.

Advertisement