Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mrsscott

Oh I CANT WAIT to see Tom Hardy play Hugo Strange in Batman.....

Him and Bale are two great actors so should be good.

Came across this while doing a google image search for Hugo Strange - looks cool!

BatmanPREYPosterTomHardyasHugoStrangeByEditNinja.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jack Of Blades

I can't believe some people wouldn't like if Johnny Depp played The Riddler!!
    I seriously think he's the only one that can ACTUALLY pull it off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I rather not have the riddler in this film personnally, so who plays him is irrelevent in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I can't believe some people wouldn't like if Johnny Depp played The Riddler!!
    I seriously think he's the only one that can ACTUALLY pull it off

he would play captain jack riddler......too one dimentional now.....definately don't want to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Giggernaut

Nolan has made the right decision to stay away from the riddler and also the penguin from what I've read about Hugo Strange his character is much more in keeping with Nolans vision of Batman.

Oh god could you imagine Depp as riddler; as said perviously it really would be like Captain jack Riddler :rolleyes: plus I really like Tom Hardy.

The dynamic between characters (Strange and Batman) and actors (Hardy and Bale) should make for awesome viewing.

Who needs 3D? their on screen intensity should slap seven shades of sh*t out of you :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Surely the only person who could play The Riddler in this would be Sean Lock?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Why do we have to wait til 2012 for this? That's poxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mrsscott

Giggernaut wrote: »
    Nolan has made the right decision to stay away from the riddler and also the penguin from what I've read about Hugo Strange his character is much more in keeping with Nolans vision of Batman.

Oh god could you imagine Depp as riddler; as said perviously it really would be like Captain jack Riddler :rolleyes: plus I really like Tom Hardy.

The dynamic between characters (Strange and Batman) and actors (Hardy and Bale) should make for awesome viewing.

Who needs 3D? their on screen intensity should slap seven shades of sh*t out of you
    :P

here's hoping this will be the case - oh i really cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Why do we have to wait til 2012 for this? That's poxy.

Well, since 2008 Chris Nolan has been busy writing, directing & promoting a little movie called Inception...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

amacachi wrote: »
    Surely the only person who could play The Riddler in this would be Sean Lock?

Chris Nolan has confirmed there is no Riddler in TDKR.

I can't wait for this movie! I absolutely love what Nolan has done with the previous 2.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Well, since 2008 Chris Nolan has been busy writing, directing & promoting a little movie called Inception...

ah i know but still

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Assuming the Strange rumours are true, it will be interesting to see how Nolan chooses to depict him. While the psychological aspect of his character is very appealing, he's a bit uninspired visually, at least compared to the Joker and Two-Face. Then again, Nolan is a Bond fan, so maybe he'll embrace Strange's bald super-villain thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

For anyone unfamiliar with Hugo Strange, here's a pretty cool trailer for the upcoming Arkham Asylum game that features him. After watching this I definitely think he has the potential to be the main villain in Nolan's film.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

aaah that game is going to be savage!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

For anyone unfamiliar with Hugo Strange, here's a pretty cool trailer for the upcoming Arkham Asylum game that features him. After watching this I definitely think he has the potential to be the main villain in Nolan's film.

Hugely impressive trailer, i had trouble knowing if it was CGI or shot real, testament to the quality of the CGI :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

A thought occurred to me the other night new Batmobile and completed Batcave do you guys think? Most likely if it's the last film!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

BopNiblets wrote: »
    A thought occurred to me the other night new Batmobile and completed Batcave do you guys think? Most likely if it's the last film!

Hopefully. Since he upgraded his suit in TDK I can only hope that he'll upgrade to a slicker looking but more efficient Batmobile than the Tumbler. I mean there's no excuse really since the Tumbler has been totalled.

As for the Batcave, one can only hope. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

We probably won't see the dinosaur and giant coin in it though... or maybe Nolan will put them in. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Awww I absolutely love the tumbler!
    The sound off it makes me a little giddy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I hope he gets a real vehicle, I wasn't overly found of the Batpod. They made it look like he was travelling faster then he actually was and probably the most daftest piece in the film was when he ran it up the wall to turn it around after he toppled The Joker in the truck. I thought it looked really silly.

They were supposed to destroy the Tumbler in Batman Begins but they loved the machine too much to wipe it out that they kept it for TDK.

I'd say that being this is the last Batman film lots of references will be made (Batcave, Batmobile, etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I'd say that being this is the last Batman film lots of references will be made (Batcave, Batmobile, etc)

Bat Shark Repellent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭nosco

Duggy747 wrote: »
    I hope he gets a real vehicle, I wasn't overly found of the Batpod. They made it look like he was travelling faster then he actually was and probably the most daftest piece in the film was when he ran it up the wall to turn it around after he toppled The Joker in the truck. I thought it looked really silly.

I completely agree. Most disappointing part of the movie for me. I actually thought that he looked like he was moving incredibly slowly on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Assuming the Strange rumours are true, it will be interesting to see how Nolan chooses to depict him. While the psychological aspect of his character is very appealing, he's a bit uninspired visually, at least compared to the Joker and Two-Face. Then again, Nolan is a Bond fan, so maybe he'll embrace Strange's bald super-villain thing.
    Well, I'd guess that there's going to be another villain in there too. That's why I was thinking that the later versions of The Riddler, where he's a genius detective instead of a villain, would have fit in. So there's most likely going to be someone who will the the brawn to Stange's brains.

That said, it's still no official that Strange is in it, and Nolan could be lying about the Riddler.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

humanji wrote: »
    and Nolan could be lying about the Riddler.

It doesn't surprise me that you're a mod in the Conspiracy Forum with a post like that ;) Nolan hasn't "lied" before, I don't think he'd start now to throw people off for a month or 2 before we start finding out what the plot and characters of the movie are!

I think we need to make one thing clear, this will not be the last Batman film. It may be the last one that Nolan works on but it most certainly will not be the last one that the studio makes this decade. The film industry is about making money, nothing more, nothing less and with that in mind the studio is going to do their damnest to get another Batman film in theaters within 4 years of number 3.

I also think that Nolan will be back, he'll spend sometime telling them no but the studio is going to dangle an offer too good to pass up before him and bam, the next day headlines Nolan returns to Batman Franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

so after reading the script people are now stating that there is 4 villans. they are
    hugo strange the main villan, black mask who takes over the mob in gotham city. taila al ghul looking for revange and killer croc as the meathead henceman.
    your thoughts ?

ricero wrote: »
    so after reading the script people are now stating that there is 4 villans. they are
    hugo strange the main villan, black mask who takes over the mob in gotham city. taila al ghul looking for revange and killer croc as the meathead henceman.
    your thoughts ?
    It's too busy and rushed for me. I think at least two of those characters would be getting short changed dramatically. Black Mask is a lot more than just another Maroni/Falcone. Plus, if they wanted to go down the Talia revenge route, it really requires something else to be cut out, such as Killer Croc's supposed role. Then on top of that he also says that Harvey Bullock and Sarah Essen are in it. It's just too much for a 2 and a half hour movie.

why do people want to read the "script" before the film is made? I don't understand. Take the film as a whole when it is finished.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    why do people want to read the "script" before the film is made? I don't understand. Take the film as a whole when it is finished.

Yeah never understood that myself, I do actively seek out info in regards to possible villains but that's as far as my spoiler seeking goes.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Yeah never understood that myself, I do actively seek out info in regards to possible villains but that's as far as my spoiler seeking goes.

I find it funny though that people will criticize this story and get genuinely angry about it even though nothing has been confirmed... crazy stuff.

I can tell you off the bat (:pac:) I don't care which villians are in it. I had no idea who the baddies we're in the first one and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Advertisement