Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Do Daily Blam have a history of trustworthy reporting? Because the plot synopsis they posted sounds like crap and not something WB would be bothered enough to get taken down even if it was true.

I read elsewhere that they were pretty reliable when it came to reporting on the Green Lantern film. But yeah, the alleged plot does sound pretty uninspiring to me too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well, the Daily Blam story has disappeared from their website. From what I can see, someone copy and pasted the plot synopsis from last week's "leaked" script from another site and sent it to them. I don't know what the studio-told-us-take-it-down message was about. Maybe someone sent them a fake message about that as well. Idiots.

I doubt WB told them to take it down, it sounds like a ploy to add more legitimacy to their "scoop". If WB really get involved, the whole page would have been deleted. And I can't see why WB would weigh in like that when basically every villain has been rumoured at one time or another. They wouldn't have been the first site to claim Black Mask/Deadshot are in it either and WB never harassed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/anne-hathaway-wins-selina-kyle-role-in-the-dark-knight-rises/
    Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.
    Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”
    In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Hathaway? Really??

FFS...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

Finally :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm speechless. I really wasn't expecting those two villains. Or that Hathaway would be cast. But at least we know now.

Hathaway? Really??

FFS...
    This sounds familiar :)

Bale? Really? FFS.

Ledger? Really? FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

I'm not enthused by the character choices. Nolan is gonna have to pull this alternative interpretation out of the hat. Again.

I can definitely see why he chose Bane. How well this works out really depends on how Nolan depicts him. It will be a difficult character to get right on-screen. But Nolan did a great job with the Joker, so I have faith that he knows what he's doing.

I would have much preferred Talia over Catwoman. I thought Burton's take on Catwoman was (cat-bite induced resurrections aside) pretty damn good. I'm not sure what Nolan can add to it, except tone it down and go back to the comics. However, there's a duality between Catwoman and Batman that is undoubtedly appealing and probably the reason Nolan picked her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Detour

I would have much preferred Talia over Catwoman. I thought Burton's take on Catwoman was (cat-bite induced resurrections aside) pretty damn good. I'm not sure what Nolan can add to it, except tone it down and go back to the comics. However, there's a duality between Catwoman and Batman that is undoubtedly appealing and probably the reason Nolan picked her.

I agree, but i felt the same about the Joker - how could Jack Nicholson's version be bested, but Heath Ledger did just that.

Both Nolan's Batman movies have been great, so I'm pretty confident this will be too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

I'm very wary of the choices here for both villains and actors. I mean catwomen, seriously? Doesn't look like I will be hyped up for this one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

How will this version of Bane ever be bested? :D:D

BaneJS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

This thread has no place for that abomination :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Bane sweet,cat woman not so sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

how can they make bane human ? strange choice

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hathaway... meh!

Hardy.. superb!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wasn't expecting that anyways. I would've preferred a different character to Catwoman, Burton's Catwoman was great.

I'm delighted for Hardy, though. He'll be chewing up the scenery as Bane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

While I tend to dislike the film she's actually in, I do think Hathaway is a decent actress. With a good director by her side (disclaimer: I do not think Ang Lee or Ed Zwick are particularly special directors!) she could certainly be a good choice.

Hardy was more or less a definite. But Bane is a curious choice of villain. I can see Catwoman fitting in with Nolan's world, but Bane is a bit more... well, cartoonish I guess.

But hey, colour me curious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Doesn't Bane break Batman's back in the comics? Hell of a way to end the trilogy of films...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Doesn't Bane break Batman's back in the comics? He'll of a way to end the trilogy of films...
    Should have got the lighting guy in from Terminator Salvation. I'm sure he'd volunteer to break Christian Bale's back, among other things.

Jaysus. I'm speechless too, and here was me so sure that the fanboys who thought Hardy would be playing Bane were deluded. :o :pac: Uh, I don't know what to think of it all really, I know that Bane is a much more formidable foe for Batman mentally speaking than what Batman & Robin gave him credit for but still, bit of a mad choice. But, y'know, Nolan has earned our trust at this stage, so I'm really excited about the Bane he's going to bring to the table.

As for Hathaway, she's a decent actress alright, can be slightly irritating to watch occasionally though.

Wow, two characters I never thought Nolan would touch with a bargepole, crazy! :D

Hardy is several inches shorter than Bale. I wonder if Nolan will use some camera and/or special effect trickery to make him appear bigger. Isn't Bane 7 feet tall in the comics?

Hardy is several inches shorter than Bale. I wonder if Nolan will use some camera and/or special effect trickery to make him appear bigger. Isn't Bane 7 feet tall in the comics?

I'm not sure, one thing's for sure though, Hardy does have a physically imposing presence on screen. I'm sure they'll get round it.

Heh, SuperHeroHype has crashed. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Looks like we're going Knightfall with this film.
    I think Banes a great choice for Nolans universe considering his biggest asset was never his strength, it was his pure intelligence in systematically figuring out and complete destruction of bruce wayne/batman without ever even laying a hand on him.
    Of course once the original Knightfall saga was out of the way he did get classed as a pure mindless brawler a bit, especially in other media

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,442 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The man will pull it off, no question.

Can't see Bane breaking Batman's back, unless they do it really early in the film and Bale spends most of the film out of the suit. That being said, it would give Bale an opportunity to really sink his teeth into the role which he hasn't really got the opportunity to do thus far. He actually kind of hinted at that in his GG acceptance speech too.

But again, have to say it'll be highly unlikely. I just see Bats taking a few severe beatings before he rises in the end. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

IMDB tweeted Hathway as Catwoman and shows it on the site

Seriously?

Catwoman, ugh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Have you SEEN the size of hardy in Bronson?! He could easily play bane!

• Advertisement

Somehow I suspect Bane might get a Ra's Al Ghul style reinvention for the movie. I'm not sure I see the comic book version of him working too well in this setting.

Advertisement