Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Who she really is could be revealed to the audience very early in the film, so it wouldn't be the same plot device. Talia would have been born before Liam Neeson's character became Ra's, so it's not like her real name would have been al Ghul. I never expected her to be revealed as Talia in the press release anyway.

I don't know, but given all the talk about the film bringing the story full circle and the rumours about Pence playing a young Ra's, I can't believe Nolan wouldn't work Talia into the story somehow. I know Bane has a connections to Ra's in the comics as well, but do they really need to go back so far to establish that connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

New Batman Trailer..

.. stunning! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Who she really is could be revealed to the audience very early in the film, so it wouldn't be the same plot device. Talia would have been born before Liam Neeson's character became Ra's, so it's not like her real name would have been al Ghul. I never expected her to be revealed as Talia in the press release anyway.

I don't know, but given all the talk about the film bringing the story full circle and the rumours about Pence playing a young Ra's, I can't believe Nolan wouldn't work Talia into the story somehow. I know Bane has a connections to Ra's in the comics as well, but do they really need to go back so far to establish that connection?

Fair points, but I think that it would be pretty crappy on Bruce, who is already grieving for one woman, to find out that a woman he has begun to trust is not what she seems at all.

It's a difficult one to call when you throw Catwoman into the mix as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Basq wrote: »
    New Batman Trailer..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEHg0o1p95GbungsKzV-XG1dX1qPYMxVVzS11HMt3XS3HIPfs5&t=1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

New Batman Trailer..

Wánker :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Is cillian murphy going to be in this one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭Dick Burns

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Basq viewpost.gif
    New Batman Trailer..

.. stunning! eek.gif

Wánker mad.gif

schoolboy error they havent even started screenplay yet,think thats it now on casting,they announced on monday nestor carbonell is returing as the mayor so that has the casting pretty much covered,part of me really thought JGL could of been the joker,wishful thinking,think they start shooting next week!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

New Batman Trailer..

Well at least you didn't start a thread about it like this guy. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Joseph Gordon Levitt is playing 'John Blake', a Gotham beat cop

Marion Cotillard is playing 'Miranda Tate', a Wayne Enterprises board member.

From IGN

"Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham. Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Corholio wrote: »
    Joseph Gordon Levitt is playing 'John Blake', a Gotham beat cop

Marion Cotillard is playing 'Miranda Tate', a Wayne Enterprises board member.

From IGN

"Cotillard will appear as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member eager to help a still-grieving Bruce Wayne resume his father's philanthropic endeavors for Gotham. Gordon-Levitt will play John Blake, a Gotham City beat cop assigned to special duty under the command of Commissioner Gordon."

The first thing that came into my head with Levitt's John Blake character is that it could be a reworking of the Jason Bard character from the comics who had links to the Gordons, and was a private investigator that Jim Gordon trusted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Kess73 wrote: »
    The first thing that came into my head with Levitt's John Blake character is that it could be a reworking of the Jason Bard character from the comics who had links to the Gordons, and was a private investigator that Jim Gordon trusted.

I'd say there's some merit to that since the description says that he will be working under Gordon, so I'd say Gordon will be trusting of him and let Blake in on his relationship with Batman, and then have his trust betrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Who she really is could be revealed to the audience very early in the film, so it wouldn't be the same plot device. Talia would have been born before Liam Neeson's character became Ra's, so it's not like her real name would have been al Ghul.
    Neeson's character didn't "become Ra's" he was always Ra's
    PaulieC wrote: »
    Wánker :mad:
    Lol and thinking it was legit for a second. They haven't even got near a camera yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Mellor wrote: »
    Lol and thinking it was legit for a second. They haven't even got near a camera yet

I know but I saw it got excited and immediately clicked the link before self facepalming :(

Mellor wrote: »
    Neeson's character didn't "become Ra's" he was always Ra's
    In the film he was always Ra's. But was he born with the name Ra's or was it just a title he took when he became leader of the League of Shadows? I always assumed it was a title as suggested by his line to Bruce at the party "is Ra's al Ghul not immortal?" If so he only became Ra's after the death of his wife and that was not his real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

In the film he was always Ra's. But was he born with the name Ra's or was it just a title he took when he became leader of the League of Shadows? I always assumed it was a title as suggested by his line to Bruce at the party "is Ra's al Ghul not immortal?" If so he only became Ra's after the death of his wife and that was not his real name.
    I took that line to be a reference to Bruce's "As a man I'm flesh and blood I can be ignored I can be destroyed but as a symbol, as a symbol I can be incorruptible, I can be everlasting." So, for Ducard, Ra's is a symbol. The question is then whether it's Ducard's symbol, i.e. something he created, or something he inherited. I doubt the film has an answer either way.

First look at Hardy on TDKR Set?

hardyset.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=35638

He's looking large to say the very least, and I'm glad that he has shaven his head, the traditional Bane hair cut would have looked a tad ridiculous. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Who's the other geezer?

No idea, crew man?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Who's the other geezer?

Autoglass man, a new foe for Batman!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It's the guy who wrote the article.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Supercron

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Is cillian murphy going to be in this one?

Nolan loves him so i would bet my house on it. High Stakes , but i still would.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

This is meant to be Nolan and Bales last go at Batman so I'm expecting great things the movies have come a long way since Clooney and Arnie were involved.

After this movie though I don't think they can reboot it again can they? Maybe they'll look at going the Batman Beyond route could be very interesting really looking forward to this movie though last two have been epics.

Anne hataway as selina Kyle ah no that's terrible she wouldnt be in my top ten choices for that role.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anne hataway as selina Kyle ah no that's terrible she wouldnt be in my top ten choices for that role.

But you have to trust Nolan and his choices

Dempsey wrote: »

Ya still I think The name of the poster who thanked my last post ironically apt :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Dempsey wrote: »

If I were a film studio I would trust Nolan to make a film about a wardrobe at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

If I were a film studio I would trust Nolan to make a film about a wardrobe at this stage.

Like Narnia for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    First look at Hardy on TDKR Set?

hardyset.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=35638

He's looking large to say the very least, and I'm glad that he has shaven his head, the traditional Bane hair cut would have looked a tad ridiculous. ;)

His next film after Inceptino was Warrior. He plays a guy returning from warm, who starts training for an MMA tourney. He had to put on two stone for the role, he came up to 205lbs.

He may or may not increase this further for Bane, prob not

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

LZ5by5 wrote: »

Surely it must be!?!

Advertisement