Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I get what you're saying, but it looked to me like bats fell somewhere in the region of 20 stories, maybe more, there was no reason to think his suit can take that impact much less Rachel Dawes' dress, where as they make it very clear in Iron Man that his suits can

20 stories, maybe. Iron man fell from 20,000ft or so. His suit was also offline at the time IIRC.
    and i'm not jsut talking about the fall, flying at that speed and turning, or even landing with a thump would crush is bones and brain, regardless if the suit can take it.

The fact that they made it clear it can take that is what makes it fantasy.
    I'd of rathered Nolan included Bats shoting off a grapple hook and having it break to take the load, but the idea was that he tried to save her and the cape and car took enough of the force to survive.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mellor wrote: »
    20 stories, maybe. Iron man fell from 20,000ft or so. His suit was also offline at the time IIRC.
    and i'm not jsut talking about the fall, flying at that speed and turning, or even landing with a thump would crush is bones and brain, regardless if the suit can take it.

The fact that they made it clear it can take that is what makes it fantasy.
    I'd of rathered Nolan included Bats shoting off a grapple hook and having it break to take the load, but the idea was that he tried to save her and the cape and car took enough of the force to survive.

Not disputing its fantasy bub! But so is TDK.....like I said, I watched TDK again recently and it doesn't look like he deploys the cape at all, but at the end of the day, who really gives a ****?

tried to post this earlier but it didn't seem to work.....

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Was on the news here a few minutes ago saying that there will be a Joker cameo - made up from outtakes and CGi. It quoted Christopher Nolan, no source though.

Edit - I should add that Australian TV is continuously wrong, and that Nolan is on record as saying a cameo isn't happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

here's a fan made trailer. see if you can guess the movies the clips are taken from!
    very well put together and nicely edited.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

clusk007 wrote: »
    here's a fan made trailer. see if you can guess the movies the clips are taken from!
    very well put together and nicely edited.

Dunno about the Ann Hathaway bits but Bronson, Inception and Catwoman were obvious(as well as BB and TDK of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 82,945 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

fan-made trailers make me vioent.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Overheal wrote: »
    fan-made trailers make me vioent.
    mis-spelling makes me anrgy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The viral has begun it seems:

http://thedarkknightrises.warnerbros.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23TheFireRises

I chose a good time for my holidays it seems! :D :pac:

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »

very interesting, this is getting exciting! I have no doubt Tom Hardy will be superb..

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

LZ5by5 wrote: »

:eek:

He looks HUGE in that pic. Hardy will be an excellent.

The main thing I'm taking from it is that he looks like a dangerous and menacing bloke. I didn't like the fact that you could see his skull at first, but then I realised that was just because he looks scary as ****. :pac::pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

whats on his head is it a mask or something ?

ricero wrote: »
    whats on his head is it a mask or something ?

Looks like a gas mask that doesn't completely cover the head. I like it, it looks very menacing, way more than the traditional lucha mask would have anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Just watched Bronson a couple of nights ago. A performance and a half that was.

If he even brings half the intensity and menace that he did for that he'll give the joker a good run for his money.

Goldstein wrote: »
    Just watched Bronson a couple of nights ago. A performance and a half that was.

If he even brings half the intensity and menace that he did for that he'll give the joker a good run for his money.

watch Martina Cole's 'the take' for another absolutely amazing performance from him. Very good show also..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I think Nolan is definitely setting up further sequels with the design of Bane. Sequels that will allow the more fantastical elements of the comics without compromising the existing trilogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Liamario wrote: »
    I think Nolan is definitely setting up further sequels with the design of Bane. Sequels that will allow the more fantastical elements of the comics without compromising the existing trilogy.

Nolan already stated that this would be his last batman film. And it's already been stated that the series is being rebooted after this.

http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/55088-re-rebooting-batman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I'm well aware it's his last movie. I was referring to the design of Bane and also some of the plot which has been revealed. I think it lends itself to the more fantastical elements of batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Excellent, this can only get better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Nolan already stated that this would be his last batman film. And it's already been stated that the series is being rebooted after this.

http://www.tgdaily.com/entertainment/55088-re-rebooting-batman

ANOTHER reboot? :eek: - ffs now!....totally mliking the cash cow for every last drop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

ANOTHER reboot? :eek: - ffs now!....totally mliking the cash cow for every last drop!

Its the best way for Hollywood to keep things fresh

The thing with superheroes is that there are a million stories that can be told. Franchises such as Spiderman, Batman, X-Men and Superman are not just mere gold mines for studios, but they can also be gold mines with real longevity if treated correctly.

That being said, I'd like WB to take it easy in regards to rebooting the Batman franchise, that doesn't like it's going to happen unfortunately. I just hope that they can get in someone else who can hold their own alongside Nolan and who has a real vision for the franchise.

Reboot is better than an out and out sequel. There's so many directions they can take if they're starting from scratch again. If they get a good director who'll do it justice then its no different to when different writers do a run in the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

Reboot is better than an out and out sequel. There's so many directions they can take if they're starting from scratch again. If they get a good director who'll do it justice then its no different to when different writers do a run in the books.

There are so many directions they could take...but more often than not it'll start off with his parents getting killed (again!) and Bruce Wayne becoming Batman

I'd like it if they just did a sideways sort of follow up. Not a direct sequel, but just that we'd see new villains adapted for the big screen.

fluke wrote: »
    There are so many directions they could take...but more often than not it'll start off with his parents getting killed (again!) and Bruce Wayne becoming Batman

I'd like it if they just did a sideways sort of follow up. Not a direct sequel, but just that we'd see new villains adapted for the big screen.

Yea I agree, if they do reboot it hopefully they'll just start off with the assumption that everyone already knows who batman is and won't re-tread the origins again. I really hope the same is going to be applied to the Spider-man reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Id be gutted if it is Nolans last Bat flick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Yea I agree, if they do reboot it hopefully they'll just start off with the assumption that everyone already knows who batman is and won't re-tread the origins again. I really hope the same is going to be applied to the Spider-man reboot.

You are not going to be happy with Spidey then. :D

Advertisement