Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

A YouTube channel called TheFireRises was set up which is where these clips were uploaded. But I believe the author of the channel posted on the Superherohype forums admitting that the clips were fake.

The chanting is real though, you'll find it at darkknightrises.com :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

There are few things I hate more than fan made trailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

oops:
    link
    Anne Hathaway injured a stuntman on the set of new Batman movie 'The Dark Knight Rises'.

The 28-year-old actress - who stars as Selina Kyle/Catwoman in the Christopher Nolan-directed film - got a "bit carried away" while staging an on-set fight and hurt a man with the butt of a gun.

A source said: "Anne got a bit carried away during a fight scene and mistakenly shoved the butt of a gun right into the actor's eye socket.

"He came away with a massive black eye. Anne was mortified."

However, the stuntman remained "good humoured" about the event after the Oscar-nominated star sent him a silver pen with the engraving 'Remember no one packs a punch like Anne'.

The source added to The Sun newspaper: "It was all in good humour but the poor guy took quite a pummelling."

Anne stars in the movie alongside Christian Bale, who is playing Batman for the third time, and Tom Hardy, as the villainous Bane.

British actor Tom has previously revealed he was concerned about how much weight he would have to put on to play his character.

He said: "He wasn't very menacing in 'Batman and Robin'. Chris Nolan will revisit that territory entirely so I wouldn't go by that.

"I've got to get up to about 189lbs or 196lbs. I'm 168lbs-and-a-bit now and we start shooting in May so I've got only three months to bulk up, it's a lot of fat and trickery."

She's still a pussy.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Absolutely no verification of authenticity on this one. Can't tell a lot from it anyway, but apparently this is a photo from the set of TDKR.

275645.jpg

tdkr-croydon-set-maskedman_1307388174.jpg

One source: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/930790/the_dark_knight_rises_new_set_photo_plus_filming_update.html

Plus a wee video showing a GPD car in London:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Did anyone know that Barry O Hanlon from Fair City is in Batman Begins?
    He at the part where Falcone is tied up on the big lamp and Gordon comes over, Barry O hanlon says a few lines.

MJ23 wrote: »
    He at the part where Falcone is tied up on the big lamp and Gordon comes over, Barry O hanlon says a few lines.

Yup, if I recollect he won European Soap Actor of the Year and that was the reward.

Once Gary Oldman's career is winding down he can look back proudly and say "I shared the screen with Barry from Fair City."

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

The Irish actor Jack Gleeson (currently playing the role of Joffrey Lannister in Game of Thrones) was the boy rescued by Batman in Batman Begins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

More than just him. I recognised two of the hoods from the "Falcone Containers sequence" were also Fair City regulars.

Couldn't tell you their names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Plus a wee video showing a GPD car in London:

Interesting footage. There's lots of clips from that shoot up on the net now. Apparently that building to the left of the garage (George Farmiloe & Sons) is to serve as Gothams Police Station. You can see a blue lighting crane in the yard and the blacked out fronts in that clip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

On the topic of Fair City, the guy that owns the pub in Fair City was in King Arthur. He is the extra that gets shot with an arrow whilst hiding up a tree after he betrayed Arthur and the boys.

This guy has been sneaking pictures of promotional posters for TDKR and other films. He reckons there are more to come:

http://yfrog.com/user/theonlyesq/photos

Nothing too mind blowing going on just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

2936491.png

Taken from here.

I wonder what or who will take batman to the hospital? Will it to inflict further pain and interrogate an enemy he beat or will it be because he gets beat himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Boo Radley wrote: »
    This guy has been sneaking pictures of promotional posters for TDKR and other films. He reckons there are more to come:

http://yfrog.com/user/theonlyesq/photos

Nothing too mind blowing going on just yet.

That TDKR poster is from a graphic artist trying to get work.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,480 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.ie/movies/news/a324868/dark-knight-rises-casts-josh-stewart.html

Josh Stewart has joined the cast of The Dark Knight Rises.

The Collector star has signed on to play a supporting role in Christopher Nolan's third Batman offering, Variety reports.

Stewart joins an ensemble cast that includes Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy, Marion Cotillard, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman. Last month, Matthew Modine and Tom Conti joined the roster.

The Dark Knight Rises will reportedly serve as the final chapter in Nolan's Batman trilogy. It sees Bale reprise his role as the Caped Crusader as the character takes on Hardy's Bane and - as has been strongly speculated - The League of Shadows.

The film's shooting schedule will take the production on location to India, Romania, Los Angeles and Pittsburgh. A casting call for "Victims and Perpetrators" was recently issued in the latter city.

The Dark Knight Rises arrives in US and UK cinemas on July 20, 2012.

That TDKR poster is from a graphic artist trying to get work.

Yeah, I was referring to the 2011 Licensing International Expo posters not the fan art.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Very interesting!
    Liam Neeson spotted filming scenes for TDKR, that green blob does sound like it could indeed be some form of lazarus pit, although it could as easily be a flashback scene.

Source - http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/exclusive-what-batman-star-shot-a-scene-for-dark-knight-rises-on-monday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

kdevitt wrote: »
    Very interesting!
    Liam Neeson spotted filming scenes for TDKR, that green blob does sound like it could indeed be some form of lazarus pit, although it could as easily be a flashback scene.

Source - http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/motion-captured/posts/exclusive-what-batman-star-shot-a-scene-for-dark-knight-rises-on-monday
    Not at all surprised by this news. I fact, I expected it. If they were shooting flashbacks with a young Ra's, it only made sense they would be shooting some with Neeson as well. Nolan isn't going to bring Ra's back to life, as is being suggested elsewhere - that would be ridiculous.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Aaaargh to read the spoilered text or not read the spoilered text!! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Tbh it's only a big spoiler if you start drawing fantastic conclusions from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Source
    Christopher Nolan trashed so many vehicles in The Dark Knight, he probably gave Michael Bay an inferiority complex. But apparently he's figured out a way to top himself in The Dark Knight Rises.

According to British news reports, Nolan wants to shut down a major highway in Scotland, the A9, for an "epic" stunt involving a Lockheed C-130 Hercules plane, that will take three days to film. (He'll probably film it at night to minimize disruption.) What does this stunt entail? A source tells Britain's News of the World, via Metro:

The movie crew desperately want to film this. It's a key section of the film. Batman is on board a plane that is hurtling to the ground. The script says he takes control of it and lands it on the road while it's on fire. People are going to love it. It's a tremendous challenge.

Of course, bear in mind the News of the World isn't always the most reliable source of information in the universe. But we do know Nolan is filming in Scotland, and this sounds like something he would do. It sounds amazing, in any case.

Sounds all kinds of epic!

Some sneaky footage of a scene being recorded if anyone is interested.

Yikes. The last thing I'd want to see is another stuntman lose his life in the making of the franchise.

http://www.metro.co.uk/film/868400-the-dark-knight-rises-stunt-goes-wrong-as-parachutist-crashes

A possible
    about the finale involving an American football match
    only click link if you don't mind a potential spoiler http://www.huntingtonnews.net/5827

I wonder what they have in store.

Finally, something and nothing on the score. Hints about influence for TDKR:

http://batman-news.com/2011/07/05/hans-zimmer-on-preparing-for-the-dark-knight-rises-score/

EXCLUSIVE: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES TEASERTRAILERmag-glass_10x10.gif & POSTER COMING!
    By SuperHeroHype
    Jul 8th, 2011

SuperHeroHype has received word from a trustworthy source that the teaser trailer and teaser poster for Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises is set to hit theaters with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 next week! We're hearing that the teaser trailer is a minute and 33 seconds long and will play in both 2D theaters and IMAX 3D screens.

You can also expect the first trailer for Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and new trailer for Happy Feet Two to hit theaters with the "HarryPottermag-glass_10x10.gif" finale. The first trailer for Contagion is also expected to be released, but not with "Harry Potter."

We're not sure when these would come online - it could be next week before "Harry Potter" comes out or after that weekend.

Opening in theaters on July 20, 2012, The Dark Knight Rises stars Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, Juno Temple, Josh Pence, Daniel Sunjata, Nestor Carbonell, Matthew Modine, Tom Conti, Joey King, Brett Cullen, Chris Ellis and Josh Stewart.
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167789-exclusive-the-dark-knight-rises-teaser-coming-next-week

1 minute 33 seconds sounds quite long, TDK's was only 59 seconds long, so there must be footage. I hope Bane is in it and scares the bejaysus out of me. :pac::pac::pac:

Too bad we won't get to see it with HP though.

Why won't we get to see it with HP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 High_Q

A university hosting location shooting for the movie has included some pretty detailed info on the nature of the scenes being shot there.

"Carnegie Mellon will once again play host to Hollywood, when several scenes for a major motion picture by Warner Bros., currently using the working title “Magnus Rex,” are filmed outside of the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) in late July, and inside and outside of the Mellon Institute in early August. Carnegie Mellon is working closely with the production company to ensure that the university and its students, faculty and staff will benefit from the movie-making experience with minimal disruption to normal operations.

Here's the skinny on the filming dates, the scenes and parking and traffic restrictions.

Where and When

Scenes will be filmed outside the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) at the intersection of Dithridge and Henry streets from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, July 30-31.

Scenes will be filmed outside of the Mellon Institute on the Fifth Ave. side from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday, July 31, and inside of the Mellon Institute's fourth-floor entrance lobby on Wednesday and Thursday, Aug. 3-4.

Prep work for the filming will be taking place in both locations beginning July 11.

What Will Happen

Scenes outside the SEI, which will be portrayed as a prison, will include an explosion, a prison break, precision stunt driving, gunfire, atmospheric smoke, and controlled pyrotechnic explosions.

Scenes outside the Fifth Ave. entrance of Mellon Institute include a standoff between two rivals that escalates into a riot. One character drives a motorcycle through the fourth floor lobby, out the front doors and down the steps onto Fifth Ave. Special effects include precision stunt driving, gunfire and atmospheric smoke.
    "

Prison break seems the most revealing part, could be Banes escape or him releasing Gotham prisoners similar to the Arkham breakout plot from Knightfall. Can't remember what Arkhams status was after TDK, though it was featured in one of the Gotham Knight anime things.

Why won't we get to see it with HP?

I don't think Irish cinemas work like the American ones, we only show trailers for films that have an imminent release date. I remember going to the cinema on loads of occasions excited to see a trailer only to find that it wasn't shown. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I don't think Irish cinemas work like the American ones, we only show trailers for films that have an imminent release date. I remember going to the cinema on loads of occasions excited to see a trailer only to find that it wasn't shown. :(

I don't think that's necessarily always the case. I seem to remember we got the first teaser for Cloverfield before Transformers, the same way it was aired in the Sates.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I don't think that's necessarily always the case. I seem to remember we got the first teaser for Cloverfield before Transformers, the same way it was aired in the Sates.

Not to mention the TDK teaser aired the same time here as well.

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm not sure, I've seen a fair few teasers in the cinema in my time.

Advertisement