Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Enjoy lads.. Decent quality... Great teaser.. http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjg0ODYzMDA4.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well it certainly teases, and nothing else. To be honest, there's little here to get excited about, other than the very fleeting glances of Bane. Wake me when a full trailer turns up!

On another note, minus points for Warner Bros. - you'd think by now they'd know full well this teaser would get leaked within moments of appearing in the cinema. It's too hot a property, they should have uploaded a proper version to coincide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

pixelburp wrote: »
    On another note, minus points for Warner Bros. - you'd think by now they'd know full well this teaser would get leaked within moments of appearing in the cinema. It's too hot a property, they should have uploaded a proper version to coincide.

I'm sure they know what they are doing. Staggering the release is building anticipation and generating more buzz about the movie on the Internet. 1 week of free advertising as people crawl the Internet trying to find decent quality versions of the teaser followed by the release of the HD quality teaser which will keep the hype machine running for another week or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

So handsome bob is bane :(
    what happened :(

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

regarding the chanting in the teaser trailer
    could it be maybe prisoners in the prison bane grew up in ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ricero wrote: »
    regarding the chanting in the teaser trailer
    could it be maybe prisoners in the prison bane grew up in ?
    Quite possibly, or, if the LOS connections are true, then it could be their way of paying respect to Bane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Was that a quick glimpse of
    Catwoman
    at the end, just before it says "The Epic conclusion" (1:20 - 1:22) ?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Nope, I think it was
    Bane
    Apologies, I dunno if I have to Spoiler that, just to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Was that a quick glimpse of
    Catwoman
    at the end, just before it says "The Epic conclusion" (1:20 - 1:22) ?? :eek:

was actually thinking the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

rises.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I don't suppose there's anyone in the know who can assure me that this teaser will be attached to HP over here? :pac:

No teaser at the 7pm showing in Cineworld

• Registered Users Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Friend was at a showing in Sligo today, and it was attached.

Was it the 3D showing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They should have attached this teaser to some small little arthouse film or something. It's not like Harry Potter is going to lack for ticket sales. Of course, it's all about encouraging everyone to go on opening weekend so the studio makes more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Was it the 3D showing?

No the 2D showing

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No the 2D showing

Balls, does this mean the teaser's only on the 3D version? Wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I saw it this evening on a 2D version. Awesome, by the way!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Balls, does this mean the teaser's only on the 3D version? Wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

That's what I've heard, and I've heard the 3D in HP is 3D in all its dim glory, FFS. >_<

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's what I've heard, and I've heard the 3D in HP is 3D in all its dim glory, FFS. >_<

Yup, a few reviews I've read have been giving out about how dark it is. Will be waiting for this teaser to show up properly online so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

pasta-solo wrote: »

same

• Advertisement

indough wrote: »
    same

Interesting, seems like a game of roulette so. I'm surprised Cineworld ain't showing it as I thought they would have been the most likely, maybe this means my local uci will. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

indough wrote: »
    same

Where?

I'm not going to Harry Potter in 3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

mine was in cork anyway so it'd be no good to you, but it was in the omniplex in mahon point

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

A slightly clearer recording of the teaser. Still not the official release though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Goodshape wrote: »
    Where?

I'm not going to Harry Potter in 3D.

Saw it in the Galway Omniplex, they have it on both the 2D and 3D I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Went to Harry Potter in Vue in Liffey valley for the 16:00 showing in 3D.

No batman trailer. :(

Gutted.

guess they might not be showing it early in the day (maybe due to the age rating or something?)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

No Batman trailer on Harry Potter 2d in Wexford Omniplex this afternoon, just Sherlock Holmes & Tin Tin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

No trailer either at the 11am 3d showing in Movies at Dundrum on Saturday :(

Never fear lads, the official version is meant to be hitting the web today. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Never fear lads, the official version is meant to be hitting the web today. :)

1307858020206.jpg

Advertisement