Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

It looks like there is a hand, glove-free in the bottom of the the shot with Gordan, so it's very possibly Bruce Wayne is sitting with Gordan as opposed to Batman. As for TDK, Gordan doesn't know who Batman is, but that doesn't mean he doesn't come to learn who he is over the course of next years movie

Absolutely, Gordon is a smart guy. If he sees the batmobile in a disabled parking space, and then not long after sees Bruce Wayne in a wheelchair, he could figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭charlieharper

From what I know the Villain is Bane played by Tom Hardy of Inception fame & Harvey 2 Face might make an appearance. This is going to be Nolan's final installment of this series with another director to do a different trilogy take on Batman!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

For those of you who are still curious of what the chanting is, it's "He rises, he rises". Forget what language it is though

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

From what I know the Villain is Bane played by Tom Hardy of Inception fame & Harvey 2 Face might make an appearance. This is going to be Nolan's final installment of this series with another director to do a different trilogy take on Batman!
    It's widely know Tom Hardy is playing bane. It'll be closer to the Bronson Hardy than the Inception Hardy.
    Harvey/2 Face is dead, so not sure what you are getting at there?
    And Nolan has said for a long time that its his final movie.
    For those of you who are still curious of what the chanting is, it's "He rises, he rises". Forget what language it is though

I'm not convinced

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I'm more convinced the chanting is:

This is Arkham Asylum, This is Arkham Asylum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

They're clearly chanting "Ali Bumaye"

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Multiple tumblers in desert camouflage together. Maybe the army decides to reuse them after seeing how the Batman used his in a marshal law scenario?

http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-batmobile-tumbler-videos-on-set

2nd video shows 3 together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It would make sense I suppose, I mean it's one of the things you would expect if they're going to be trying harder to capture Bruce.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm not convinced

Ah yes the chanting is Moroccan and it just means "he rises, he rises" so there's nothing too special about it. Although it does pose the question as to who it is that is doing the afformentioned rising. Bane? Bats? Alfred? Who knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Ah yes the chanting is Moroccan and it just means "he rises, he rises" so there's nothing too special about it. Although it does pose the question as to who it is that is doing the afformentioned rising. Bane? Bats? Alfred? Who knows?

I've read elsewhere that the chanting is 'Bane! Bane! Matalo! Matalo!', which is Spanish for 'Bane! Bane! Kill him! Kill him!'. It would make more sense.

• Advertisement

Here is some more footage of the 3 tumblers:

Images of Bane:

Batman-DarkKnightRises-Filming-7-30-2011-15.jpg
    32401L.jpg

I'm starting to think Bane and his crew are driving the tumblers!

I'm not sure what the etiquette is regarding speculation and potential spoilers so I'll spoiler the following, but it's only pure speculation on my part with some plot spoilers of TDK.
    After seeing the 3 tumblers and the image of Bane standing on one I'm thinking perhaps this is neat way of addressing the slight plot hole in TDK. Wayne's accountant who realised who the Batman was when he stumbled upon the designs for the tumbler (after noticing the disappearing division) was never satisfactorily dealt with.

Granted when it was pointed out he was unwise to mess with a powerful, billionaire vigilante he backed off but the accountant still threatened to go public to meet the demands of the Joker. Wayne of course intervened and saved his life so again temporarily kept him quiet. It is reasonable to speculate Wayne then bought him off, but this was not explicitly addressed.

So that leaves an interesting situation. Even if Wayne bought him off he may still have designs for the tumbler. That aside it is public knowledge that he claims to know the identity of the Batman.

Therefore it is also reasonable to think that perhaps Bane or his associates find him and make him talk and/or hand over the designs. Either way this might go a long way to explaining Bane and his crew possibly owning tumblers.

Thanks if you took the time to read the ramblings of a person with too much time on their hands above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

definately think bane and his gang own the tumblers it makes me think their bringing the fight to batman rather than waiting for batman to come to them, also bane and tom hardy looks class in the pictures!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This is the vibe I'm getting off those pics for some reason.

kjell-nilsson-as-humungus.jpg

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This is the vibe I'm getting off those pics for some reason.

kjell-nilsson-as-humungus.jpg

Even though I'm yet to be convinced by Bane's mask at least it doesn't look quite that gimpish! :D

Good job finding that image btw. Haven't seen that flick in years.

Lots of activity online today.

Possible spoilers.

The following are videos of what looks like Bane
    on the tumbler making a speech, and an explosion at the prison. There is speculation that the paper he tears up at the start is a picture of Harvey Dent. I'll see if I can find anything to support that claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

after seeing these pics straight away i just thought to myself you hard bastard

Following up the spoilered text in my last post here is a picture apparently supporting some of the speculation. Due to the spoilery nature of the picture I'll post the link rather than the image:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6ab0xYWf1qefn6co1_400.jpg
    I think the pieces of the picture do look like Harvey Dent alright. See next link.

Only look at the next link if you're following the spoilered text, otherwise it won't make a great deal of sense.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc131/Jokerfan1980/tdk_2921.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

IMDB
    Both this film and its predecessor have one-word themes which are driving forces in the stories: Batman Begins centers around Fear, while the focus of 'The Dark Knight' is Chaos.

Any thoughts on what this films "word" will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Interesting that all three tumblers are different designs - the front one looks like it could take more people. This could backup the idea that Bane gets his hands on the blueprints for the tumbler. Although that said - I don't see why he's need to nick Batmans designs to create something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

If these tumblers are Banes and he got them built for him, why would he get them with desert camo?
    I'm thinking more of them were in use by a military and he stole them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

IMDB

Any thoughts on what this films "word" will be?

DEATH

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Interesting that the tumblers are in the original color from when wayne saw them first, could be that Bane knows that Batman gets his stuff from Wayne Enterprises, hmmmmmm..........

Gintonious wrote: »
    Interesting that the tumblers are in the original color from when wayne saw them first, could be that Bane knows that Batman gets his stuff from Wayne Enterprises, hmmmmmm..........

It is all very interesting. Aside from my earlier theories it might be that he simply stole them from the military as pointed out by kiddums.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

My theory: Miranda, who is on the board of Wayne Enterprises, is really Talia and at a certain point takes control of the company in Wayne's absence and gives Bane the tumblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kiddums wrote: »
    If these tumblers are Banes and he got them built for him, why would he get them with desert camo?
    I'm thinking more of them were in use by a military and he stole them.

the first one that Freemans character shows Bruce in Begins is desert camo coloured, stands to reason they'd have more, he did say they were designed to have 2 of them jump a river to create a bridge

With regard to Bane
    tearing up a picture of Harvey Dent
    it is likely he is
    giving a speech outside the prison maybe after the prison break since a lot of the inmates were put there by Dent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Gintonious wrote: »

If Nolan bases a lot of his take on Bane on the comic version of Bane, then Nolan's Batman has a foe who is stronger and more intelligent than him, and also one who figures out using his detective skills that Wayne is Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Wouldn't be too hard for Bane to figure it out considering the Tumbler vehicles were only prototypes constructed by Wayne Enterprises.

Heh, they get 3 Tumblers and he has his shìtty Batpod. Unless he gets a hold of another one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

They could also just be spare props, i wouldnt say they would just make on for the shoot.

Advertisement