Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looks like they're celebrating a winning goal :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

oh thats an internet meme waiting to happen :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

My attempt at being funny:
    hiz1.jpg

krudler wrote: »
    oh thats an internet meme waiting to happen :pac:

Something along these lines?

169089.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,563 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Dam stunt men.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

IMDB

Any thoughts on what this films "word" will be?

Strength? Be it physical, mental, etc...

Kess73 wrote: »
    If Nolan bases a lot of his take on Bane on the comic version of Bane, then Nolan's Batman has a foe who is stronger and more intelligent than him, and also one who figures out using his detective skills that Wayne is Batman.

Would be an interesting take in my opinion, a bit deeper than having him as a one-dimensional muscle-bound hulk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm, reading through the last few posts, I'm thinking of unsubscribing from this thread; the set photos are beginning to get very spoilery - or at the very least they're breaking the sense of magic of the movie before it's even come out.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmm, reading through the last few posts, I'm thinking of unsubscribing from this thread; the set photos are beginning to get very spoilery - or at the very least they're breaking the sense of magic of the movie before it's even come out.

Yea I was thinking that myself. I don't remember this much stuff leaking before TDK came out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's getting harder and harder to keep things under wraps these days what with everyone fancying themselves as a photographer/celebrity blogger. They're filming in heavily populated places, ya can't really muscle people and smash their cameras. :pac:

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yea I was thinking that myself. I don't remember this much stuff leaking before TDK came out.

I've been quite surprised too considering Nolan's closed set type policy. I've attempted to be responsible with my posts spoilering what I think to be in any way spoilery but I think most people here expected Batman and Bane to have a fight for example.

Granted seeing these images might well take some of the magic out of it for some but if you're following this online most of the images are near impossible to avoid. I am curious though to see if they manage to conceal Catwoman's look - if indeed Selina Kyle dons the persona.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Boo Radley wrote: »
    I've been quite surprised too considering Nolan's closed set type policy. I've attempted to be responsible with my posts spoilering what I think to be in any way spoilery but I think most people here expected Batman and Bane to have a fight for example.

Granted seeing these images might well take some of the magic out of it for some but if you're following this online most of the images are near impossible to avoid. I am curious though to see if they manage to conceal Catwoman's look - if indeed Selina Kyle dons the persona.

Of course maybe Nolan wants all this stuff out there, it will turn out Hardy is really playing The Penguin or something. Nolan you devious fecker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Images could be just put under spoiler tags. Just sayin...

Niles wrote: »
    Images could be just put under spoiler tags. Just sayin...

Can they? I wasn't aware an image could be spoilered. I was under the impression (due to the description) that the spoiler tags were exclusively for text.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup, afaik you can't spoiler an image on this forum - I know you can on others (the embedded image is hidden behind a button click). Now the usual caveats apply for common sense when reading a forum like this, but I think some basic courtesy should be applied now that pretty serious spoiler images are leaking out.

If nothing else, I don't see the appeal of set-pics, because outside of the context of post-production they always seem so mundane & anticlimactic.

Yup, afaik you can't spoiler an image on this forum - I know you can on others (the embedded image is hidden behind a button click). Now the usual caveats apply for common sense when reading a forum like this, but I think some basic courtesy should be applied now that pretty serious spoiler images are leaking out.

If nothing else, I don't see the appeal of set-pics, because outside of the context of post-production they always seem so mundane & anticlimactic.

As far as I'm concerned I've not posted the most spoilerific of the pics and indeed went to some lengths to warn and only provide links and spoilered text referring to said images. I think the trailer was as spoilery as the pic of Bane and Batman fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Bane? Brilliant! I hope this means my original Knightfall Part 11 comic soars in value!

ELT200712310207199757215.PNG

I don't really want to know much about plot speculation, etc., until the film's upon us. I also don't think the film will necessarily be 'historically accurate' (The Dark Knight wasn't, for example). But would not the title refer to a new (albeit temporary) Dark Knight taking the mantle following a back-breaking fight between Wayne and Bane? Isn't it possible Bane finishes Batman off in the beginning? Alternatively, might it end after Wayne 'rises' back into the loving admiration of Gotham's denizens but is left a cripple, leaving things open for a new actor to play Batman?

Who knows? I don't really care. I'll be back-centre on release day for this one.

Mellor wrote: »
    The minute Bane was mentioned, so was breaking Batmans back. It's was and still is the most expected occurances.

But I think your scenerio is full of holes. For a start, gordon doesn't know that Bruce = Batman. He is speaking in his bat voice (although toned down from TDK), a stunt man in a window suggests he visits him as Batman.
    So whilr it may happen, I doubt it will happen like you say

Boo Radley wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned I've not posted the most spoilerific of the pics and indeed went to some lengths to warn and only provide links and spoilered text referring to said images. I think the trailer was as spoilery as the pic of Bane and Batman fighting.

Should point out I'm not singling you out for criticism as such - just putting forward a suggested policy in future as filming progresses. As for the point about the trailer, I think there's a big difference between an officially sanctioned trailer (if you could call the teaser that) and some amateur spy-shots shots of Bane, in costume, filming what seem to be fairly pivotal scenes. As I said earlier, I might just unsubscribe from this thread as it's probably the wisest ... :)

Should point out I'm not singling you out for criticism as such - just putting forward a suggested policy in future as filming progresses. As for the point about the trailer, I think there's a big difference between an officially sanctioned trailer (if you could call the teaser that) and some amateur spy-shots shots of Bane, in costume, filming what seem to be fairly pivotal scenes. As I said earlier, I might just unsubscribe from this thread as it's probably the wisest ... :)

Fair enough. I wonder would it be possible to request having a image spoiler button added or at least looked into being added? I'd certainly back the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

I only remember bane from the 1997 Batman and Robin movie as some big muscular non speaking henchmen.

Im sure he is more in the comic books. So can we expect a bane who talks and is smarter then batman? (as someone recently said)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

To be honest, these pics do nothing but show me what Bane looks like in one style. Plus for those, and myself, who are following this film's production we already know that Bane has something to do with a prison / Arkham Asylum breakout.

These pictures aren't going to ruin much magic for us no more than what the upcoming trailers will do.

I'm actually very interested in this film's marketing considering the pressure that team have to get as close as possible to TDK's takings. Even so, that film had fantastic marketing which as far as I know isn't the same team doing the rounds for this film.

EDIT: My view on Bane's outfit is that he looks very post-apocalyptic, as in designed for destruction........which I think could be the theme for this film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

One thing i notice about those pics ... not sure if its been said on this board so far but ...

this will mark the first time batman will be seen in daytime in this trilogy. In fact, i cant remember a single scene from the other batmans where he was in-suit daytime. This is a first.

LighterGuy wrote: »
    One thing i notice about those pics ... not sure if its been said on this board so far but ...

this will mark the first time batman will be seen in daytime in this trilogy. In fact, i cant remember a single scene from the other batmans where he was in-suit daytime. This is a first.

I had thought the same earlier but couldn't be sure if that was the case or not. Interesting departure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Maybe Bane's figured, well if Batman operates at night then best that I operate during the day. :)

Anyway reckon I'll drop out of this thread now too, else i'll have seen every shot of the movie before it comes out.

Looking forward to next year. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

LighterGuy wrote: »
    It could still be a night scene - theres a camera technique which ends up having it look like nighttime, even though its filmed during the day. Read about it for 30 Days of Night.

I know this isn't really a spoiler (maybe it is) and is just my random plot thought but ...
    The scene with the fight is definitely a prison break, which is beginning to make it sound more and more like Knightfall is being used as a heavy influence.

Batman obviously gets his ass handed to him on a plate by Bane (from the teaser) and then disappears (from teaser)

Seeing JGL looking like he's getting quite physical with the baton in the photos - I'm thinking he could indeed be an Azbat type of character - although rather than being Jean Paul Valley, he's a standard cop who fills in for Wayne while he's recovering.

All that said, as much as I want to see new tidbits from the movie, there seems to be a bit too much leaking out from the set!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Speculation isn't a spoiler. If we all start spoiler tagging every random thought we have this thread is going to get very hard to read. The film isn't out for another year and this is all we have to discuss in the meantime, so anyone who really wants to avoid spoilers should just avoid the thread entirely to be safe.

I'm okay with images been posted provided they aren't too spoilerish, but it would probably be for the best if these set photos were kept to a minimum. A link will do fine for most of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Major spoilers: Batman rocks the f**k out

batman.jpg?t=1312202834

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Mindkiller wrote: »

batman.jpg?t=1312202834

The videogame tie in based around guitar hero/rock band CONFIRMED!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

Mindkiller wrote: »

batman.jpg?t=1312202834

I'm starting to think Nolan is having a laugh with us.....come on look at these pics, they're so not what you'd expect....daylight for one thing.
    Was there any onset security. Possibly having a laugh??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I think it's just the actors goofing around between takes. And I wouldn't read too much into the scenes being shot during the day. As kdevitt suggested, they may be using the day-for-night technique to simulate nighttime. Afaik there was quite a few such scenes in TDK. The Hong Kong sequence, for example, was all shot during the day.

Advertisement