Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

I'm starting to think Nolan is having a laugh with us.....come on look at these pics, they're so not what you'd expect....daylight for one thing.
    Was there any onset security. Possibly having a laugh??

I'm pretty sure this is Photoshopped, I've seen a very similar image without the mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Boo Radley wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is Photoshopped, I've seen a very similar image without the mic.
    You're right actually. The stand part of the microphone on the bottom looks wonky. I just thought it looked funny :)

Mindkiller wrote: »
    You're right actually. The stand part of the microphone on the bottom looks wonky. I just thought it looked funny :)

I understood you knew it was Photoshopped, I was responding to a post that seemed to imply that they thought it was the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

141263-dark-knight-rises-fully-suited-batman-fights-bane-in-pittsburgh-street.JPG

the-dark-knight-rises-bane-costume-revealed.jpg

dark-knight-rises-bane-tom-hardy_2.jpg

dark-knight-rises-bane.jpg

I'm continuously watching Primer in the hope of learning how to build a time machine. I'm not waiting to see this movie!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I don't like the mask or the jacket on Bane.

I honestly thought Nolan would be ditching the mask idea, it looks kinda complex too, as in, is Nolan going the Vemon route or something like it? Who knows!

That damn jacket though, just reminds me too much of this guy. Maybe Bane got the loan of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    I don't like the mask or the jacket on Bane.

I honestly thought Nolan would be ditching the mask idea, it looks kinda complex too, as in, is Nolan going the Vemon route or something like it? Who knows!

That damn jacket though, just reminds me too much of this guy. Maybe Bane got the loan of it.

Yeah Im wondering about the explanation for the mask too, and I cant help wondering if the Scarecrow and his toxins are somehow to blame. I know that isn't in the comics, but its too complex looking to just be for decoration. Anyone any theories?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

syklops wrote: »
    Yeah Im wondering about the explanation for the mask too, and I cant help wondering if the Scarecrow and his toxins are somehow to blame. I know that isn't in the comics, but its too complex looking to just be for decoration. Anyone any theories?

Any sign of Cillian Murphy in this one...?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Any sign of Cillian Murphy in this one...?

No mention of him in IMDB. There goes that theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Maybe they are just spare tumblers for production.

Maybe they are just spare tumblers for production.

The 3 do seem slightly different in their configuration. Also, could be a throw back to BB "Does it come in Black?".

I'm guessing we will get to see some decent shots of the Bat cave this time. Wayne Manor will be rebuilt with a few additional extras installed, and improvements made in the North West wing of the Manor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

As someone said previously, diluted fear serum that increases adrenalin when inhaled. Is it not plausible?

allanb49 wrote: »
    As someone said previously, diluted fear serum that increases adrenalin when inhaled. Is it not plausible?

It is.
    Or it could be a toxin that takes away a person's fears.

There was an episode of the animated series where Scarecrow did that to people instead of using the fear toxin. A brilliant episode it was too, especially how dangerous Batman was when he got gased and had no fear.

Anyways, that mask could be doing anything, we won't know until next year at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

but speculation is part of the fun,

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

LighterGuy wrote: »
    One thing i notice about those pics ... not sure if its been said on this board so far but ...

this will mark the first time batman will be seen in daytime in this trilogy. In fact, i cant remember a single scene from the other batmans where he was in-suit daytime. This is a first.

Wasn't the opening sequence of TDK shot in daytime? when he apprehends The Scarecrow (also when the fake "Batmen" show up)?

phil1nj wrote: »
    Wasn't the opening sequence of TDK shot in daytime? when he apprehends The Scarecrow (also when the fake "Batmen" show up)?

Maybe shot in the daytime but definitely appeared to be night time in the final product.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brennaldo II

While I do like Tom Hardy, and have no doubt this film will be awesome, I gotta say the images of Bane don't quite have that wow factor that the first images of the joker had.. well in my opinion anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

While I do like Tom Hardy, and have no doubt this film will be awesome, I gotta say the images of Bane don't quite have that wow factor that the first images of the joker had.. well in my opinion anyway.
    You mean the set photos? Well I'd imagine so as they are unofficial. In case you missed it, this was the first official image of Bane:

dark-knight-rises-movie-image-tom-hardy-bane-hi-res-01-600x375.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

You mean the set photos? Well I'd imagine so as they are unofficial. In case you missed it, this was the first official image of Bane:

Is that a shadow/lighting trick on his middle back or is that a huge scar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Definitely a scar, it's very visible in the leaked pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Brennaldo II

Oh yes my bad I meant to say set photos :o , I mean I just don't think his outfit took much creativeness.. Bane in this picture and in the teaser looks badass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Since the on set picture of Bane looks less intimidating then the teaser versions should we presume we are seeing a pre venom version on set?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Since the on set picture of Bane looks less intimidating then the teaser versions should we presume we are seeing a pre venom version on set?

Possibly, but it's more likely he doesn't look as menacing because they're not proper production photographs I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Possibly, but it's more likely he doesn't look as menacing because they're not proper production photographs I reckon.
    Yeah. Anyone can look scary and imposing with harsh overhead lighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I've heard the scarecrow gas theory a lot. Where are people getting this from?
    Surely the more obvious reason is venom. I mean its much more plausible that he takes vemon orally that through the back of the head.

Mostly due to Hardy's huge lats :pac:

Mellor wrote: »
    I've heard the scarecrow gas theory a lot. Where are people getting this from?
    Surely the more obvious reason is venom. I mean its much more plausible that he takes vemon orally that(than?) through the back of the head.

I am maybe not understanding your post, I dont know where you got the through the back of the head idea from, aside from previous incarnations of Bane.

I got my theory from looking at BB and thinking that in the Nolan Batman universe, where the scarecrows scary gas, was based on the same blue flower that Wayne encountered during his Ninja training, that for another and completely different serum which does something like give power/strength/courage, would seem pretty unlikely. It seemed more logical in my mind that the mask around Banes mouth was some kind of breathing aparatus, which he uses to breath in some form of gas, which has some kind of effect on him. Such as, like I said earlier in the thread, a side-effect of being afraid is flight or fight syndrome which heightens adrenaline making people able to run further and faster than normal.

Apparently Bane will be more true to his comic version, e.g. super-intelligent and super-strong, rather than moronic henchman as in Batman:TAS and the movie Batman and Robin, so maybe he discovered that in small controlled doses of the gas he can work out for harder and longer, making him one fit mo-fo, and that during fights he can out last his opponents.

To me at least, that all sounds plausible, in the Nolan Batman Universe, where they try to be more true to life than other incarnations of Batman. Bane getting his strength from green venom he injects into his brain does not sound very Nolan-like to me

rather than moronic henchman as in Batman:TAS and the movie Batman and Robin

Whoa!!!! Back up there! ;)
    The Bane in BTAS was far from a moronic henchman, he was an assassin for hire.

Whoa!!!! Back up there! ;)
    The Bane in BTAS was far from a moronic henchman, he was an assassin for hire.

In my defence I havnt seen an episode of TAS in about 15 years, so obviously my memory doesnt serve me today.

In my defence I havnt seen an episode of TAS in about 15 years, so obviously my memory doesnt serve me today.

I was 9 or 10 when it came out 1st. Best Cartoon ever, the kids these days haven't a clue what a good cartoon is, the tripe thats on TV!

I watched it all again a few years ago, and some episodes are very fresh in my memory.

I was 9 or 10 when it came out 1st. Best Cartoon ever, the kids these days haven't a clue what a good cartoon is, the tripe thats on TV!

I watched it all again a few years ago, and some episodes are very fresh in my memory.

Some eps are still fresh in my memory too, even 15 years on, just not the bane ones obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

First image of Catwoman:

DKRkylesm.jpeg?1312533914

Advertisement