Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

First image of Catwoman:

DKRkylesm.jpeg?1312533914

Oh dear god no...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

That could be Batgirl or Catwoman, I see nothing to differentiate the two here, apart from the fact that we know she is playing Catwoman.

The Mask looks more like a headset or something, I can't see her sneaking around museums doing a bit of thieving with blue lights on her face.

I'll just revert to praying that this all works out.

In Nolan We Trust...
    In Nolan We Trust...
    In Nolan We Trust...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    That could be Batgirl or Catwoman, I see nothing to differentiate the two here, apart from the fact that we know she is playing Catwoman.

The Mask looks more like a headset or something, I can't see her sneaking around museums doing a bit of thieving with blue lights on her face.

I'll just revert to praying that this all works out.

In Nolan We Trust...
    In Nolan We Trust...
    In Nolan We Trust...

I like it.

She doesnt need cat-embossed everything to be catwoman. Batman is as he is to scare people. The cape, the Bat ears, so that some criminals were debating if he is even human. Catwoman wants no-one to see her. She is a cat-burglar. She wants to be in and out before anyone sees her. She wears a mask in case there is CCTV, but she doesnt want an over the head 'cowl' because it would be uncomfortable. Her costume, is one of practicality and allows ease of movement.

I must say though I am curious as to how she got on Batmans bike though.

syklops wrote: »
    She doesnt need cat-embossed everything to be catwoman. Batman is as he is to scare people. The cape, the Bat ears, so that some criminals were debating if he is even human. Catwoman wants no-one to see her. She is a cat-burglar. She wants to be in and out before anyone sees her. She wears a mask in case there is CCTV, but she doesnt want an over the head 'cowl' because it would be uncomfortable. Her costume, is one of practicality and allows ease of movement.

Agreed, no argument there, as long as she turns off the blue LEDs so nobody sees her.;)
    syklops wrote: »
    I must say though I am curious as to how she got on Batmans bike though.

Superhero Team up or she steals it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eroticvultcha

May be more to the costume. Look at what her stunt double was carrying: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpfd1z6BbM1qbujox.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Cant be worse than Halle Berry's look :pac: I have no problem with that, shes wearing a black catsuit and a mask, what more do you want a realistic version of Catwoman wearing? skin tight pvc and a whip wouldnt work in Nolans version.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

krudler wrote: »
    Cant be worse than Halle Berry's look :pac: I have no problem with that, shes wearing a black catsuit and a mask, what more do you want a realistic version of Catwoman wearing? skin tight pvc and a whip wouldnt work in Nolans version.

Anne Hathaway?
    It works just fine in MY version!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2022692/First-official-picture-Anne-Hathaway-Catwoman-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

More pics here to go with the Catwoman shot including another shot of "Miranda Tate" (come on, she HAS to be Talia!)

That definitely appears to be the Bat Pod she's on, with this and Bane stealing tumblers Batman really needs to up the security on his garage!

niallon wrote: »
    "Miranda Tate" (come on, she HAS to be Talia!)

Possibly looks like it from that pic.

Yeah she's walking like a woman on a mission, clothes look a little oriental nearly and villain-esque (not entirely sure what the hell I'm trying to say here!).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2022692/First-official-picture-Anne-Hathaway-Catwoman-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

More pics here to go with the Catwoman shot including another shot of "Miranda Tate" (come on, she HAS to be Talia!)

yea also the clothing she is wearing looks like south asian style clothes were the league of shadows were based in batman begins.

Yeah she's walking like a woman on a mission, clothes look a little oriental nearly and villain-esque (not entirely sure what the hell I'm trying to say here!).

Not entirely sure what the hell he's trying to say here, but I agree. ;)

Haha, I guess I'm saying her outfit doesn't look like it fits into the sort of style most "normal" people wear in Nolan's Gotham, it looks like a villain's get up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Gotta say, looking at the pics from the Daily Mail link, the Catwoman costume looks a bit like Scarlett Johansen's Black Widow costume from Iron Man 2

Gotta say, looking at the pics from the Daily Mail link, the Catwoman costume looks a bit like Scarlett Johansen's Black Widow costume from Iron Man 2

Except more likely to have...ya know...substance, purpose, significance etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Except more likely to have...ya know...substance, purpose, significance etc. :D

So you won't be drooling over Anne Hathaway in leather then ;)

So you won't be drooling over Anne Hathaway in leather then ;)

I will be, drooling over her UNREAL character development and her SUPPLE depth! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

tumblr_lpewr9Rs251qfdnrzo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

anne-hathaway-as-dark-knight-rises-catwoman-first-look-04.JPG

The stunt double looks more the part than Hathaway does!

Costume is sound, I doubt those goggles are part of it, probably serve some functional purpose for whatever she is up to in that scene!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

It's not exactly the best costume I ever saw for concealing one's identity, it's pretty much expecting nobody to recognize you in swimming goggles.

Actually, that raises something very interesting in my mind. Perhaps in that scene, Catwoman is working with Bane and Miranda Tate and doesn't want to hide her identity. Could it be a case that Wayne Enterprises via Miranda Tate are supplying Catwoman and Bane with their equipment, hence you've got Batpods and Tumblers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,481 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Draupnir wrote: »
    It's not exactly the best costume I ever saw for concealing one's identity, it's pretty much expecting nobody to recognize you in swimming goggles.

Actually, that raises something very interesting in my mind. Perhaps in that scene, Catwoman is working with Bane and Miranda Tate and doesn't want to hide her identity. Could it be a case that Wayne Enterprises via Miranda Tate are supplying Catwoman and Bane with their equipment, hence you've got Batpods and Tumblers.
    Well we don't know the context of that scene; for all we know Kyle lost her "proper" mask due to some unknown reason, and is using some convenient Batpod tech to mask her face temporarily.

Also: has it even been confirmed "Catwoman" is a burglar? For all we know Selina Kyle is a gun-for-hire and isn't shy about marching around brazenly showing her face.

I think it's safe to say we're looking at anything but a conventional take on Catwoman anyway which is a relief. Pfeiffer did the best version of the whip cracking, PVC, lippy Catwoman. Now I know this was all said about Nicholson/Ledger but Nolan did somewhat reinvent The Joker also even if the majority of the reinvention credit goes to Ledger for his performance and the mannerisms which he gave The Joker.

I like the gun for hire notion, that Catwoman is somewhat more secondary than she would normally be on screen/paper. Rather than being a vigilante crim with no obvious allegiance, she instead just comes out of the shadows thanks to Bane unleashing all kinds of hell on Gotham. Prevents Spiderman 3 syndrome of too many villains!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I reckon she'll be the one pulling Bane's strings. That's probably the most spoilery pic I've seen yet actually, that outfit kind of gives away who she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Looks a lot better in the pic with the stuntwoman. Still a bit shocked that she is head gearless. It's a curious one, as looking at it from a secret identity point of view, it doesn't really work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Looks a lot better in the pic with the stuntwoman. Still a bit shocked that she is head gearless. It's a curious one, as looking at it from a secret identity point of view, it doesn't really work.

Reminds me of the eye-mask style from the 60's show.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_96uP6vDZMT8/S8xg-xssJ2I/AAAAAAAAKrM/SBhOKtuMukw/s1600/JULIE5.jpg

Mr. Denton wrote: »

Aye, it was the last interpretation that I expected Nolan to take inspiration from as well.

Nolan just keeps surprising me with the choices he's making for this film, I just hope it works out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Aye, it was the last interpretation that I expected Nolan to take inspiration from as well.

Nolan just keeps surprising me with the choices he's making for this film, I just hope it works out.

In fairness Julie Newmar is the hottest version of catwoman, so any similarity gets my thumbs up.

Mr. Denton wrote: »
    In fairness Julie Newmar is the hottest version of catwoman, so any similarity gets my thumbs up.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of this:

Catwoman721.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

Not sure it's been mentioned in this thread, but there is a guy from Limerick "kevin Kiely" is in a few scenes...... Not sure what level his part is but good to have an Irish guy to look out for.

Advertisement