Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr. Denton wrote: »
    In fairness Julie Newmar is the hottest version of catwoman, so any similarity gets my thumbs up.

Not seen the..er..slightly raunchier Batman movie from a couple of years ago with Tori Black as Catwoman eh?? :pac:

Tori-Black-as-Catwoman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

tantipie wrote: »
    Not sure it's been mentioned in this thread, but there is a guy from Limerick "kevin Kiely" is in a few scenes...... Not sure what level his part is but good to have an Irish guy to look out for.

Think he is an extra is a couple of scenes and he will be in another big film whose name escapes me right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

syklops wrote: »
    I am maybe not understanding your post, I dont know where you got the through the back of the head idea from, aside from previous incarnations of Bane.
    Apparently Bane will be more true to his comic version, e.g. super-intelligent and super-strong, rather than moronic henchman as in Batman:TAS and the movie Batman and Robin,
    The back of the head was how it was in the comics. it was pretty much one of the few things the B&R film got right (the other being the mask)
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Costume is sound, I doubt those goggles are part of it, probably serve some functional purpose for whatever she is up to in that scene!
    I heard about the goggles ages ago, it was based on a paticular version from the comics, the one that was most functional/tactical and not a animal gimic
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I reckon she'll be the one pulling Bane's strings. That's probably the most spoilery pic I've seen yet actually, that outfit kind of gives away who she is.

I don't thnk anyone is pulling his strings. A lot of people are going to have preconceptions based on the last movie (as above), and they'll be way off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

the_monkey wrote: »

don't think so, no.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

the_monkey wrote: »

Well it's the Official Dark Knight Rises trailer and I saw Aeon Flux, Equilibrium, Se7en, Harry Brown, Insomnia and others in there (not to mention copious amounts from the first 2x Batman movies too.

I'm gonna guess ... no. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fan/fake trailers make baby jesus cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

krudler wrote: »
    fan/fake trailers make baby jesus cry

what sad bastards make them that is what worry's me the most about fake trailers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I was hoping for something more along the lines of this

She's like that in the new Batman : Arkham City game later this year.

batman_arkham_city_catwoman-2.jpg

I do like having two different visions out there, Arkham games more like the comic-books, and Nolan's version :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Is Robin Williams gonna be in it ?

• Advertisement

jcf wrote: »
    Is Robin Williams gonna be in it ?

yes, as Batman.

actually I'd pay to see that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

Kess73 wrote: »
    tantipie wrote: »
    Not sure it's been mentioned in this thread, but there is a guy from Limerick "kevin Kiely" is in a few scenes...... Not sure what level his part is but good to have an Irish guy to look out for.

Think he is an extra is a couple of scenes and he will be in another big film whose name escapes me right now.
    War worlds... Brad pitt in it too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

yes, as Batman.

actually I'd pay to see that

:D !!!

nice one !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

This is hugely spoiler tastic by the by!!! Gives away some more info on Hardy's take on Bane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

Right. That's it! Want to watch clip but have decided NO MORE SPOILERS!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yea I'm staying away from clips, pictures are grand and all but the clips could spoil loads. The amount of stuff leaking on this is mad, makes me wonder if it's not all an elaborate viral campaign.

Spoiler from clip above
    "heh heh heh look at my smoking hole" - Who the f8ck recorded this? Beavis and Butthead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

why does he sound retarted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

caspa307 wrote: »
    why does he sound retarted?

Hardy mentioned that he can't talk properly with the mask on, so I imagine that a lot of work will be done redubbing his lines post production.

Apparently Bale can't hear **** with the cowl on as well. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yea, I imagine Hardy wouldn't be able to talk properly with that thing on his face, nobody could.

Still, I wonder if that will be his voice
    sounded very paaaaaaaawsh!
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

After that clip being added to the thread, I feel I must bow out of this topic till next year. Goodbye Batman! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Corkfeen wrote: »
    After that clip being added to the thread, I feel I must bow out of this topic till next year. Goodbye Batman! :rolleyes:
    I'm gona have to unfollow this thread too.

One of the reasons I enjoyed TDK so much is that I knew nothing about the film going into it.

Too many spoilers popping up here and afraid to look at them in case they ruin the film for me.

Laters :)

annnnd I'm done with this thread. this movie is going to be ruined by the time it gets released.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

annnnd I'm done with this thread. this movie is going to be ruined by the time it gets released.

You won't need to watch this movie by the time all the spoilers are done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

To be fair, everything we've gotten in terms of spoilers so far are pretty hard to put into context. We still know jack about the plot and the motivations of the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

baza1976 wrote: »
    War worlds... Brad pitt in it too

*World War Z.

Also must now avoid ALL spoilers from now on!!!! Im sure i will fail though.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You know you don't have to watch the videos...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It seems that another very expensive IMAX camera was destroyed on Friday when Hathaway's stunt double drove the Batpod into it. Same thing happened on TDK. Those things cost a fortune.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

It seems that another very expensive IMAX camera was destroyed on Friday when Hathaway's stunt double drove the Batpod into it. Same thing happened on TDK. Those things cost a fortune.

As far as I know there was only four IMAX cameras made. So Nolan's crew have broken two, oops. I wonder will they be allowed near one of the remaining two?

Advertisement