Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Apparently the camera is insured for $500,000. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is the whole thing being shot in IMAX this time? such a pain in the balls we dont have an imax screen here, I'd consider taking a trip to Belfast or over to the UK to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Blured

krudler wrote: »
    Is the whole thing being shot in IMAX this time? such a pain in the balls we dont have an imax screen here, I'd consider taking a trip to Belfast or over to the UK to see it

I think there are plans for an IMAX in the new cinema complex opening down by the O2 in Dublin

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118037789?categoryid=4076&cs=1&cmpid=RSS%7CNews%7CLatestNews

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

krudler wrote: »

Not sure if it's all being shot IMAX since it hasn't been fully confirmed but far more shots than TDK will be in that format. I imagine most of the film will be shot that way bar some moments with dialogue since they're so noisy.

I saw from the Bane vs Batman pedestrian footage a while back that they were using an IMAX camera for that set.

Still, if WB have to pay up for the camera it'll be a small drop in the ocean to the profits this will take in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The IMAX cameras are probably still too cumbersome and the film stock too expensive to shoot everything using them. But hopefully most if not all of the action scenes will be shot on IMAX as it should force Nolan to adjust his framing and editing to make the action semi-coherent.

I'm kinda hoping he might shoot the 35mm scenes in 1.85:1/1.78:1 to match the IMAX scenes. It doesn't really make sense to be shooting half the film in anamorphic 2.35:1 when the rest of the film is being shot in 1.44:1. I don't think Nolan uses 2.35:1 particularly well anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Was Inception shot using entirely IMAX? I remember Nolan did say he would shoot all of one of his upcoming films using the tech.

I saw the Dark Knight in IMAX over in Canada, and it was great when it was IMAX, but being honest the shift in aspect ratio was a bit peculiar in all the other scenes. Indeed, the Blu-Ray shows how stunning the IMAX stuff looks but you're brought swiftly back to borders after you're taunted with full screen goodness. It's a strange compromise to have to make.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There was no IMAX used in Inception, but a few scenes were shot in 65mm. It's mostly 35mm though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Not that its something we dont all know.

But i'm willing bet everything I have that come October 31st 2012 you will see nothing but Bane's walking around the place :rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

So long as there's a majority of Catwomen I'll be happy

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Boo Radley wrote: »
    As far as I know there was only four IMAX cameras made. So Nolan's crew have broken two, oops. I wonder will they be allowed near one of the remaining two?

Six actually :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

26 actually :rolleyes: (plus that was 2 years ago)

http://gizmodo.com/5271638/a-rare-tour-of-imax-cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What an arrogant post.

He was referring to the one type of IMAX camera model in which only 4 exist.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

There's nothing more satisfying than seeing somebody who used rolleyes proved wrong.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Duggy747 wrote: »
    What an arrogant post.

He was referring to the one type of IMAX camera model in which only 4 exist.

Sorry. I didn't mean to come across as arrogant :o
    Shouldn't have used rolleyeyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i just saw the 'catwoman' picture O_O my thoughts? drama happened between anne and wayne (the bike is 100% batbike) and then anne gets corrupted somehow later turn into catwoman. doesnt sound right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

More pics from the stadium scene that was videoed a few posts back.
    Posted on Aintitcool news, sorry if this has been posted already. The more pictures I see of this film, the worse it looks. I know its early days, but its a tad worrying.

Spoilers obviously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,394 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There was no IMAX used in Inception, but a few scenes were shot in 65mm. It's mostly 35mm though.

Yeah didn't think it had been, tracked down the rumours that had planted that idea in my head: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Dark-Knight-Sequel-Being-Shot-Entirely-In-IMAX-14518.html But in the two years since we have gone from 'entirely IMAX' to 'more IMAX': http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/the-dark-knight-rises-begins-production-and-will-have-more-imax/

Oh well, not like it really matters for us Irish shmucks anyway *shakes fist at Cineworld*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

cursai wrote: »

Jiminey Cricket mate, you don't need to spoiler tag a URL :D

Edit: Thanks :D

rossc007 wrote: »
    Jiminey Cricket mate, you don't need to spoiler tag a URL :D

Edit: Thanks :D

Cant figure out how to make a link into a line of text!
    Anyway i'd advise not watching the link. Starting to have enough spoilers to create the entire movie in my head!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bown 1

oookkkk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    More pics from the stadium scene that was videoed a few posts back.
    Posted on Aintitcool news, sorry if this has been posted already. The more pictures I see of this film, the worse it looks. I know its early days, but its a tad worrying.

Spoilers obviously.

People really need to stop looking at these spoilers.

Its like watching Babestation.
    I know its bad but i want more and its always a letdown!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

DrumSteve wrote: »
    People really need to stop looking at these spoilers.

You are dead right.

Could this be some kind of new viral thing tho, as in are these leaks intentional? Flip all was leaked from BB or TDK if I remember correctly.

These set photos definitely aren't been released intentionally. They do more harm to the film than good as they get viewed by people who aren't used to seeing set photos and think this is how the film is going to look. It's hard to keep scenes being shot in a football stadium involving thousands of extras secret. They knew most of this stuff would come out which is why they released the shot of Hathaway on the Batpod. In terms of plot, there hasn't really been any substantial leaks yet. Everything we've seen so far has a pretty good chance of being in the trailer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Didnt Hathaway drive the Batpod into a camera? Women drivers :pac:
    Chris O'Donell crashed the Batmobile while they were shooting Batman Forever so it seems easily enough done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Chris O'Donell crashed the Batmobile while they were shooting Batman Forever so it seems easily enough done.

I think perhaps he was trying to save his career ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I don't get it,
    One minute
    they are fighting and wrestling about
    then the next
    Batman and Bane and laughing and joking and slapping on the back. Maybe Batman turns bad in this film and teams up with Bane, and Hathaway has to become Gothams new hero, prob explains why she is on the Bat bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

Mellor wrote: »

I don't get it,
    One minute
    they are fighting and wrestling about
    then the next
    Batman and Bane and laughing and joking and slapping on the back. Maybe Batman turns bad in this film and teams up with Bane, and Hathaway has to become Gothams new hero, prob explains why she is on the Bat bike.

I really can't tell if your being very witty or very stupid, please tell me its witty!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

These set photos definitely aren't been released intentionally. They do more harm to the film than good as they get viewed by people who aren't used to seeing set photos and think this is how the film is going to look. It's hard to keep scenes being shot in a football stadium involving thousands of extras secret. They knew most of this stuff would come out which is why they released the shot of Hathaway on the Batpod. In terms of plot, there hasn't really been any substantial leaks yet. Everything we've seen so far has a pretty good chance of being in the trailer.

They are bad alright. Like you just know the ...
    stadium scene will appear to have a full house attending the game... but then i will remember these photos and only about 1 section of people were actually there. It does spoil the magic. Like hearing a director scream cut at the end of a scene while watching :P

Advertisement