Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

6482dac7ec654f58a3cb185ed9fbc9e7_7.jpg

What the f is going on in this film? July can't come soon enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

6482dac7ec654f58a3cb185ed9fbc9e7_7.jpg

What the f is going on in this film? July can't come soon enough

more than likely carnage from the tumblers

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ricero wrote: »
    more than likely carnage from the tumblers

Or a still from The Blues Brothers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Cat womans driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

well, in the new movies is is all explained quite handily - no idea about the batcave, but the suit, bat mobile, gadgets - all explained.

It was "explained", but its wasn't a good explaination. The idea that WayneCorp design the tumbler, bat suit etc for the military was used as a reason. That's fine, but there would of been lots of people working on it, but none of these peopel recalled it when they car was running about the city.
    Basically lots of people would of been in cotact with the various items, but we have to ignore this and accept that "it's for the military". The batcave is no different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

He could say with the inevitible global recession/depression he's building a big vault under the house,

converting all his stock to gold and storing it in this large warehouse under his house as he doesn't trust the banks.

Or he's been playing Fallout/Watching the walking dead for so long he's building a vault so he can live in when China goes to war with the US or protection from a zombie attack.

Make up something crazy "eccentric" and people won't bat an eyelid. Just crazy ol Bruce Wayne

Pretty much become Howard Hughes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 silvershark

allanb49 wrote: »
    He could say with the inevitible global recession/depression he's building a big vault under the house,

converting all his stock to gold and storing it in this large warehouse under his house as he doesn't trust the banks.

Or he's been playing Fallout/Watching the walking dead for so long he's building a vault so he can live in when China goes to war with the US or protection from a zombie attack.

Make up something crazy "eccentric" and people won't bat an eyelid. Just crazy ol Bruce Wayne

Pretty much become Howard Hughes.

Well he did burn the house down on the night of his birthday so easy to say he's crazy.

Surely a confidentiallity agreement must be part of the contract for the construction works. I'm sure there's plenty of high secruity buildings around the world that have been built and people aren't going around with plans of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Mellor wrote: »
    It was "explained", but its wasn't a good explaination. The idea that WayneCorp design the tumbler, bat suit etc for the military was used as a reason. That's fine, but there would of been lots of people working on it, but none of these peopel recalled it when they car was running about the city.
    Basically lots of people would of been in cotact with the various items, but we have to ignore this and accept that "it's for the military". The batcave is no different

I think the revelation by the accountant in TDK was quite a good way of dealing with this.

At the end of the day, it is still a comic book movie. They have only so much space and time to detail the batmobile's origins, a defunct military project was reasonably plausible. Besides, how many people have seen the batmobile, or the suit? He runs around at night, under cover of dark. Even the footage of the tumbler on TV in begins was difficult to make out, I doubt even the Tumbler designers would have recognized it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭pah

true,from our perspective we see and know everything, but thats not joe "movie character" publics perception is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Christ I hate set pics yet I cant stop looking!
    Somebody gouge my eyes out until release. Its the only solution I can think of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Gary Oldman's sister is Big Moe from Eastenders?

LOL_WUT_PEAR.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Gary Oldman's sister is Big Moe from Eastenders?

Yip
    Laila Morse (born Maureen Oldman on 1 August 1945 in Dorking, Surrey) is an English actress, best known for playing Mo Harris in BBC series EastEnders and Janet in the 1997 movie Nil by Mouth (which was written and directed by her younger brother, Hollywood actor Gary Oldman).
    "Laila Morse" is an anagram of an Italian phrase for "my sister" (Mia Sorella) - a name she got from Oldman's then girlfriend Isabella Rossellini.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laila_Morse

jasus its gone very quiet in this thread time to show of some cool spoilers.

remember the truck scene in the dark knight i think this could beat it a armored truck vs the bat - copter

also rumors doing the rounds that the ending is so secretive it will be entirely filmed in vfx :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22 eroticvultcha

My face when I heard the latest speculation. tumblr_lrxs9owV3C1r3z2e2o1_500.jpg

also rumors doing the rounds that the ending is so secretive it will be entirely filmed in vfx :(

If i had a Chris Nolan facepalm picture i'd stick it in now.

Seriously, the chances of one of Hollywoods most notable anti CGI directors, doing a CGI ending to his Magnum Opus is virtually non existant

Seriously, the chances of one of Hollywoods most notable anti CGI directors, doing a CGI ending to his Magnum Opus is virtually non existant
    Yea I can't see him doing it myself but the guy who broke the bat - coptor story said the ending would be filmed in vfx. Still I call bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭plastic glass

According to Latinoreview VFX does not mean just CGI but can include stuff like animatronics and models as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I wouldn't say he's anto cgi, he just uses it to compliment other methods where soe directors use it like a 16 year old applying make up.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fontanalis wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he's anto cgi, he just uses it to compliment other methods where soe directors use it like a 16 year old applying make up.

+1 on this, he uses it where it needs to be used, not in place of practical effects, its been mentioned countless times on here but Inception is a perfect example of how to do a big effects movie with minimal cgi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

krudler wrote: »
    +1 on this, he uses it where it needs to be used, not in place of practical effects, its been mentioned countless times on here but Inception is a perfect example of how to do a big effects movie with minimal cgi.

Unlike James Cameron who demands we watch 2 hours of CGI waved infront of our faces with a little story tacked on.

hightower1 wrote: »
    Unlike James Cameron who demands we watch 2 hours of CGI waved infront of our faces with a little story tacked on.

Indded, but yet Cameron was a director who used cgi to augment the story rather than overtake it in his previous movies, Titanic had brilliant use of it and still relied on massive practical sets, same as T2, which has to this day some of the best stunt work ever along with groundbreaking effects. there's room for both cgi and practical, anything involving massive landcapes or the need to elaborate existing sets= cgi fine, replacing stuntmen and prosthetic makeup= cgi bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Only thing I know about the ending is that Nolan hasn't committed it to paper so as to stop any possible leaks. So, at the moment, only a handul of people would know the ending before they film it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You'd wonder if this decision to keep the ending scenes secret will ultimately backfire; everyone (and by everyone I mostly mean the set-spies, fans desperate to know every detail) will be be chasing the production to the ends of the earth to catch a glimpse of the final scenes, now that they are a state-secret.

So really, the only way the ending can remain a total secret (beyond being 100% FX) would be if it were filmed on a closed set / soundstage, or that in the script it occurs in an utterly remote location, virtually impossible to get to by an overeager onlooker with a cameraphone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'll be in my bunk.

I like it, nothing over the top, fits in with the universe they've established, cant complain really

According to Latinoreview VFX does not mean just CGI but can include stuff like animatronics and models as well.

SFX = Special effects, which includes animatronics and models.
    VFX = Virtual effects, which would mean CGI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Mellor wrote:
    VFX = Virtual effects, which would mean CGI

VFX stands for visual effects and includes a lot more than just CGI.

• Advertisement

So is there any difference between special effects and visual effects? I'm still not convinced he's use VFX in order to keep it a secret, he only appears to use FX when he absolutely has to.
    I always took VFX to mean Virtual, sort of like what they called CGI in the early days. My bad there.

Advertisement