Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

ricero wrote: »
    i dunno i just have a feeling that the studio would want robin to be introduced to the frachise. i know JGL is suppose to play a character called john blake but didnt they hide the fact that liam nesson was ra al ghul in the first film. also wasnt one of the robins not a cop before in the comics ?

also JGL was seen filming scenes outside an orphanage during filming

He's much too old to be Robin I think. I guess I wouldn't rule it out though, I never expected Catwoman to show up in the Nolan Bats universe either.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,269 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

i still have a sneaky film joseph gordon levitt will be revealed to be robin

I be fairly confident that this won't happen.
    i dunno i just have a feeling that the studio would want robin to be introduced to the frachise.

Nolan Veto'd Robin ages ago. Before the studio even thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

i dunno i just have a feeling that the studio would want robin to be introduced to the frachise. i know JGL is suppose to play a character called john blake but didnt they hide the fact that liam nesson was ra al ghul in the first film. also wasnt one of the robins not a cop before in the comics ?

also JGL was seen filming scenes outside an orphanage during filming

All the robins in the comics took on the mantle as teenagers.

But both versions of
    Azrael
    were grown men when they got the role, and the first version played a major part in the Knightsaga. If Nolan decides to have Banes break the bat at some point, then it would not be too much of a stretch to see him draw influence from the
    Azrael
    character. What makes me think that he may draw influence from both versions of that character is the fact that the second version, who was a Gotham city cop, had his storyline tie in quite a bit with Talia al Ghul who is meant to be played by Marion Cotillard in the new film.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Bane and Batman just having a bit of a leisurely chat here!!

Batman: "Go easy on the back would you"
    Bane: "not the face!"

PA-12020024.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

There's a deadly photo in those set of pics where it looks like Bane and Bats are squaring up to each other in front of a crowd before coming to blows.

EDIT

618w_movies_dark_knight_rises_set_15.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

the 6 minute prologue got a pg 13 rating as it contains violence. i defiantly think we will be seeing some back breaking in the prologue

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

There's a deadly photo in those set of pics where it looks like Bane and Bats are squaring up to each other in front of a crowd before coming to blows.

EDIT

618w_movies_dark_knight_rises_set_15.jpg

Looks like bats is about to give him a peck on the cheek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know they are going for the realism but could they not have totally over-muscled the Bane character. He looks as menacing as a wet fart in those pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I know they are going for the realism but could they not have totally over-muscled the Bane character. He looks as menacing as a wet fart in those pictures.

Yeah, I know what you mean.
    But within saying that the actor who would then play bane would need to be on a mental amount of 'roids. Hardy seems to have the body he had previously in the fighter. Which he was no small dude. And lets be honest, Money is on he is still on steroids during this production.

So I guess it comes down to not having it every way. Im sure they could of found some 6ft4 inch, 20 stone dude of pure steroid muscle. But they'd probably be a bad actor. Think WWE Wrestler John Cena, he has the build, But terrible terrible actor :pac: So i guess it was a choice of casting someone terrible at acting ... but looks the part. Or cast Hardy, a good actor he has a good build. But meaning bane would have to be much much smaller.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hardy is more than muscular enough. The problem is his height. At first I thought Nolan was going to use camera tricks to make him look bigger, but it seems not. I don't think it really matters. There's a danger of overplaying Bane's strength and turning him to a big brute. What makes Bane such a formidable foe isn't his strength, it's his intellect. I know in the comics there was probably a need to make him twice the size of Batman, but in the film as long as he comes across as being at least physically equal to Batman then I think Nolan will have gotten it right.

• Advertisement

tom-hardy-27.jpg

i think Hardy can pul it off.
    LighterGuy wrote: »
    Yeah, I know what you mean.
    But within saying that the actor who would then play bane would need to be on a mental amount of 'roids. Hardy seems to have the body he had previously in the fighter. Which he was no small dude. And lets be honest, Money is on he is still on steroids during this production.
    So?

Mellor wrote: »
    tom-hardy-27.jpg

i think Hardy can pul it off.

So?

My point is that he will be big enough to play Nolan's version of bane!

I got the first bit, I just wasn't sure what the being steroids had to do with anything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

You know you're basing your judgements off unofficial set photos? Not sure its fair to judge bane's appearance until we see him onscreen, as he's meant to be seen. Sure look at Batman himself: Christianbale looks ludicrous & cumbersome in that costume. Onscreen? Badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

That's a wrap.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,236 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pixelburp wrote: »
    You know you're basing your judgements off unofficial set photos? Not sure its fair to judge bane's appearance until we see him onscreen, as he's meant to be seen. Sure look at Batman himself: Christianbale looks ludicrous & cumbersome in that costume. Onscreen? Badass.

Agreed. Modern film making techniques can make Tom Cruise look like a normal sized adult male, I doubt we have too much to worry about making Tom Hardy look menacing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

but Bane is meant to be super intelligent as well not just a massive guy. I'd rather a good actor bulked up than some massive wrestler who cant act. if he could act well enough then Nathan Jones would have been a great choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Is there anywhere on the net that we can see the leaked prologue??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Where'd you hear it was leaked?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It leaked? News to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,292 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It hasn't leaked. What "leaked" recently was a supposed blow-by-blow, written, account of what the prologue consisted of. This came from a random member of IMDB's forums who claimed to have seen the prologue, and so wrote up a breakdown of the scenes. It had a certain air of authenticity about it, but equally could have been a compete fake. Either possibilities are as likely. Certainly I don't believe IMDB to be a reliable source of scoops.

I believe that the prologue will eventually be released first in IMAX cinemas, attached to some movie whose name I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

It hasn't leaked. What "leaked" recently was a supposed blow-by-blow, written, account of what the prologue consisted of. This came from a random member of IMDB's forums who claimed to have seen the prologue, and so wrote up a breakdown of the scenes. It had a certain air of authenticity about it, but equally could have been a compete fake.

I believe that the prologue will eventually be released first in IMAX cinemas, attached to some movie whose name I can't remember.

The prologue has been linked with MI4: Ghost Protocol. There's also rumours of a full length trailer before the Sherlock Holmes movie in December. Time will tell if either of these stories are true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

It hasn't leaked. What "leaked" recently was a supposed blow-by-blow, written, account of what the prologue consisted of. This came from a random member of IMDB's forums who claimed to have seen the prologue, and so wrote up a breakdown of the scenes. It had a certain air of authenticity about it, but equally could have been a compete fake. Either possibilities are as likely. Certainly I don't believe IMDB to be a reliable source of scoops.

I've heard 3 or 4 accounts of the prologue now, all completely different

So does that mean Irish audiences wont see the prologue because we dont have an IMAX cinema, or will they put it on regular screenings?

Wait, so this prologue is going to be seperate from the actual film?? I just presumed everyone was referring to the opening scenes of the movie.

krudler wrote: »
    but Bane is meant to be super intelligent as well not just a massive guy. I'd rather a good actor bulked up than some massive wrestler who cant act. if he could act well enough then Nathan Jones would have been a great choice

Speaking of wrestlers, Robert Swenson, the guy who played Bane in Batman and Robin was actually a wrestler too.

Freaky, I knew he passed on but didnt know he passed on 2 months after the films release.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Edz87 wrote: »
    So does that mean Irish audiences wont see the prologue because we dont have an IMAX cinema, or will they put it on regular screenings?

There's no IMAX in Ireland?! :eek:

How are we meant to watch The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX then :(

A poor quality cam of the prologue will probably be leaked on the net along with a detailed description, but otherwise, no, we will not get to see it here in Ireland until the entire film is released.

Closest thing to production stills in a while:

cbyOb.jpg

Not sure what that thing Bats is holding, looks like an external hard drive :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hardy looking massive, maybe that thing Bats has is that electrical gadget he uses i Arkham City. :pac:

Advertisement