Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The chanting in the promo.
    People could go online and record their version of it. Then they sample it to make the chants that appear in the movie (im assuming it appears in scene somewhere)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Here's the link

http://www.ujam.com/campaigns/darkknightrises/introduction

You have till the end of the month to add your voice to the chant

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

An interesting snippet from an interview with Gary Oldman, nothing too spoilery.

http://io9.com/5866162/the-latest-top-choices-to-play-the-main-villain-in-the-star-trek-sequel-plus-crucial-details-about-peter-wellers-character
    Gary Oldman talks some more about Jim Gordon's role in the movie, in the process revealing how Harvey Dent will have at least a small presence in the film:

"We find [Gordon] — obviously I can't give too much away because I'm sworn to secrecy — but when we meet him, things are calmer in Gotham. It's reminiscent of the Gordon that we met in the first one. There's a world-weariness to him, and even though things on the surface are now calmer, he's cleaned up Gotham with the Harvey Dent Act, it's seething underneath."

He doesn't elaborate on exactly what the Harvey Dent Act is, but I think it's safe to assume it's some way of beefing up the city's law enforcement powers. [Moviefone]

I wonder what the Harvey Dent Act is? I think some kind of anti-organised crime act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I wonder what the Harvey Dent Act is? I think some kind of anti-organised crime act.

Dent is still alive and performing a one man show off broadway?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It lends credence to the idea that things are relatively peaceful during the 8 year gap before Bane arrives on the scene. So it's possible Batman will be in a state of semi-retirement at the start of the film. Personally I really like this idea as it means the end of TDK (Batman taking the fall for Harvey, etc) really meant something in the long-run.

And I actually think if you really listen to what Gordon says in the TDK epilogue it supports the idea that Batman is going away and isn't needed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hawesome145

Who is Dr Leonid Pavel....

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Extra died on set during Wall Street filming

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NerdyGeek/news/?a=50865

RIP

EDIT: Also it looks like a trailer could be released later today if this countdown is anything to go by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

*PROLOGUE DESCRIPTION SPOILERS*
    After a brief introduction by director Christopher Nolan, Warner Bros. screened roughly the first seven minutes of The Dark Knight Rises for an eager collection of media at the Universal City IMAX theater. The prologue begins where The Dark Knight left off, with Commissioner Gordon's public eulogy of the late District Attorney Harvey Dent before segueing to a massive action set-piece set somewhere in the Central Asian wilderness.

The prologue ties directly in with the viral marketing campaign "Operation Early Bird" and the "leaked CIA memos" about missing Russian nuclear physicist Dr. Leonid Pavel (Alon Abutbul). As the viral marketing materials have established, the CIA is making a deal with local militia to turn Dr. Pavel over to them. Needless to say, Bane throws a wrench into the CIA's machine. Consider yourself warned about reading on from here, but per the studio we're forbidden from giving you a blow-by-blow account of the IMAX prologue.

The CIA picks up their prisoner, Dr. Pavel, from some local militia who also offer the spies a bonus: Three prisoners with ties to the notorious masked mercenary known as "Bane." As the CIA's black ops flight soars over the countryside (this was the sequence shot over Scotland that included a stuntman plunging into a local's roof!), we soon realize the CIA agent (played by The Wire and Game of Thrones' Aidan Gillen) is not as in control as he believes.

Long story short and no real surprise: One of the masked prisoners is in fact Bane. The CIA are, in fact, his prisoner. The CIA agents learn the hard way not to mess with Bane in a mid-air action sequence that could only be more Bond-like if it ended with a Carly Simon song playing over the opening credits.

Overall, this was a very sweet action set-piece (accomplished using mostly practical effects) that hearkened back to The Dark Knight in a couple of key ways: It opens with introducing the main villain already established and in mid-crime, and uses a set-piece that nods to the CIA "Skyhook" extraction maneuver Batman borrowed for his Hong Kong mission in the last film.

We have one major gripe with this otherwise very cool action-packed opening: No one could understand what Bane was saying! I spoke to a number of people afterward and we all had trouble making out what Bane was saying. I understand wanting the audience to pay close attention, but Bane's voice is muffled by his mask. Bane's words are important to the plot and help explain why he and his henchmen are willing to sacrifice themselves to accomplish their mission. Hardy's Bane voice sounded distinct and cool, but again it's pretty important that we hear exactly what he's saying! Here's hoping they dub Hardy's voice to a higher decibel level in post so that nothing's left to chance.

The prologue ended with a brief sizzle reel (not all of which, we learned after, will make it into the upcoming new Dark Knight Rises trailer). There was brief new footage of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman and Selina Kyle, Christian Bale as Batman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt's John Blake, the new Bat-aerial assault vehicle, massive brawling on the streets of wintry Gotham, and, of course, Hardy as Bane. The final awesome shot of Bane will send a chill up the spine of every Bat-fan!

http://ie.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1214310p1.html
    Awfully disappointing about the alleged issues with the voice, I'm sure Nolan will fix it post production, but jesus I would have hoped that he would have already had the time to properly dub 6 minutes of footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hawesome145

www.operationearlybird.com
    referred to in one of the viral CIA documents, go here and there is a counter counting down, should reach zero at 6 this eve. Speculation as to what it might be but internet sites (as per IMDB) reckon its either the prologue or trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

www.operationearlybird.com
    referred to in one of the viral CIA documents, go here and there is a counter counting down, should reach zero at 6 this eve. Speculation as to what it might be but internet sites (as per IMDB) reckon its either the prologue or trailer.

Not long to go!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

what do you think it will be ? hope its a trailer or prologue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Elessar

Aaaaand it's down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Lol, too many peeps on the site I imagine.

yup its down for me aswell. anyway have a clue to what it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Nothing:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

Elessar wrote: »
    Aaaaand it's down.

If at first you don't succeed, refresh and refresh again.

Boo Radley wrote: »
    If at first you don't succeed, refresh and refresh again.

what is it have you seen it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Well the address seems to indicate it's some kind of map...

Got it there:
    It's a map of America with 7 points marked on it; each with the time 10pm and date 13/12/2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

???????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Its like a bad grand theft auto map!!!!

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Got it there:
    It's a map of America with 7 points marked on it; each with the time 10pm and date 13/12/2011.
    I presume that these locations will probably show the first screening of the prologues. Early bird and all that.

Sorry, 9 points on a map. Shows the locations of 9 differrent IMAX theatres. Probably when and where they will be showing the prolouge or trailer.

Should I even be spoilering this? It's there for all to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Sorry, 9 points on a map. Shows the locations of 9 differrent IMAX theatres. Probably when and where they will be showing the prolouge or trailer.
    Any of them points in Raheny by any chance? :pac:

First showings of the prologue?

More lights added. Some in the UK now.

Select buy tickets when zoomed in and you see:

"A special preview screening showing the six-minute opening sequence of The Dark Knight Rises, the final instalment of Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy"

major letdown

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    major letdown

Aye. Mind you I entered the longitude and latitude of the cinema in London and got 'invalid coordinates' returned.

Perhaps the correct coordinates reveals something else.

Advertisement