Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

It's a world map of cinemas showing early previews of the prologue, I just got my 2 tickets. You have to enter the GPS co-ords of the cinema

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Aye. Mind you I entered the longitude and latitude of the cinema in London and got 'invalid coordinates' returned.

Perhaps the correct coordinates reveals something else.

worked for me

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

If you go on to http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/ there's some stuff going down

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

al28283 wrote: »
    worked for me

I've tried again and getting the same result. Tried it with and without the '-'.

It's a bit useless anyway since all you have to do is double click near a point and it zoom in until you are given a link to buy tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If you go on to http://www.thedarkknightrises.com/ there's some stuff going down

yup numbers being spoken maybe it has something to do with the map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

ricero wrote: »
    yup numbers being spoken maybe it has something to do with the map

Aye, it's coordinates for the cinemas. They work. I was using points in my coordinates, hence why they didn't work for me.

Anyone going to the one in London on the 14th?

Boo Radley wrote: »
    I've tried again and getting the same result. Tried it with and without the '-'.

It's a bit useless anyway since all you have to do is double click near a point and it zoom in until you are given a link to buy tickets.

BFI London is 51.5, -0.11

The tickets are free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Jesus, not out until July...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

ninner ninner ninner ninner! Awwww :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Latest poster!!

388201_291832944188412_100000851266006_776367_261616333_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

randymarshjizznqfdt.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That is freakin awesome.

Its on the website if ye wanna check it out. Very nice poster, trailer arriving next week i think happy days!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Latest poster!!

388201_291832944188412_100000851266006_776367_261616333_n.jpg

There's a problem with the graphite in the mask. The next 10,000 will be up to specifications

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hardy's arms look absolutely massive, I don't care if they've been enhanced for the poster or not, it still makes me very happy. :pac:

The smashed mask is a very powerful image, I'd love it if Bane did that with his bare hands while Bruce is still wearing the mask, but that may be too violent for the kiddies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

posting again as the other one isnt showing for some reason:

384406_299571710083446_225034700870481_891498_1478366414_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Hardy's arms look absolutely massive, I don't care if they've been enhanced for the poster or not, it still makes me very happy. :pac:

The smashed mask is a very powerful image, I'd love it if Bane did that with his bare hands while Bruce is still wearing the mask, but that may be too violent for the kiddies.

Did you see him in Bronson? He was huge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

bertie4evr wrote: »

he's massive in Warrior as well (well worth a watch too)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

bertie4evr wrote: »

Aye I did, a lot of fans were concerned that he didn't look big enough for Bane. From the looks of things those fears have been allayed.

It's interesting, Nolan recently said that it was actually RocknRolla that was the first time he came across Tom and became interested in working with him. That was just solidified after he had seen Bronson.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Tom Hardy is gonna steal it i feel in this movie, the mans a brilliant actor and is so intense. cant wait to see what the chemistry is like between himself and bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I think the whole history about Bane being the one who "Broke the bat" gets everyone (including myself) extremely excited when we see pictures like that.

Can't wait to see what realism Nolan will bring to the character.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow; amid the mass of godawfully airbrushed / photoshoped posters out there, it's great to see something really well put together and with a bit of class. Officially excited now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,333 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm getting cryogenically frozen tomorrow.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm getting cryogenically frozen tomorrow.

Brings back memories of the xmas before the Dark Knight was released. Hope this week in work flies

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Thoms Yorkie Bars

I wish it was Friday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Just found out that the prologue is on in my local IMAX! Something to look forward to now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Can't believe this is the bottom of the thread. I NEED more info......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

the prologue is on before each screening of MI4 on IMAX, correct? going to see MI4 on friday, it'll be my first IMAX outing, really looking forward to it, hope MI4 will be up to scratch too.

Advertisement