Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    the prologue is on before each screening of MI4 on IMAX, correct? going to see MI4 on friday, it'll be my first IMAX outing, really looking forward to it, hope MI4 will be up to scratch too.

Not all IMAX screens no. I'd check in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

bugger! ah, i wont be too upset if i miss it, better to go into a movie as blind as possible, when I saw The Joker for the first time in TDK, i wasnt very aware of just how threatening Heath Ledger made him. That said, TDKR should be awesome!

ill look into it, cheers. 2 IMAX cinemas in downtown Toronto so surely, one of them has it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It's interesting, Nolan recently said that it was actually RocknRolla that was the first time he came across Tom and became interested in working with him. That was just solidified after he had seen Bronson.

Hardy assumed he was cast as Bane due to Bronson, when he met Nolan it was due to RocknRolla like you said. Turns out he never even see Bronson.

I never got why peopel were critical of Hardy being cast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Mellor wrote: »
    Hardy assumed he was cast as Bane due to Bronson, when he met Nolan it was due to RocknRolla like you said. Turns out he never even see Bronson.

I never got why peopel were critical of Hardy being cast

I would have assumed he got it based mostly on Bronson as well.

I saw Bronson before Hardy was announced to be playing Bane so I always had faith that he would own the role. But for a lot of fans, they would have only seen Hardy in Inception. Even now, on other boards that I'm a member of, they're still crying about Hardy's size even though he's looked like a beast in any official images or footage that we've seen.

TBH, I don't think many of them have watched Bronson, a lot of his detractors only began to come around to him as Bane after seeing him in Warrior.

He's fantastic in Warrior but for me, Bronson is still the better illustration of what the man is capable of within this role.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hawesome145

www.operationearlybird.com
    referred to in one of the viral CIA documents, go here and there is a counter counting down, should reach zero at 6 this eve. Speculation as to what it might be but internet sites (as per IMDB) reckon its either the prologue or trailer.

Bah, damn you Nolan you c**ktease. But I'll bet theres some secret co-ordinates that give you something special when entered, maybe in the CIA documents, must check that. Otherwise what was the point of the co-ordinates boxes when all you need do is clock on the dots on the map! Anyway roll on Friday for the trailer. Hope someone videos the prologue too, might get it on youtube early!

Just realised what a nerd I am...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    the prologue is on before each screening of MI4 on IMAX, correct? going to see MI4 on friday, it'll be my first IMAX outing, really looking forward to it, hope MI4 will be up to scratch too.

Has to be 70mm IMAX screens. Lucky git :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Honestly, I haven't seen all of Bronson - just bits and pieces, RocknRolla was the first proper movie I saw Hardy in and thought he was very good in it even though his role was small in comparison to others who featured in the movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

PaulieC wrote: »
    Honestly, I haven't seen all of Bronson - just bits and pieces, RocknRolla was the first proper movie I saw Hardy in and thought he was very good in it even though his role was small in comparison to others who featured in the movie.

hes amazing in bronson but his best work that i have seen him in is the sky 1 mini - series the take. amazing series and hardy steals it from start to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Will check that out cheers :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Audio of the prologue's leaked online. Bane sounds fantastic, imo

EDIT: Here it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

He does indeed. Would not know it's Hardy at all, thought he sounded a bit Russian at the start when you first hear the voice, but it's just the way the voice sounds.

The CIA agent sounds like a total **** stain.

And aye, I also dig the Bane voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

The CIA agent sounds like a total **** stain.

tumblr_lvmyw8HfbV1qcv6efo1_500.png

Is that him? Looks like one too so. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Has to be 70mm IMAX screens. Lucky git :(

neither cinema in toronto is advertising the Batman Prologue before MI4. I may not be seeing it after all. MI4 should be an event nonetheless and I'll probably still be here when TDKR comes on to IMAX, sweet!

how pissed would people in Ireland be if TDKR was released a week early on IMAX next year, id say a few here would make the trip over to the UK to see it as soon as possible, disaster Dublin doesnt an IMAX anymore, it would do well now

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Aiden Gillen is in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭CdeP

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Aiden Gillen is in this?

Reportedly playing the CIA agent featured in the prologue. Unconfirmed as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Aiden Gillen is in this?

I reckon his role will be somewhat similar to William Fitchner's at the start of the Dark Knight

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I reckon his role will be somewhat similar to William Fitchner's at the start of the Dark Knight

I get ya. I get the impression Nolan is deliberatley trying to mirror TDK in some ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭fruvai

CdeP wrote: »
    Reportedly playing the CIA agent featured in the prologue. Unconfirmed as of yet.

:confused: It was confirmed by the press who attended the prologue screening in LA last week. You can clearly tell that it's him by the leaked prologue audio too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Damn - the audio has been pulled down..:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

krudler wrote: »
    Dent is still alive and performing a one man show off broadway?

a half-man show right? or a two-man show i suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

EDIT: Here it is

WB B*stards took it down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭JoeyDoh

Video of the prologue avaliable here.
    http://www.4shared.com/video/rtJpFz5i/Turtles_Ducks_Kangaroos_Rooste.html

Looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Any of you watch the Venture Bros? Well Baron Underbheit was the first thing that popped into my head while watching that.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jesus that video's beyond terrible quality; I wouldn't recommend people wasting their bandwidth on it. Half the screen is cut off, and what you can see is zoomed in too far. Don't have audio here but I imagine it's no better than the audio-only recording embedded earlier in this thread. I'm not that desperate to the see the prologue that I'd waste my time on this bootleg copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

and its gone already :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Don't mind the title, it is actually the prologue :P

Advertisement