Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Someone giffed a short clip of Bane on the plane.

iTGsv70tSQO83.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Like something straight outta Goldfinger or Moonraker, I hope they sort out Banes voice though, its very hard to understand him, somebody freeze me and wake me up in 6 months.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

bullvine wrote: »
    Like something straight outta Goldfinger or Moonraker, I hope they sort out Banes voice though, its very hard to understand him, somebody freeze me and wake me up in 6 months.
    To be honest, I found it hard to understand everyone in that video, not just Bane. Don't think it's fair to judge Hardy's voice based on a poor-quality, cam recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I know what your saying but it looks like a common complaint from the reviews who have seen it in Imax!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

In an interview Nolan said they still had some sound work to do, but that people probably have difficulty understanding him because they can't see his lips moving. He was fairly dismissive of it, suggesting that people just watch the images instead.

All of this would have been ADR'd anyway. There's no way they'd be able to use production sound with those IMAX cameras during a big set-piece like that. The voice has clearly already been manipulated in post-production.

Personally I had no trouble understanding Bane, even with the crappy audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Hadn't a clue what Bane was saying most of the time, but I did watch it on my phone, might what it again at home on the PC, hopefully can hear it better then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm not gonna watch it, I'll wait for the trailer on Friday (hopefully).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I don't recommend anyone watch it. Sound is out of sync and the cinema camera is all over the place. I turned it off after 2 minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,502 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nope, it's sheer garbage quality; I wonder how long it took for the Joker prologue to appear in the public domain as a proper stream, in the months before The Dark Knight. That might give an idea of how long we have to wait ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The TDK prologue was never officially released online. It was in IMAX and on the BB blu-ray and that was it. Unless they have plans to re-release TDK on Blu-ray next year, crappy cams like the one posted earlier is probably the best we can hope for. The whole point of the prologue is to get people into IMAX cinemas. It's not in their interest to release it online.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The TDK prologue was never officially released online. It was in IMAX and on the BB blu-ray and that was it. Unless they have plans to re-release TDK on Blu-ray next year, crappy cams like the one posted earlier is probably the best we can hope for. The whole point of the prologue is to get people into IMAX cinemas. It's not in their interest to release it online.

I'm actually glad about this, I never saw the TDK prologue (don't recall hearing about either tbh, I presume it was just the heist scene?), and I'll be pretty happy if I make it to next summer not seeing the prologue to this either. I already know more than I would like about this movie as it is :)

Ah ok - my mistake. I had thought they did eventually release the Joker prologue online, after its appearance at the IMAX cinemas had run its course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

bullvine wrote: »
    I know what your saying but it looks like a common complaint from the reviews who have seen it in Imax!

This seems more an issue for Americans from what I've seen so far. Other nationalities don't seem to be that bothered by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

WatchWolf wrote: »

leaked prologue? awesome, crappy quality but that looks like an amazing sequence, Zimmers done it again with the score, sounds brilliant. some of the shots in the preview at the end are cool as well. cant wait to see a proper version of it

The prologue does sound amazing but the Bond/Inception comparisons are bothering me. I know that a lot of the film has been shot in daylight as well. I just hope that that this is a Batman film in both tone and spirit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The prologue does sound amazing but the Bond/Inception comparisons are bothering me. I know that a lot of the film has been shot in daylight as well. I just hope that that this is a Batman film in both tone and spirit.

Honestly, it kinda reminded me of Roger Moore era Bond. The whole sequence is unnecessarily complicated.

Honestly, it kinda reminded me of Roger Moore era Bond. The whole sequence is unnecessarily complicated.
    Maybe, though in fairness a large portion of the previous movies' set-pieces were themselves overly convoluted, or just plain OTT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

I'll wait to watch it tonight at the Imax :)

• Advertisement

al28283 wrote: »
    I'll wait to watch it tonight at the Imax :)

****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tonyob2

Dark Knight Rises insider notes
    STOP READING if you don't want to know anything about the upcoming Dark Knight Rises movie. These are just some plot points from an insider's point of view. Chris has vowed everyone to secrecy and no one, even the producers, know the full story. Talking about the plot amongst other crew members or the actors is highly taboo and honestly no one has attempted, at least in my circles. However, I will share what I know and trust this won't get disseminated too broadly. The film is approaching total editing phase and thus I am 100% sure that these events have been filmed and may only be altered due to editing.
    - Obviously, the sneak preview that was shown to the public is the beginning of the movie. Here we are introduced to Bane, in a sequence occurring immediately after the events of The Dark Knight.
    - Nolan's subtle political theme involves how much truth is too much, and how much is better left in the shadows. The city is distraught of the murder of Harvey Dent. Half the citizens call for the surrender or Batman, the other suspect a conspiracy. Bane begins an underground "truth" campaign, telling Gotham that Batman is actually just a political puppet and they are being lied to.
    - Bane is a cancer patient who's cancer has metastasized to his bones, causing excruciating pain. However, he refuses to be crippled by his disease. He regularly exercises, but only because he has custom aerosolized Dilaudid (an opiate pain medication) pumping through a mask.
    - Bane inspires Gotham in Batman's absence. People are moved by the cancer patient will to live and seek truth. Bane quickly organizes a militant rally to protest outside Mayor Garcia's office building.
    - Batman, in hiding, decides that Bane may share similar goals as an "idea" to inspire the people, but is concerned about Bane's methods. He monitors the rally, which soon turns violent, with the crowd clashing with the police.
    - Bane leads the charge and manages to break through the police line. Batman finally emerges from hiding. He briefly battles Bane but is sidetracked when a young police officer named John Blake is almost killed and Batman takes him aside to safety.
    - Bane reaches the mayor and takes him to the balcony. He forces Garcia to apologize for all the harm and corruption that has befallen Gotham over the past few years. The crowd hails Bane as a savior and the police are forced to stand down.
    - Later that night the National Guard is called in to restore order in Gotham, but in only a matter of hours, the entire city seems to be united under Bane's coup. They hail him as the virtual successor to Harvey Dent. Bane initially announces a quick and peaceful victory, but things get out of hand and law enforcement begins firing on the civilians and vice versa.
    - Batman tracks down Bane in the commotion in order to stop the crisis. However, Bane is fully ready for Batman and engages him in a physical battle.
    - Bane literally mutilates Batman for an extended torture sequence and unmasks him. He spares Bruce's life and also vows to never expose his identity, as long as Batman never returns. Bane takes Batman's cowl and holds it to the crowd and news cameras and declares victory over Batman and corruption.
    - John Blake takes Bruce into his car and drives him away to safety. Bruce gives him directions to Wayne Manor. The scene dims as Blake and Alfred tend to a literally crippled Bruce Wayne.
    8 years later
    - A new mayor has been reinstated into Gotham after the incident 8 years earlier. Martial law had been imposed on the city and nearly all of the politicians and law enforcement officers had resigned and been replaced. Crime has been at an all time low for years and everyone remembers the heroic efforts of the city's heroes Harvey Dent and Bane, the latter of which was reported to have died of cancer (this is all told through a news telecast via a documentary style sequence).
    - It turns out that the new administration in Gotham is highly manipulated and puppeteered by the League of Shadows, of which Bane is still alive and an active member of.
    - Bruce Wayne is a cripple, having gone through 8 years of agonizing physical and medical therapy. He walks with a cane. We see him coming to a gala promoting a new paradigm of police force in Gotham City. Here Bruce and others express their concern that the new police force is far too invasive of peoples' privacies and is unlawful. Lucius Fox is vehemently against this and later that week dies of questionable causes.
    - Bruce suspects foul play but cannot investigate because of his physical condition. His caretaker and girlfriend Selina Kyle has actually been training under Bruce all this time and agrees to investigate Fox's murder. She employs a cat burglar outfit and breaks into the mayor's building to find answers. She is discovered but gets away with crucial information linking the administration with Lucius Fox's death. She becomes a fugitive and cannot get to Bruce without compromising herself.
    - Meanwhile, the League of Shadows pushes the police force to go ahead with the plans. The police now don body armor and employ very lethal tactics. John Blake is a member of the elite task force but is uncomfortable with the situation.
    - Selina Kyle is taking refuge at former Commissioner Gordon's house. The elite police force raid the house, killing Gordon's wife and son, and injuring Gordon and his daughter. Gordon's daughter tries to rescue her father and a police enforcer goes to shoot her. Blake saves her by killing the officer. Blake then kills the rest of the squad in cold blood. He escapes with Selina, but leaves behind Gordon and his daughter because they are injured.
    - Bane and the League of Shadows hear of this and are angered, so they organize an assault on Wayne Manor. Blake and Selina rush to the Manor, but arrive too late. Bruce and Alfred have organized an elaborate defense, but ultimately Alfred is killed and Bruce is forced to hobble into the Batcave for safety.
    - Bane comes down into the Batcave to finish off Bruce, but Blake arrives in time to save Bruce. They are trapped and Bane is only slightly injured,so Blake assumes a part of the Batman costume, he fights Bane off successfully. Bruce, Blake, and Selina escape.
    - Bane gets in to the Batwing and chases them into the city. He is eventually brought down by Selina. Against Bruce's wishes, Blake, in Batman costume, engages Bane on the street in front of a crowd. No one interferes but it is televised. Blake gets the upper hand in the fight and brutally murders Bane. Again, Bruce, Selina, and Blake escape.
    - The city mourns the death of Bane and is in almost absolute unanimity about finding and killing Batman. Bruce and Blake argue about Blake assuming the mantle of the Bat.
    - Blake, as Batman, hunts down the rest of the League of Shadows and kills them with conventional methods. He uses automatic rifles and grenades to fight them, much to Bruce disapproval.
    - A militia army surrounds the Gotham Hospital where Gordon is staying. They want him dead because of his past association with Batman. Bruce is visiting Gordon when this happens. Gordon is killed and mutilated by an angry crowd in front of Bruce. Bruce takes Gordon's daughter Barbara to safety.
    - Meanwhile, Blake has successfully destroyed the League of Shadows overseasand discovers past history of Ra's Al Ghul, whom he discovers is still alive. Ra's is crippled from his battle with Batman a decade earlier. Before Blake goes to kill him, Ra's offers to train Blake to be stronger and deadlier than Batman ever was.
    Years later (it is implied but not specified)
    - Bruce has recovered significantly from his condition. He lives on a farm in Europe with his wife Selina, Gordon's daughter Barbara, and, yes, there is mention of their farmhand Dick Grayson, whom Bruce has taken in like a son (no lie).
    - Blake has returned to Gotham as Batman, this time as an agent of the League of Shadows, killing all who would stand in his way. His identity in the League of Shadows is now known as Azrael.
    - Bruce returns to Gotham to confront Azrael after he had mowed down a crowd of deliquent teenagers with a firearm. Again, this is a public confrontation, but between the two Batmans. Batman takes off his mask to reveal he is Bruce Wayne and that he has conquered his fears and it is finally time for him to return as the "Prince of Gotham."
    - Bruce defeats Azrael and the crowd hails Bruce as their true savior.
    Flashforward (again)
    Batman steps up to a rooftop as the crowd hails"Batman." Two younger sidekicks are partially seen behind him as the movie ends.

Doubt any of this is true, but fair play to the fanboy who made it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

THAT. SOUNDS. TERRIBLE

lol :pac:

and then...and then...and then...and then...and then...and then...and then...and then...and then...and then...

All that really didn't need to be pasted into the thread :-/

I'm still a little unsure about the whole IMAX situation. I've noticed a lot of people are saying "OMG you must see the prologue in IMAX, it's the only way to do it justice." Since Nolan said that he's hoping that the finished edited piece will be about 50% shot in IMAX, does this mean that the quality of the film won't be as good in normal theaters? I mean will the sound be poorer for example.

Hey guys, here's another video of it. The audio quality is much better and it's easier to see what's going on. The only problem is that they guys camera didn't get the bottom third of the screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bARfFo0JHxI

At around 6:05, is that Hardy?

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭feelpablo

At around 6:05, is that Hardy?

would say its JGL by the looks of things...ie a quarter of his head! :D

Oh yeah it is JGL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Was that Aiden Gillen?

Advertisement