Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

The trailer certainly does look fantastic. Hopefully I'll be able to see it at Sherlock Holmes tomorrow in slightly better quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

So not only do I have to resist watching a leaked prologue in crappy quality, now I have to resist watching the trailer in crappy quality as well as avoiding descriptions......

Welcome to the Internet my friend. I succumbed to her charms when the first clips of the prologue went up. It was pretty much a given that I'd also watch the first leaked trailer (no matter what the quality) and sure enough that alos happened. Tickets are booked for Sherlock Holmes this weekend though to enjoy the tariler on a big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Rabidlamb wrote: »

that chant sounds more amazing every time I hear it, cant wait to hear the full score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

So we are expecting a new trailer for this tomorrow? Is that correct....? Is it only available in the cinema when watching SH2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

whatislife wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't think this movie will live up to its hype. Nolan has not directed a bad movie yet and is due one soon. Look at pixar they had a series of next to near flawless films then released cars.

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

So we are expecting a new trailer for this tomorrow? Is that correct....? Is it only available in the cinema when watching SH2?

i say warner bros will surly put it up on youtube

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The teaser was in front of Harry Potter in some cinemas and not others, so I wouldn't go to SH2 just for the trailer as you may come away disappointed.

As for Nolan being due a bad film, I disagree. But his take on this franchise is due a backlash.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

krudler wrote: »
    that chant sounds more amazing every time I hear it, cant wait to hear the full score.

I think we've found the replacement for "Ireland's Call" -> One minute of that :) Game Over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Is the trailer going to be launched officially online tomorrow or is it just in cinemas its debuting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Is the trailer going to be launched officially online tomorrow or is it just in cinemas its debuting?

It'll probably be released online on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

krudler wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

It is an amazing track alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭paulmorro

It'll probably be released online on Monday.

Was the Dark Knight Joker trailer released online in advance of the film? I heard the release of the prologue was more about pushing IMAX than the Batman franchise itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

paulmorro wrote: »
    Was the Dark Knight Joker trailer released online in advance of the film? I heard the release of the prologue was more about pushing IMAX than the Batman franchise itself.

He's talking about the trailer, not the prologue. The trailer will definitely be released online.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

For those contributing to the chant.

For anyone seeing SH today, let me know if the trailer is attached, not holding my breath though. :(

Decent quality trailer.

Well at least now the meaning of the chant is confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

yea, this movie doesn't look very good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Errr.... Very mixed emotions about this.

I'll reserve judgement for when I see it, but the trailer has left me feeling sort of uneasy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

al28283 wrote: »
    yea, this movie doesn't look very good

Must've watched a different trailer to me :D Do you like Nolan's output, in general?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »

I'll reserve judgement for when I see it, but the trailer has left me feeling sort of uneasy.
    Agreed, same way i felt after seeing the Spider-man 3 trailer.

old hippy wrote: »
    Must've watched a different trailer to me :D Do you like Nolan's output, in general?

Everything so far

syklops wrote: »

The whole Catwoman rant in it kind of pegs her as a character who is a more proactive 'Occupy' activist. Robin Hood style, robbing from the rich etc.

Then again, I'm probably reading into one or two lines of dialogue too much.

I share you feeling of unease, but like you said it's a bit early to draw conclusions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

al28283 wrote: »
    Everything so far

Have faith then :D

Okay I caved, even in poor quality, it looks brilliant to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

kinda similiar to Batman Returns with Wayne and Kyle dancing while wearing masks. Hardy looks like an absolute badass in it. that shot of the football stadium looks spectacular, think a trip to London for the imax showing is in order come july

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Don't know why everyone is doubtful of the movie's quality. That's a great trailer, very little is given away. Just the way I like it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Hey. is the prologue on this thread yet

The shots of Bane and Bats slugging it out has gotten me all giddy. The stadium pitch caving in looks beautiful as well. It's very intriguing as it seems to me that Bruce is imprisoned within a foreign setting, it'll be interesting to see if that is a flashback or an aftermath.

I'm very excited, one small gripe is that yes, I found it hard to make out what Bane was saying. I caught the first bit of his line though so I'm gonna put that down to the second hand footage. I'm sure his line will be clear and coherent in HQ. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Advertisement