Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Don't know why everyone is doubtful of the movie's quality. That's a great trailer, very little is given away. Just the way I like it. :D

Maybe thats the reason for the unease, that nothing has been given away. No new nugget to ease those of us who worry about catwoman and Bane as choices for the sequel of the Dark Knight.

This time 3 years ago, when we first saw the Dark Knight trailer, we saw the joker a villain we are all familiar with, the new batbike, the police obviously struggling to keep a hold on things. It was exciting but also kind of safe.

All we know about TDKR is:

Bane, a character who from movies and cartoons was a mindless thug, but in the comics was more criminal genius, so instantly there is a question mark surrounding his character. Wears a mask, we don't know why.

Catwoman is in it. Nolan and Bale had always said Robin would never be in a Nolan Batman movie. Many of us assumed the same was true of Catwoman, so her casting comes as a surprise.

We see two cars very similar to the Batmobile from the first movie, but its not batmans, one is camouflaged. And we see images of Bruce Wayne injured pretty badly.

Plus we have the chanting in a seemingly foreign language.

I just want to know WTF is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

cursai wrote: »

Ninner Ninner Ninner Ninner

That was blocked fast,got another link to it by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

There's also a very silly looking explosion in a football stadium and a underwhelming opening sequence

al28283 wrote: »
    There's also a very silly looking explosion in a football stadium and a underwhelming opening sequence

Yeah whats the football stadium all about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

syklops wrote: »
    Don't know why everyone is doubtful of the movie's quality. That's a great trailer, very little is given away. Just the way I like it. :D

Maybe thats the reason for the unease, that nothing has been given away. No new nugget to ease those of us who worry about catwoman and Bane as choices for the sequel of the Dark Knight.

This time 3 years ago, when we first saw the Dark Knight trailer, we saw the joker a villain we are all familiar with, the new batbike, the police obviously struggling to keep a hold on things. It was exciting but also kind of safe.

All we know about TDKR is:

Bane, a character who from movies and cartoons was a mindless thug, but in the comics was more criminal genius, so instantly there is a question mark surrounding his character. Wears a mask, we don't know why.

Catwoman is in it. Nolan and Bale had always said Robin would never be in a Nolan Batman movie. Many of us assumed the same was true of Catwoman, so her casting comes as a surprise.

We see two cars very similar to the Batmobile from the first movie, but its not batmans, one is camouflaged. And we see images of Bruce Wayne injured pretty badly.

Plus we have the chanting in a seemingly foreign language.

I just want to know WTF is going on.
    It keeps one guessing and intrested. I think especialy since it's another 6 months til it's release the pro
    promotional campaign has been spot on keeping people intrested and guessing. I say maybe 2 months before it's released we will have the basic plot released

• Advertisement

Yeah whats the football stadium all about?
    I think it's pretty obvious that it's banes weapon he has required that has done that to the football stadium. Not sure if they show the weapon in the trailer but I have seen it on set pics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

That was blocked fast,got another link to it by any chance?

...its not even titled hang on

No it works. the first few seconds are dark get it a sec to play

...its not even titled hang on

No it works. the first few seconds are dark get it a sec to play

No, it's blocked

ricero wrote: »
    I think it's pretty obvious that it's banes weapon he has required that has done that to the football stadium. Not sure if they show the weapon in the trailer but I have seen it on set pics

A weapon did it. Well I figured that already. I mean, why is he blowing up a football stadium? We don't know anything about this Bane. Is he bat**** crazy or evil genius or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Does the stadium scene give anyone else the feeling that elements from the Batman: Cataclysm story will appear?

EDIT: Actually, this may also tie in with the bat symbol being made up of crumbling buildings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

A weapon did it. Well I figured that already. I mean, why is he blowing up a football stadium? We don't know anything about this Bane. Is he bat**** crazy or evil genius or what?

This went up this morning as well:

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-viral-campaign-continues

Looks like Bane plans to level Gotham and has targeted key areas of the city. If he is working for the League of Shadows (as has been suggested), then this is just an (extreme) continuation of Ra's Al Ghul's plan from Batman Begins.

No, it's blocked

Hmm..... it works for me. will have another look

Try now

Hmm..... it works for me. will have another look

Try now

Blocked

I dont understand hows it blocked. what does it say?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZOqyk9VtRQ

This video is blocked by Warner Brothers etc,

If you are the uploader you won't see this message but you'll have a message in your video settings

I dont understand hows it blocked. what does it say?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZOqyk9VtRQ

Its probably still running in the cache of your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

Trailer isn't shown before SH2 :(

This video is blocked by Warner Brothers etc,

If you are the uploader you won't see this message but you'll have a message in your video settings

OKay leave it with me. am trying rapidshare at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Is that the 2nd version of the prologue which has even worse quality?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Boo Radley wrote: »
    Decent quality trailer.

Well at least now the meaning of the chant is confirmed.

What is the meaning of the chant? I must have missed that part and its been doing my head in!!!

Gintonious wrote: »
    What is the meaning of the chant? I must have missed that part and its been doing my head in!!!

it means rise according to the trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Is the trailer with SH2?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

it means rise according to the trailer

Oh right, is that what Bane says near the end? I'm hoping for a good quality version to pop up soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Gintonious wrote: »
    Oh right, is that what Bane says near the end? I'm hoping for a good quality version to pop up soon.

It's what Tom Conti's character says to Bruce in what seems to be a prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Elessar wrote: »

The way Americans shout at the screen is so cringey.

It's a really great trailer. I think Hathaway is the weakest link though.

And would the American Football player not notice the field exploding behind him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

WatchWolf wrote: »
    The way Americans shout at the screen is so cringey.

It's a really great trailer. I think Hathaway is the weakest link though.

And would the American Football player not notice the field exploding behind him?

I love the comments: "Was Tarzan in the audience?"

LOL

Ha ha yeah it's so true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It keeps one guessing and intrested. I think especialy since it's another 6 months til it's release the pro
    promotional campaign has been spot on keeping people intrested and guessing. I say maybe 2 months before it's released we will have the basic plot released

Does a film like this really need such a long promotional campaign ?
    Its the most eagerly anticipated film of the year by a long way ,frankly it doesnt need to be advertised .
    7 more months of promotion and leaks/stories I'd rather not see,the best enjoyed films are the ones where you know as little as possible beforehand.

Advertisement