Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

WatchWolf wrote: »
    The way Americans shout at the screen is so cringey.

It's a really great trailer. I think Hathaway is the weakest link though.

And would the American Football player not notice the field exploding behind him?

i watched the dark knight in new york on its opening week. every time heath ledger said something funny in the film they would laugh out loud and scream stuff at the screen. its actually brilliant watching films with americans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Is that the 2nd version of the prologue which has even worse quality?

:mad: Your welcome Duggy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Terrible quality. I've been poked in the eyes before and seen a clearer image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Ingrates!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

One of the things that irks me about the internet is that it has, in a way, dressed down the magic and mystique of cinema, among other things. I much prefer the unsullied anticipation of a movie based on my own thoughts and expectations.
    Obviously that's my opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who thrive on this kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Anybody have any links to the trailer? Cant find one that works :(

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

Anybody have any links to the trailer? Cant find one that works :(

Here ya go

http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xn1fro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That helped me make out fully what Bane was saying. Mind=blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

That helped me make out fully what Bane was saying. Mind=blown.

I cant make it out properly. What does he say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dempsey wrote: »
    I cant make it out properly. What does he say?

Something along the lines of I'll let you die once you see Gotham in ashes.

"Once Gotham is in ashes, I'll let you die."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When, at the end? He says "When Gotham is in ashes, you'll have my permission to die."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

DoireNod wrote: »
    One of the things that irks me about the internet is that it has, in a way, dressed down the magic and mystique of cinema, among other things. I much prefer the unsullied anticipation of a movie based on my own thoughts and expectations.
    Obviously that's my opinion. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who thrive on this kind of thing.

Then why are you on this thread? :rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

Shut up and take my money Mr. Nolan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Nice touch that the footballer is called Ward and wearing yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

???

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

constantg wrote: »

???
    I presume he means Burt Ward who plays Robin in old tv show. I doubt that's what Nolan was doing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

I presume he means Burt Ward who plays Robin in old tv show. I doubt that's what Nolan was doing though.

Ah.......... incidentally.........THAT LOOKS FOOKING EPIC!!! Cannot wait to see that in the cinema!

al28283 wrote: »
    Then why are you on this thread? :rolleyes:
    Do you happen to have anything to say that's relevant to my comment? :eek:

Curiosity got the better of me, I must admit. I started watching one video and turned it off very quickly.

Nice use of a "smiley" by the way. It really conveys your point. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Do you happen to have anything to say that's relevant to my comment? :eek:

Curiosity got the better of me, I must admit. I started watching one video and turned it off very quickly.

Nice use of a "smiley" by the way. It really conveys your point. :cool:

That was relevant to your comment. All your comment said was that you don't like this type of thread. Looking for an argument i reckon. Good man

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Apparent script leak for the prologue, which (if real) clears up what exactly Bane says in it.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2011/12/script-pages-from-the-dark-knight-rises-have-leaked/

• Advertisement

al28283 wrote: »
    That was relevant to your comment. All your comment said was that you don't like this type of thread. Looking for an argument i reckon. Good man
    It was not relevant to the substance of my comment. I have nothing against the thread, by all means whack away. Each to their own. I was commenting on the nature of leaks on the internet - that I felt that subtracted from the "magic" of anticipation. I'm sure I'm not alone.

"Looking for an argument"? Not quite, and I suppose I could level that charge against you. This is a forum. For discussion.
    If you don't feel up to discussing something, don't labour yourself by clicking reply to my posts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Alright, guys, that enough. Let's keep it friendly please. Back on topic.

Klim wrote: »
    Apparent script leak for the prologue, which (if real) clears up what exactly Bane says in it.

http://www.wwtdd.com/2011/12/script-pages-from-the-dark-knight-rises-have-leaked/
    That's not real. It's a transcript written by someone who doesn't know how real scripts are written. We already knew what Bane was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Boo Radley

I see what you mean. I knew next to nothing about The Dark Knight, apart from the fact that the Joker was in it, before its release and it was all the better an experience for it.

Due to the overwhelming amount of sneaky pictures taken on set for this film however, I gave up trying to avoid it all very quickly and I've been helping to spread said images. Although, I try to leave it spoiler censored when I feel it is warranted.

I would never be tempted to read a script I must admit but anything else, image wise anyway, is fair game. I will probably not be as impressed when sitting through this film as a lot of the imagery will be familiar but I'm okay with that. It's next to impossible to get the sense of a film based on out of context images anyway.

From here on in I'd imagine whatever is 'leaked' will be intentional releases by the promotional team and hopefully they will leave enough unspoiled to make the film still crackle a bit with that magic. The most important thing with this conclusion to the trilogy will be the story and how it holds up under the weight of its predecessors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

That's not real. It's a transcript written by someone who doesn't know how real scripts are written. We already knew what Bane was saying.

Really. I didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

In fairness though, pretty much everything you see and hear about this is likely to be intentionally 'leaked' viral PR.

7 months before the thing gets released ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Another copy of the prologue, still poor but better quality picture than the others imo

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=217835761628337

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone read any feedback on Bane's dialogue and whether its just the CAM versions or is his voice that hard to hear properly.

Anyone read any feedback on Bane's dialogue and whether its just the CAM versions or is his voice that hard to hear properly.
    People who have seen it in IMAX have complained about not understanding him as well. The bass in IMAX might have something to do with it though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,501 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I've read some articles from people who have seen the prologue properly & it's a mixed bag; some are saying that it's fine, others are saying that yes, in places it's difficult to make out what Bane is saying. Here's one from a site I read:
    http://io9.com/5868664/weve-seen-the-dark-knight-rises-prologue-++-and-yes-bane-really-does-sound-that-bad

Advertisement