Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Yea, I saw it at the Imax and couldn't make out most of what he was saying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Anyone who hasn't seen the prologue - here ya go! I have to admit I am able to make out bane!!

This is gonna be awesome!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn0f7w_the-dark-knight-rises-prologue-6mn-leaked_shortfilms

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Robbed from YLYL2

the_dark_knight_mumbles_by_jackoozy_d4j8wj6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Bane's voice is much clearer in that video, so I'd be confident that Nolan + co would have it sorted for the film. I'm sure that cinema's will also be instructed on a preset for their sound system to ensure that its on the money.

It would be some oversight for that to be the thing that ruins the 3rd film!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Anyone who hasn't seen the prologue - here ya go! I have to admit I am able to make out bane!!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn0f7w_the-dark-knight-rises-prologue-6mn-leaked_shortfilms

So bad, didnt bother watching it. Gonna watch for the cinema me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

"crashing this plane" and then the awesome music hits............

spine tingling!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

hightower1 wrote: »
    Robbed from YLYL2

the_dark_knight_mumbles_by_jackoozy_d4j8wj6.jpg

You're welcome ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'm sure that cinema's will also be instructed on a preset for their sound system to ensure that its on the money.

Count yourself lucky when they have the film the right way around. I wouldn't even get my hopes up for it to be correctly focused.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Thanks for that link man. have to say i did find it a little hard to make out fully what Bane was saying. But it looks amazing, i cant wait to see how its going to turn out. July cant come soon enough

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Less shaky cam than previous versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Is Selina Kyle not taking into account the amount of people Bruce employs? Or the amount of useful technology he makes?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bit of a nod to Batman Returns there with the dancing?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

spot the cane in the shot early on when Alfred is telling him he hasnt protected him

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ronoc 1

i really wanted to see the trailer in the cinema but i couldnt resist the temptation and had to watch it here.the trailer is excellent,it gives us just enough information about the film with out giving us any major spoilers.hathaway,who i thought might be a weak point in the film,comes across quite well in the trailer.bane looks fantastic espically with the epic chanting and bruce wayne looks suitably miserable.i just have two questions, banes voice,would they not still be working on dubbing in post production or are they finished with it? and will batmans voice be the same as it was in the dark knight or will they change it after the criticsm it got in the previous film.

I'd say they'll make Bman's voice how it was in Batman Begins.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Bit of a nod to Batman Returns there with the dancing?

Definitely. There’s plenty of other examples of Nolan being influenced by the Burton films. But I’m not at all surprised about him being inspired by the masquerade ball in Returns as it’s a fantastic scene. I'm also pleased to see that Selina seems to be very much out for herself, at least in the beginning.
    krudler wrote: »
    spot the cane in the shot early on when Alfred is telling him he hasnt protected him

Yeah, he’s hobbling around on a cane in most of his scenes in the trailer actually. The mansion scenes seem to take place very early in the film, before Bane has arrived on the scene (hence the talk about it being “peace time”), which would suggest that Bruce is already injured pre-Bane. Nolan did talk about him being in a pretty bad way at the beginning of the film, so I'm guessing the 8 years have taken their toll on him.
    ronoc 1 wrote: »
    i just have two questions, banes voice,would they not still be working on dubbing in post production or are they finished with it?
    Nolan said they still had some sound work to do on the prologue, but he mostly dismissed the voice complaints. They usually can't use production sound when shooting with the IMAX cameras because they are too loud. So all of Hardy's prologue dialogue has already have been ADR'd. The main problem with his voice in the prologue is the bass from the IMAX cinema and the accent/voice Hardy decided on. Nolan may tweak it a bit in post-production, but he isn't going to throw away all of Hardy's work. Personally I really like the voice and, apart from making it a bit clearer, I hope they don't change it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yeah, he’s hobbling around on a cane in most of his scenes in the trailer actually. The mansion scenes seem to take place very early in the film, before Bane has arrived on the scene (hence the talk about it being “peace time”), which would suggest that Bruce is already injured pre-Bane.

Well he had a pretty bad fall at the end of TDK, it'd be cool if that was why he needed the cane.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Well he had a pretty bad fall at the end of TDK, it'd be cool if that was why he needed the cane.

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. However, since it is 8 years later, it would mean it was a permanent injury and that Batman is probably in semi-retirement at the start of the film. I don't see how he could recover from that let a lone an additional beating from Bane, unless it is through paranormal means.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Yeah, I was thinking that as well. However, since it is 8 years later, it would mean it was a permanent injury and that Batman is probably in semi-retirement at the start of the film. I don't see how he could recover from that let a lone an additional beating from Bane, unless it is through paranormal means.

Reminds me of

3060000000046569.JPG?0.9433488877164334

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Maybe that's why Bane dominates him though, he's already in no shape to continue wearing the cowl, never mind taking on Bane.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thats a possibility, but he was running pretty well at the end of TDK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Definitely. There’s plenty of other examples of Nolan being influenced by the Burton films. But I’m not at all surprised about him being inspired by the masquerade ball in Returns as it’s a fantastic scene. I'm also pleased to see that Selina seems to be very much out for herself, at least in the beginning.

Yeah, he’s hobbling around on a cane in most of his scenes in the trailer actually. The mansion scenes seem to take place very early in the film, before Bane has arrived on the scene (hence the talk about it being “peace time”), which would suggest that Bruce is already injured pre-Bane. Nolan did talk about him being in a pretty bad way at the beginning of the film, so I'm guessing the 8 years have taken their toll on him.

Nolan said they still had some sound work to do on the prologue, but he mostly dismissed the voice complaints. They usually can't use production sound when shooting with the IMAX cameras because they are too loud. So all of Hardy's prologue dialogue has already have been ADR'd. The main problem with his voice in the prologue is the bass from the IMAX cinema and the accent/voice Hardy decided on. Nolan may tweak it a bit in post-production, but he isn't going to throw away all of Hardy's work. Personally I really like the voice and, apart from making it a bit clearer, I hope they don't change it.

What kind of accent is it? Where's he meant to be from? I never read the comics...

Bane's mother is South American and his father is English. In TDKR Bane has an accent that resembles that of a wheezy old Englishman's. I like it myself.

They've obviously changed the backstory in the film. Hardy's accent seems to be a weird mix of several different accents. Which may be a hint as to his origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I've just seen Sherlock Holmes and there was no TDKR trailer. And I know others who have seen the same movie with no sign of the trailer either.
    I suspect we'll have to wait till mission impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Is the prologue only out in IMAX Cinemas at the moment?

Yes and it will remain that way unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Bane's mother is South American and his father is English. In TDKR Bane has an accent that resembles that of a wheezy old Englishman's. I like it myself.

I do too, its half Orson Welles and half Winston Churchill, its daring and if it works in full dialogue it'll be brilliant, I'm still not sold on the Delboy style jacket but we'll see come July.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I thought it was Alfred walking around with the cane?

• Advertisement

No, it's definitely Bruce. You can see him visibly leaning on something in several shots.

Advertisement