Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

Am I alone in being a little underwhelmed by the extended trailer?

Enjoyed the first two so hopefully Nolan can cap it off in style

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

didnt realise how grey they made Bale's hair until I saw the hd version, big grey streaks in it in some shots, Bane is a lot easier to understand in that hd trailer too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Fishooks12 wrote: »
    Am I alone in being a little underwhelmed by the extended trailer?

Enjoyed the first two so hopefully Nolan can cap it off in style

No, not at all. Prologue wasn't great either, even in Imax

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Not sure about the football pitch caving in can smell CGI mess......:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

lORDl.gif

BEAST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cursai wrote: »

That shot's far from finished though. They still have to add the supporters to the uppier tiers of the stands, for example - at the moment there's just a few dotted in here and there so as not to make it look bare, so it'll be improved for the film's release.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

This is a cam of the prologue, I'm sorry I watched it.

Make up your own minds if you want to ruin it on yourselves.. only one week to wait to MI:GP

You were warned!

But fúck me, thats good shít.

It's not like Ireland has any IMAX's anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

WatchWolf wrote: »
    It's not like Ireland has any IMAX's anyway.

road trip to belfast so!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

cursai wrote: »
    Looks great to me - yeah it looks like a special effect, but knowing the way Nolan works, I wouldn't rule out that FX being a physical miniature, with the players composited in.

Roar wrote: »
    That shot's far from finished though. They still have to add the supporters to the uppier tiers of the stands, for example - at the moment there's just a few dotted in here and there so as not to make it look bare, so it'll be improved for the film's release.

you can see the upper tiers are nearly empty when Bane is walking onto the pitch, they have loads of time to tweak it, I think it looks really good as is tbh

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭fitz

Having watched the trailer, am I the only one getting the feeling that we might see Bruce broken late in the film, with JGL's character taking on the Batman mantle? That the "rise" is that of a new Dark Knight with Bruce's story arc as Bats finishing?

It would certainly work for as a way for Nolan to definitively end his series, without having to be definitive about the end of Batman. Would be pretty ballsy too. Great trailer, leaves the plot wide open, but really builds anticipation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

pixelburp wrote: »
    Looks great to me - yeah it looks like a special effect, but knowing the way Nolan works, I wouldn't rule out that FX being a physical miniature, with the players composited in.

Still not sure about the pitch caving in thing. I've seen tremors three.....it want great.:(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What in the name of god is Bane actually saying there? I can't make it out at all. "Gotham WAAGHRHGHHRHGHHAHUAHHUUUPP"

Can't make out what they're saying about the Mayor near the start either...

fitz wrote: »
    Having watched the trailer, am I the only one getting the feeling that we might see Bruce broken late in the film, with JGL's character taking on the Batman mantle? That the "rise" is that of a new Dark Knight with Bruce's story arc as Bats finishing?

It would certainly work for as a way for Nolan to definitively end his series, without having to be definitive about the end of Batman. Would be pretty ballsy too. Great trailer, leaves the plot wide open, but really builds anticipation.

I dunno, I think the whole "rise" theme stems from Bruce rising as a person, overcoming his grief and achieving some sense of contentment in his life.

For JGL to take over the mantle....for me, it would be quite an anti-climatic end to Bruce's story.

I reckon the big brawl is at the end of the film, while Bruce getting badly beaten (with Bane gloating over Gotham being in ashes) happens near the start (but after the masked ball) and is connected to the pics Empire released.

I'm very curious about that shot with Conti.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What in the name of god is Bane actually saying there? I can't make it out at all. "Gotham WAAGHRHGHHRHGHHAHUAHHUUUPP"

Bane: "When Gotham is Ashes... you have my permission to die"

"When Gotham is in ashes, then you'll have my permission to die."

The two dicks are suggesting that the Mayor is going to retire Gordon in the Spring.

I find the dialogue clear in the hq release, put your earphones in. :pac:

never realised Matthew Modine is in this, I like him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

"When Gotham is in ashes, then you'll have my permission to die."

The two dicks are suggesting that the Mayor is going to retire Gordon in the Spring.

I find the dialogue clear in the hq release, put your earphones in. :pac:
    Well it's clear now that I know in advance what he's saying :p

Trailer looks pretty good overall anywho.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Well in the comics, this happens. Back snapped to pieces. Do you think they'll put it in the film?

Bane-in-The-Dark-Knight-Rises.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The Gotham Rogues (yellow team) as seen in the trailer are actually played by several players from the Pittsburgh Steelers. The player who is running while the ground collapses behind him is Hines Ward, who wears his proper name and number (Ward 86) as he does for the Steelers too, and thats also their actual stadium. American Footballers and Batman? Can't wait! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

You're really pushing Bane breaking Bats back. Even going so far to start a new thread about it :D

I love Caine's delivery of the line "you are as precious to me as you were to your parents, I swore to them I'd protect you...but I havent" it really hammers home what Bruce is in for in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

krudler wrote: »
    I love Caine's delivery of the line "you are as precious to me as you were to your parents, I swore to them I'd protect you...but I havent" it really hammers home what Bruce is in for in this.

And Christian Bale looks knackered when he's saying it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

nicklauski wrote: »
    You're really pushing Bane breaking Bats back. Even going so far to start a new thread about it :D

I expected a load of n00bs to start crying about spoilers, to which I would smugly reply "you are obviously not a Batman fan if you haven't read the comic.":cool:

Which is kind of true.

I also wanted to find out how many people actually know about this story.

Broads.ie wrote: »
    I expected a load of n00bs to start crying

xbox live is that way---->

I expected a load of n00bs to start crying about spoilers, to which I would smugly reply "you are obviously not a Batman fan if you haven't read the comic."

Which is kind of true.

Sooo, you're trolling then. Rightio.
    The character of Bane has been widely discussed in this very thread since the announcement of his inclusion if you read this thread, rather than starting a needless second one. With this discussion has come the theorising whether Nolan would include elements of his most famous story so tbh, we're all up to speed thanks, and it has been widely chatted on; you can take the 'smug' fanboyism elsewhere :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

The biggest question remains!!!! .....
    Whos hotter Anne Hathaway or Marion Cotillard

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I expected a load of n00bs to start crying about spoilers, to which I would smugly reply "you are obviously not a Batman fan if you haven't read the comic.":cool:

Which is kind of true.

If you had read the thread you'd see that we all know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Anne Hathaway.....Im gonna have to wear very loose pants to this film.
    Mmmmm Anne Hathaway in catsuit........ >_>

• Advertisement

LighterGuy wrote: »
    The biggest question remains!!!! .....
    Whos hotter Anne Hathaway or Marion Cotillard

:pac:
    I'm no Marty Whelan, but I've never rated Anne Hathaway.. reminds me of a Dunnes Stores manager..

Edit: catsuit will prob change all that!

Advertisement