Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

I'm no Marty Whelan, but I've never rated Anne Hathaway.. reminds me of a Dunnes Stores manager..

Edit: catsuit will prob change all that!
    Weird.... in my neighbourhood, Marty Whelan reminds me of a Dunnes Stores manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I'm no Marty Whelan, but I've never rated Anne Hathaway.. reminds me of a Dunnes Stores manager..

Edit: catsuit will prob change all that!

Show me to your Dunnes!!! O_O

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

pixelburp wrote: »
    Sooo, you're trolling then. Rightio.
    The character of Bane has been widely discussed in this very thread since the announcement of his inclusion if you read this thread, rather than starting a needless second one. With this discussion has come the theorising whether Nolan would include elements of his most famous story so tbh, we're all up to speed thanks, and it has been widely chatted on; you can take the 'smug' fanboyism elsewhere :)

Right... well I don't have time to read the 140 pages of this thread. I wouldn't even know where to start looking for references to Batman's broken back. Should I start on page 54 maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Broads.ie wrote: »
    Right... well I don't have time to read the 140 pages of this thread. I wouldn't even know where to start looking for references to Batman's broken back. Should I start on page 54 maybe?
    Yes. Page 54.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Show me to your Dunnes!!! O_O

Ashbourne is where it's at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

Right... well I don't have time to read the 140 pages of this thread.

You're too busy doing what exactly... being on boards reading treads?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

More of 'here's a few bits from most the whole film', than much detail on the plot, which seems largely 'things are gonna hit the fan'. I like the look of that weapon Batman has at around 1:40 in. Hathaway's words...and then Bruce steps back, could be just edited to look that way. Also, who's that that's grabbed out from under the table/desk thing at 0:57, just some rich dude?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Better than making a troll'ish post, based off a false & smug assumption; why does it matter to you so much if people do or don't know Bane's most famous story? And is just that - most casual fans of the franchise would be well aware of Bane & his past. This isn't a state sercret.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Official HD trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I was quite impressed with Anne Hathaway in that trailer. Not blown away but quietly confident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

You're too busy doing what exactly... being on boards reading treads?

You must be on the dole so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Enough of the petty bickering. If you think someone is trolling, report the post. Stay on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

I just asked Santa for the blu_ray edition this Christmas He hasn't let me down yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,323 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I wouldnt be following the movie like some you here but I absolutely adore the previous 2 and to read in that trailer its the last batman movie, is very sad news for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Headshot wrote: »
    I wouldnt be following the movie like some you here but I absolutely adore the previous 2 and to read in that trailer its the last batman movie, is very sad news for me :(

last Nolan/Bale one anyway. I like that, the franchise will get a reboot in a few years and a new vision, new director, new Batman will be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Headshot wrote: »

Ah, not to worrry.
    Already reports saying the next batman will be in 2015. Rumored to be a reboot. Seemingly without Christian Bale, Christoper Nolan and Gary Oldman. As all 3 have stated this is their last Batman.
    But I take that with a pinch of salt at this time. Either of one the three could be offered a mental amount of money to return ... which could change things ;) Unless of course the 2015 movie is a direct continuation to Dark Knight Rises. (So no gordon or Wayne?) Guess we'll find out the score when DKR comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

LighterGuy wrote: »
    The biggest question remains!!!! .....
    Whos hotter Anne Hathaway or Marion Cotillard

:pac:

Marion, sexy as hell and she was even hotter when she was a bit younger!

anne is very pretty and judging by the trailer (which I didnt want to see, unfortunately it was on before Sherlock Holmes!), she will be damn sexy in this!

Yeah, I actually noticed she was some cracking bird when she was younger. Still hot now, but even more sexier back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Did it remind anyone else of schindlers list when they were raiding the apartments in that trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Trailer breakdown now up on the Empire website

http://www.empireonline.com/features/dark-knight-rises-trailer-breakdown/p1

To be honest, nothing in there that hasn't been discussed already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Probably been mentioned already, but is that house in the trailer Wayne Manor restored? Would make for an interesting batcave in the lower foundations if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,568 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

phil1nj wrote: »
    Trailer breakdown now up on the Empire website

http://www.empireonline.com/features/dark-knight-rises-trailer-breakdown/p1

To be honest, nothing in there that hasn't been discussed already.

Some of it is a bit off I think, the part where people are going down that hole down looks like its the "prison", not the batcave

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Owen wrote: »
    Probably been mentioned already, but is that house in the trailer Wayne Manor restored? Would make for an interesting batcave in the lower foundations if it is.

I think they've used a mine for the bat cave. I posted pics of it earlier in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think they've used a mine for the bat cave. I posted pics of it earlier in this thread.

I'm pretty sure that's just a rumour, that's what the mine looks like all the time. And I don't think they filmed any of the movie in Romania. I heard the batcave was just a set built at the studio. It's sure be very difficult to film in a working Romanian mine

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Don't think it's Batman flying this????

77957699.png

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

zerks wrote: »

It's quite obviously Alfred

zerks wrote: »

Would be a great trick by Nolan :pac: Using the batman dummy to film the scenes (as we saw with youtube videos of people recording) .. then the ol' switch a' roo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

If you look closely at some of the batpod scenes in TDK you can see its just some guy wearing a Christian Bale mask

http://www.moviechronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/tdk-dec11-batpod-promo-dark-knight.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

al28283 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's just a rumour, that's what the mine looks like all the time. And I don't think they filmed any of the movie in Romania. I heard the batcave was just a set built at the studio. It's sure be very difficult to film in a working Romanian mine

That is just the mine in those pics yea but I didn't realise they didn't use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That is just the mine in those pics yea but I didn't realise they didn't use it.

remote control piloting/slaving of the vehicles?

Advertisement