Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Still 59 days away. I hope my local cinema, (Wexford cineplex) shows Batman Begins and Dark Knight in the week running up to Dark Knight Rises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Looks like a fan made poster. It also looks like the same pose/image from this months Total Film.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

MJ23 wrote: »
    Still 59 days away. I hope my local cinema, (Wexford cineplex) shows Batman Begins and Dark Knight in the week running up to Dark Knight Rises.

They had them advertised,can't for the life of me find the ad,noticed it when I went to see the Avengers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Raining_Bats.gif

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

bat-1.jpg

bat-2.jpg

82372783672.jpg

That's more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

bat-1.jpg

bat-2.jpg

82372783672.jpg

That's more like it

Much better!! Are they official?

Much better!! Are they official?

Yup. I think there were a few others released as well

Right here :D

DTdbB.jpg

NKlnL.jpg

6Ukhx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I like it.

You would.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Is it just me, or does it look like there's a shadow / ghost of someone else standing behind catwoman? (Made from clouds/rain)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it just me, or does it look like there's a shadow / ghost of someone else standing behind catwoman? (Made from clouds/rain)

Just you i think :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Two TV spots have cropped up, both made from a lot of new footage - definitely worth a gander (obviously those wishing to avoid spoilers etc etc should not watch 'em)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 865 ✭✭✭FlashD

Probably Jesus, he turns up in all sorts of sh*t these days.

pixelburp wrote: »

What's the deal with the two jets at the end?

Interesting.

I'm going to try to avoid any spoilers for this, 'cos if there's one film I don't want ruined it's this

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What's the deal with the two jets at the end?

Interesting.

I'm going to try to avoid any spoilers for this, 'cos if there's one film I don't want ruined it's this

Presumably the US airforce: were I to guess, I presume with the bridges to Gotham demolished, any response by the US National Guard is neutered & presumably Bane also prevents any airdrops into the city. So all the jets can do is circle the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

I hope Batman finally gets laid in this one.

Maybe not the sex he deserves, but the sex he needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

cursai wrote: »

Yeah for a billionaire playboy he doesnt get much does he?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Smithey88

Is it me or is the hype behind this not quite as big as the dark knight back in 2008?

Then again, Health Ledger dying certainely added alot of media attention to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Smithey88 wrote: »
    Is it me or is the hype behind this not quite as big as the dark knight back in 2008?

I think the hype for The Dark Knight was so extreme that the hype for this was always going to pale in comparison.

Looking back on The Dark Knight, it was in a perfect position: being able to build on a film that was a success both critically and commercially, but not earth-shatteringly so. There was enough positive expectation to get people eager, but not enough for it to have too much to live up to.

Plus it had the viral marketing, an iconic, well-known villain, and it was more accessible to the layperson than Batman Begins, which was a bit more comic-booky.

I think no matter how great The Dark Knight Rises is (and I've every confidence in it), lots of people are going to see it as bit of a letdown as it has so much to live up to, and Bane doesn't mean much to the average Joe.

I also get the impression that Nolan and/or the producers are trying not to give too much away in order not to spoil the film, and to avoid getting expectations too high.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

cursai wrote: »

You can see him smoochin Talia Al Ghul in the trailer... maybe she gets preggers with Damian Wayne?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

It's beginning to ramp up with the character posters and tv spots. Don't forget that the film is still 2 months away.

syklops wrote: »
    Yeah for a billionaire playboy he doesnt get much does he?

I dunno, that scene from Begins in which Bruce buys a hotel on the fly and ends up in the water fountain of the restaurant before leaving with a hottie in each arm was suggestive enough for me. I take it they went back to Wayne Manor for a night of sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll. Bruce did lines of coke off one girl's ass crack while nuts deep in the other girl, perhaps even wearing the Bat mask and posing in a mirror while meandering about the qualities of the band Genesis.

Rachel Dawes was nothing but a cock-tease. She only wanted to see if she could get him to give up being Batman, all the while making her bed with a man who Bruce aspired to be more like right in front of him, harsh!:D

Batman's sex life aside, the new tv spots are as far as I'm going to go with the pre-release marketing, as someone mentioned above this is one film that I don't want spoiled and I am already a bit more familiar with the plot than I'd ideally like to be. Trouble is I'm going to be out of the country on the weekend of its release and nowhere near a cinema. Avoiding any plot points or major spoilers until July 23rd when I'll finally get to see the movie will involve staying away from the internet and avoiding discussion with anybody who has come in contact with the internet and/or seen the movie!

I don't think 'hype' is the right word, I think most of us are just taking the Nolan Batman films for granted and simply quietly waiting on it.

Dark Knight garnered a lot of hype not just due to Ledger's death, but because it was a sequel to a film that surprised many by being good. It's easy to forget that when 'Begins' came along the Batman movie franchise was dirt. Nolan's film not just changed that perception, but ended on a deliberate tease to get people further excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't think 'hype' is the right word, I think most of us are just taking the Nolan Batman films for granted and just quietly waiting on it.

Dark Knight garnered a lot of hype not just due to Ledger's death, but because it was a sequel to a film that surprised many by being good. It's easy to forget that when 'Begins' came along the Batman movie franchise was dirt. Nolan's film not just changed that perception, but ended on a deliberate tease to get people further excited.

Begins was a massive surprise, I dont remember it being all that hyped or even heavily advertised on release, I told a friend I was going to it and he didnt even know there was a new Batman out, now its a giganto franchise, I'd be very surprised if TDKR doesnt break the billion dollar mark as well.

These are fupping fantastic

standoff_800w.jpg

batman-banner-800w.jpg

bane-banner_800w.jpg

catwoman-banner-800w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

New desktop background sorted, ta!

Edit: blast can't find them any bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

theres my new facebook banner sorted anyway

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

krudler wrote: »
    theres my new facebook banner sorted anyway

I wonder if that's the intention, with the aspect ratio...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

any highres versions of the pics around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,335 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The 2751st post, in a thread started over two years ago, for a film that's 2 months away - is talking about a lack of hype. :D

Advertisement