Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still Banned

Options
  • 30-04-2010 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Why am I still banned from the Rugby Forum??? Completely unfounded ban to begin with and still the muppetry by mod continues.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I wouldn't necessarily mention the "muppetry by mod" when you're contacting the mod.

The first thing you need to do is to contact the mod by PM to see if it can be resolved. If you feel more comfortable contacting one of the other mods of the rugby forum you can do that instead.

If the answer you get isn't to your satisfaction, then you contact one of the category mods for sport by PM.

If the answer you get from the cmod isn't to your satisfaction, then you come and post a Help Desk thread about it.

It's detailed here in the boards.ie dispute resolution procedure. Also the names of the category mods are in that link. If I were you I'd include an explanation of whatever caused you to get the ban when contacting the mod or cmod. It'll help them make a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

sceptre wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily mention the "muppetry by mod" when you're contacting the mod.

If the answer you get from the cmod isn't to your satisfaction, then you come and post a Help Desk thread about it.

It's detailed here in the boards.ie dispute resolution procedure. Also the names of the category mods are in that link. If I were you I'd include an explanation of whatever caused you to get the ban when contacting the mod or cmod. It'll help them make a decision.

Hi Sceptre.
    The "mod muppetry" comes from a humorous thread by a mod that I can't find now for the life of me. It stuck in my head I guess after reading it.

It really gets your back up when a whiney mod bans you for nonsense and then you've to go back to him and ask for re-entry. It has that feeling of the bouncers at a cheap night club. You've got to admit that some (the occasional one or two) of the mods in here perform way underpar.
    I went through all the complaint procedures way back when only to be stone walled (like at a nightclub) Whatever which way you're wrong and the mod is right so I just gave up on it. Still though the ban was supposed to be set for a week. A year or so later and it's still on. Don't these things time out automatically? And if so does that mean the mod tampered with it?

I should contact a different mod but I don't even know why I wanted to go in there anymore lol.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bosshogg wrote: »
    Still though the ban was supposed to be set for a week. A year or so later and it's still on. Don't these things time out automatically? And if so does that mean the mod tampered with it?

The ban was permanent, and there have been no changes made to it. I should point out that calling mods whiney isn't exactly going to help your case in getting it lifted.

Bosshogg wrote: »
    I should contact a different mod but I don't even know why I wanted to go in there anymore lol.

As sceptre said, If you don't believe it's worth your time contacting the mods, you should PM one of the CMods (Sparks / uberwolf) and they'll review the case for you. If you're still not happy after that come back to this thread an an admin will look at things for you.

Advertisement