Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silliest requests youve had?

• 30-04-2010 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

I've had a rough day today, not much going on in work today and a hard customer experience.

So todays request after images were chosen and printed, the customer wanted a photo that didnt look photoy.....? Apparently the pics on display didnt look photoy but these particular prints did look photoy so whats the strangest request you've had? Or comment even?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

You mean photo-ey? Oh dear, that's a silly one indeed..

I had someone ask me if I could do one of my more artsy image in a different colour so it'd go with her bedroom. Was just thinking about that this evening actually :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Huh, silliest request I ever had (and I am loathe to speak lowly of the client because she is a truly lovely woman) was for a 7pm photoshoot in a park. Sunset was at 5:30pm. I wound up having to give a twenty minute crash course in orbital mechanics over a bad phone line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

To photograph an Apple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Get a lot at the shows, my favourite is that the picture has come out too dark (when its not) so I always rip up the original on front of them (much to their horror as they would love a second free copy) doesnt happen that often but usually once a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

guy walks into a camping store i used to work in and shows me a picture of Clint Eastwood on a horse and says 'make me look like this'... yup... horse and all

*edit I know it's not a work photo story, it happened ten years ago and i still think about it often... and youse reminded me... and there's a photo in it, tenuous, i know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I presume you told him "a man's gotta know his limits..."? :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

To photograph an Apple.

Ugly machines...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Borderfox wrote: »
    Get a lot at the shows, my favourite is that the picture has come out too dark (when its not) so I always rip up the original on front of them (much to their horror as they would love a second free copy) doesnt happen that often but usually once a show.

I just put them in the desk and said she'd be better off leaving it so, lot of time wasted but hey. The son was asking whilst she was saying this, amongst others, could they have that one, she was responding I dont know son we'll see in a minute, as in see would I give it to them anyway I suppose.

I do get the oh that dark around once a month and I'd then reprint and request to put the original on display, might as well use it for something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Fenster wrote: »
    Huh, silliest request I ever had (and I am loathe to speak lowly of the client because she is a truly lovely woman) was for a 7pm photoshoot in a park. Sunset was at 5:30pm. I wound up having to give a twenty minute crash course in orbital mechanics over a bad phone line.

23_Mei_2009_Corine_Elinchrom_Quadra_5bg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Most of those requests are things I'd find fascinating and challenging. :p:rolleyes:

An apple, wow !!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

the customer wanted a photo that didnt look photoy.....?

Maybe they wanted it to look sort of candid and natural instead of a posed looking one?

My friend was joking around one day he asked me about taking some photographs of him.. he wanted to make a "calendar" :eek: Thing is I think he was serious :eek::eek:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

dazftw wrote: »
    My friend was joking around one day he asked me about taking some photographs of him.. he wanted to make a "calendar" :eek: Thing is I think he was serious :eek::eek:

introduce him to Covey:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭squareballoon

dazftw wrote: »

oh cripes!!

I haven't had any really odd requests except to ask if I could make a dark cloudy day look sunny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

So todays request after images were chosen and printed, the customer wanted a photo that didnt look photoy.....?

It's at times like that you should have a pack of crayons and a drawing pad to hand to people like that :D

"There you go, that won't look 'photoey'!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

I remember a customer who insisted that her dress had to be a very particular red in a photo even though adjusting the photo to make her dress red made her look like she was dying of asphyxiation. (blue/purple in the face.)

This was from a negative on a commercial enlarger a long time ago..where you had ONE color adjustment for the whole picture, and that was that... obviously not a Photoshop job.. wasn't even a digital piece of equipment.. but I still think it was a silly request.

For digital.. I had a guy freak out back in 1998 because the 800K file he brought me on a floppy disk which was 4x6" at 72dpi (screen resolution) looked blocky when printed at 11x17" (@400dpi, that was ~15.74 pixels in the finished print for every 1 in the file.) Of COURSE it looked blocky.

He also said he'd spent over 400 hours of his time compositing 1/2 dozen images in Photoshop to come up with this 4x6" 72dpi masterpiece. He would have been better off taking some lessons.

Advertisement