Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pathetic banning from AH

Options
  • 30-04-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭

Of course in the gerry ryan thread. I said he was 'an embodiment of everything wrong with modern ireland'. Someone said I could expect my comment to be censored so I said 'everyone quote me then to make the job more difficult'.

That is pure and utter tripe. If you want to have a policy like this, please state in the OP that you are not allowed to say anything bad about Gerry Ryan.

Simple really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since I'm the mod banning him I'll respond here.

User was banned specifically for this post, now deleted " really?? fcuk that then. everybody quote me. makes the mod's life a pain in the hole. "
    Deliberately making our jobs harder today deserved a banning in my opinion.

jtsuited, feel free to post our PM conversation that led to this Helpdesk thread.

As to the other post DrB post in the OP (first post) at 4pm
    "MOD WARNING - Keep all comments in this thread civil and respectful please"

Posting at 10pm that Mr Ryan was "an embodiment of everything wrong with modern ireland" wasn't, in my opinion, civil nor respectful.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

biko wrote: »
    User was banned specifically for this post, now deleted " really?? fcuk that then. everybody quote me. makes the mod's life a pain in the hole. "
    Deliberately making our jobs harder today deserved a banning in my opinion.

Seems like a straightforward ban to me with absolutely no grounds for appeal. OP, you broke the fundamental rule of the site, which is "Don't be a dick". You were being a dick and I think you can count yourself very lucky you only got a 3 day ban, if it was me I would have given you at least a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Zaph wrote: »
    Seems like a straightforward ban to me with absolutely no grounds for appeal. OP, you broke the fundamental rule of the site, which is "Don't be a dick". You were being a dick and I think you can count yourself very lucky you only got a 3 day ban, if it was me I would have given you at least a couple of weeks.

haha, looks like you're violating that rule with that response.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

There's no place on boards for idiocy like that, obviously the generously short ban from AH for wilfully attempting to make the job of the moderators harder on an obviously busy day isn't something to cause you to think about what you're adding to the universe considering your last comment above.

I'll make it easier, let's call it a week's siteban to avoid you doing the same thing while other forums have active threads on the same topic. You treating the site like your own playground today isn't giving anything worthwhile to any of the site members carrying their copon with them.

Advertisement