Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tatto Virgin

• 30-04-2010 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Some advice please.

Have made my mind up to get a Cross/Crucifix tattoo on my upper right arm. Am heading to Dublin the June bank holiday weekend. Can anyone recommend a venue to get the work done? What kinda money can i expect to dish out? Can i literally walk in off the street to get it done or should i be booking ahead?
    Am heading up with girlfriend on the friday morning and heading home the sunday afternoon, when would ya recommend getting it done in terms of aftercare.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

Hi all,

Some advice please.

Have made my mind up to get a Cross/Crucifix tattoo on my upper right arm. Am heading to Dublin the June bank holiday weekend. Can anyone recommend a venue to get the work done? What kinda money can i expect to dish out? Can i literally walk in off the street to get it done or should i be booking ahead?
    Am heading up with girlfriend on the friday morning and heading home the sunday afternoon, when would ya recommend getting it done in terms of aftercare.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Booking only
    I wouldnt get tattooed in a place that you can walk in off the street and get one done. It doesnt say much for the place if they have no customers especially on a Saturday which is the more than likely day you will be tattooed

There's many places in Dublin to get it done
    There is a list of galleries in a sticky at the top and you can look at their portfolios to see which one matches the style that you want done
    Also the tattoist may need some time to do up your design. So if your in contact you could probably email them a pic of what you want...

Depending on size and artist anything from minimum charge (mostly 80e) to about 300ish
    Be prepared that some artists might be booked for that day.

hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I know some places don't take bookings on a Saturday, and keep it for walk in customers only.

OP you never said what style of cross you wanted? Solid black, Celtic style, realistic... etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

I know some places don't take bookings on a Saturday, and keep it for walk in customers only.
    Didnt realise that damo..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Yeah think quite a few places work like that, but then their Saturdays can become a bit of a free-for-all, and you'd have to get in really early if you wanna get something done, and it could involve sitting round waiting for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭lyverbird1

Snakebite on Abbey Street don't take bookings on Saturdays, they open their door at 12 midday and there is usually a bit of a queue waiting. I've had a couple done there over the years although it's been a while so not sure if they are still as good as I remember. So, if you were to get there at about 11.45, it should be plenty of time, it's 54 Middle Abbey Street and is on the top floor. But I'd recommend reading up a couple of threads first to see who people are recommending these days. Oh, and not to be patronising but do your own research and perhaps bring your own design to be 100% sure you get what you want...

• Advertisement
Advertisement