Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ideal tank setup

Options
  • 30-04-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

hi i have been keeping fish for several years and want to get a bigger tank i am going to get a 200 litre tank at the moment my tank is only 70 litres. i have very hard water in my area and it has ph of 8.5 to 9. im not sure what fish to keep i was considering cichlids but they eat all the plants and i like a planted tank so what are my options. ro units are very expensive so im not going to get one to soften water

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Satyr_The_Great

YOu can get water treatment stuff for hard water. It creates good bacteria in the filter, and it lowers the ph. There are a few brands out there so have a look in a good petshop and they should and usually do have what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭woodyman

ya i know theres cushions but these are not recommended by most people and ion exchangers are not a great solution either

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Adding stuff like bog wood or coral etc can change the ph

Advertisement