Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Credit Card query

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a question regards Bank of Ireland Credit Cards. Any information is greatly appreciated.

I have a student account and a credit card. I pay the credit card 100% each 1st monday of the month. I have a few bob to pay off this month. Right now I don't have the money in my current account(which pays off the credit card) but i will have the money in there on sunday.

My issue is, now, as a result of this monday being a bank holiday the bank have taken the direct debit out yesterday! as a result of not having the money in there they have charged me more!

will i be charged this fee everyday i dont have it, or is it just the one penalty a month?

I hope ive explained this OK, anyone who think they could help but needs me to iron out a few details-ill try!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Just once per unpaid direct debit. You may also be charged for an unauthorised over draft on your current account. If you pay off you credit card Tuesday you should not have any other fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thomas353

can someone tell me if the bank of ireland debit card can be used in england?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Do you mean the laser card? If so, yes it can be used where shops accept maestro, but be aware that because England is not in the eurozone, you will be charged for using it. The charge ranges from €3 to €11 and is worked as a percentage of the spend.

Toots* wrote: »
    Do you mean the laser card? If so, yes it can be used where shops accept maestro, but be aware that because England is not in the eurozone, you will be charged for using it. The charge ranges from €3 to €11 and is worked as a percentage of the spend.
    THE CHARGE IM NOT TO CONCERN ABOUT, WHEN I USED MY VISA I GOT CHARGED, THATS BANKS FOR YOU? I REALLY NEVER NOTICED IF MAESTRO WAS READILY AVAILABLE IN ENGLAND, DO YOU KNOW IF ITS AS POPULAR AS MAESTRO. THANKS FOR THE INFO *TOOTS*

thomas353 wrote: »
    THE CHARGE IM NOT TO CONCERN ABOUT, WHEN I USED MY VISA I GOT CHARGED, THATS BANKS FOR YOU? I REALLY NEVER NOTICED IF MAESTRO WAS READILY AVAILABLE IN ENGLAND, DO YOU KNOW IF ITS AS POPULAR AS MAESTRO. THANKS FOR THE INFO *TOOTS*
    I MEAN IS MAESTRO AS POPULAR AS VISA

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Visa/Mastercard are more popular than Maestro, you may find it difficult to find retailers to accept it.

Also, just an aside, please don't type all in Caps. It makes posts difficult to read, and can also be seen as 'shouting'. ;)

OK

sorry just joking toots :)

Advertisement