Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Player with USB

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

It's something that I've been looking for for a while.

I have a few movies on an external hard drive that I watch through the PS3 but I'm moving out so I'd love to be able to watch them with the addition of a DVD player.

Any ideas very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Keep an eye out for the silvercrest one in lidl. Bought this a few months back for only 45 and it's been a great buy. The USB recognises my external 500G HD and plays virtually all types of files.

Unless you have a larger resolution TV this should be ideal. Especially as you will probably only be watching divx or avi files anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Amaru KGB

Spudmonkey wrote: »
    Keep an eye out for the silvercrest one in lidl. Bought this a few months back for only 45 and it's been a great buy. The USB recognises my external 500G HD and plays virtually all types of files.

Unless you have a larger resolution TV this should be ideal. Especially as you will probably only be watching divx or avi files anyway.

That sounds like something that I'm looking for however how often do they reappear in Lidl.

My T.V has a HDMI port but it's not a high resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Not sure, but they always tend to have a few special offers left over, they do in my local lidl anyway.

It has a HDMI output anyway so should work with your TV. It is probably better your TV does not have a high resolution as .avi files would not look great anyway on a 1080p resolution. Ideally what you want is a cheap player which will play at some fixed format (576i or 576p) and then leave your TV do the upscaling!

Advertisement