Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIT interviews?? Do they exist??

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Does anyone know if WIT have interviews for mature applicants? :confused: Went to two diff evenings up there....the first night was told I'd receive a form to fill in (which I did and have sent back) and that through my answers it'd be determined if i would be called for an interview...he didn't know if I'd hear anything back from the college to let me know or if I'd just be left hanging until July!! Then on the second night I was informed WIT no longer conduct interviews for mature applicants at all and the letter I'd received and returned was on a credits basis and would determine if I'd get into the college or not. I'm at a loss where to go from here :( Any info would be gratefully appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,354 ✭✭✭✭looksee

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭whatanidiot

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Ah was wondering about that myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Funny enough i had a meeting yesterday with a lecturer in WIT and I asked him about the interview and he told me they didnt hold them last year and hadnt heard about them for this year yet.

Personally I would prefer to go into an interview than fill in a form and hope that I can get down exactly what I need to say. My predicament is that I paniced on the day of my maths exam and dropped from honours to foundation (spent the preceding 8 weeks in hospital with a severe case of meningitis. Literaly came from hospital to exams and back to hospital some evenings) Anyway the course I wanna do is maths orientated,speaking to the lecturer he could tell yesterday that I had a good grasp of the whole concept and previous work exp would make me more than suitable for the course. He even mentioned that if I pushed it my previous exp might entitle me to go straight into year 3!! Something like this might not be so easy get accross on paper!!!

Advertisement