Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help urgently required

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

please help guys,

i have a machine here im in the process of building for a friends son's birthday on monday. the problem is with the mo/bo i think so any suggestions greatly appriciated

specs

asus a8n32 sli delux mo/bo
    amd athlon 64 x2 5600
    480 watt psu
    2x 1gig ram
    500gig f3 hdd
    ati 3870x2 gpu
    haf 932 case

problem................:confused:

after completing the build and trying to boot up nothing happens, the mo/bo lights up but none of the fans spin and no video output. i have tried jumping the mo/bo, reseting the cmos and stripping it down to bare bones but nothing works.
    the gpu is fine as is the ram and the processor all tested in my machine and working fine

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You sure you remembered all the PCIe cables and the EPS/ATX12V cable? Those are always easy to miss.

Take it all out of the case and try the CPU, mobo and one stick of RAM (swap the modules around) and see if it'll reach the BIOS outside the case. After that try to find/borrow some other compatible RAM modules and use them instead. After that it's just a case of re-checking the CPU and graphics card in other rigs and if they come out good the mobo's had it.

Advertisement